Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13829Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th June 2015, 11:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Sherlock Holmes: The Empty House. It has been three years since Sherlock Holmes apparently fell to his death along with his arch-enemy Professor Moriarty at Reichenbach Falls. Dr Watson, now working as a police surgeon, is called in on a bizarre locked-room murder case, only to find a strangely familiar figure waiting for him when he returns home... This great episode kicked off the third season of this legendary show. As well as wrapping up the loose threads from the Moriarty arc and the season 2 cliffhanger, it also has a much more difficult and potentially disastrous task to accomplish - namely, introducing a different Watson, with Edward Hardwicke replacing David Burke. That this is achieved so seamlessly is a credit to all involved. Personally I love both of them. Great stuff.
Old 4th June 2015, 11:31 PM
Cult Addict

Banshee season 2

Awesome, really great show that's completely silly in the best possible way. Like a modern day lurid pulp thriller with plenty of sex and violence, a mixture of tributes to action cinema and Amish people. Glad season 2 maintains the high quality. Roll on season 3.

Last edited by keirarts; 5th June 2015 at 09:40 AM.
Old 6th June 2015, 09:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Penny Dreadful -
Recently a friend put this on for me and the other half, We really enjoyed the first episode.

I haven;t seen any mention of it on the forum and a search for the name didn't bring much up. Has anyone here seen the show? I thought it managed to keep the episodes on S1 quite fresh, taking in account that they are dealin with some classic and well used characters in film and TV like Dorian Grey, Frankenstiens monster and so on.

The only thing about the show i didn't like was how long th sex scenes went on, i'm a bit more prudish than i like to admit, i an deal with certain horror movies and nudity it self isn't an issue for me but i am a prude so the TV show had it's moments of deamon rape style sex scenes that hit my panic button. lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PD - Monster.jpg (5.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg PD - bloodbath.jpg (21.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg PD - Woman.jpg (40.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 6th June 2015, 09:52 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Just finished the second season of Fringe. This show gets stronger as it goes on. It throws a lot of ideas at the screen, not all of them work, but its so ambitious I can forgive it's faults.

Two seasons in, I wouldn't say there's one episode that bored me. Great stuff.
keirarts likes this.
Old 6th June 2015, 10:09 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
Penny Dreadful -
moments of deamon rape style sex scenes that hit my panic button. lol.
As Demoncrat would say...Sold!!!

I've actually had this on my wishlist for ages but i've still got loads of tv box sets yet to watch so i've not been in any hurry to pick it up.

Same goes for From Dusk till Dawn and Sleepy Hollow.
keirarts and Vipp like this.
Old 6th June 2015, 10:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

It's a great show Dem, it has a lot of production value to it, and some great actors, even Timothy Bottoms does a good job of being a deamon hunter style guy.
keirarts likes this.
Old 6th June 2015, 10:32 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
It's a great show Dem, it has a lot of production value to it, and some great actors, even Timothy Bottoms does a good job of being a deamon hunter style guy.
Don't you mean Dalton?
Old 6th June 2015, 11:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Don't you mean Dalton?
HAHA! sorry mate, i love a film/book called 'Johnny got his gun' and i always get the actors names mixed up. yep i mean Dalton.
keirarts likes this.
Old 7th June 2015, 09:09 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Penny Dreadful -
Recently a friend put this on for me and the other half, We really enjoyed the first episode.

I haven;t seen any mention of it on the forum and a search for the name didn't bring much up. Has anyone here seen the show? I thought it managed to keep the episodes on S1 quite fresh, taking in account that they are dealin with some classic and well used characters in film and TV like Dorian Grey, Frankenstiens monster and so on.

The only thing about the show i didn't like was how long th sex scenes went on, i'm a bit more prudish than i like to admit, i an deal with certain horror movies and nudity it self isn't an issue for me but i am a prude so the TV show had it's moments of deamon rape style sex scenes that hit my panic button. lol.
Lol! Your in for a bit of an eye-opener with the last episode that was aired on Sky this week! I've a friend at work who has since decided to stop watching the show because of the scene in question!
Old 10th June 2015, 09:41 AM
Cult Addict

Loving Wayward Pines at the minute.
trebor8273 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!