Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th September 2015, 11:18 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by profondo rosso View Post
Been watching Dark Matter on the Sci Fi Channel, recorded them all so I could watch back to back and now on episode 4. Pleasantly surprised with good characters and make the most of the budgeted effects, so far reminds me of Farscape and Firefly so not bad at all.

Nice balance of the usual array of characters such as a weak and conscientious guy, another guns blazing shoot first ask questions later, young impish wiz kid and quiet asian sword / martial arts maestro (actually amazing to watch this guys skills) 'fit as' female lead who leads well and black hero type who keeps the peace in the newly formed team.

This can only get better as long as it does not get cancelled.

Recommended.

Attachment 169702

Attachment 169703
Good news it's been renewed for a second season
keirarts and profondo rosso like this.
Old 7th September 2015, 11:36 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Thanks Tre, fantastic news. There is nothing worse in modern viewing than getting involved with a series only for it to be pulled.
keirarts likes this.
Old 7th September 2015, 11:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Thanks Tre, fantastic news. There is nothing worse in modern viewing than getting involved with a series only for it to be pulled.
Feel the same, a lot of new shows I won't watch for that reason until I know they have been renewed
Old 7th September 2015, 12:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I'm the same, I usually buy them on Blu when the price has dropped and its season 2 or 3 etc and I know the series has longevity or even through Amazon prime like Grimm season 4. I try not watch something from the off because of this very pitfall! I have waited till the end of Dark Matter to hopefully see if it takes off and the overall feedback seems good and then you gave me that good news. Where did you hear about it Tre?

Defiance will be next I think and Falling Skies.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 7th September 2015, 12:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Does this have a certain J Ferdland in the cast??

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 7th September 2015, 12:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Dja mean this sexy thing?

cast_dark_matter_5.jpg

Jodelle.jpg
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 7th September 2015, 01:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Dja mean this sexy thing?

Attachment 169708

Attachment 169709
Yes, I believe that I do sir.

AAnyway...I rewatched Big Train, Simpsons Series 6 and still haven't caught these new Clangers
keirarts and profondo rosso like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 7th September 2015, 05:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default What TV Have You Seen?

Quote:
I'm the same, I usually buy them on Blu when the price has dropped and its season 2 or 3 etc and I know the series has longevity or even through Amazon prime like Grimm season 4. I try not watch something from the off because of this very pitfall! I have waited till the end of Dark Matter to hopefully see if it takes off and the overall feedback seems good and then you gave me that good news. Where did you hear about it Tre?

Defiance will be next I think and Falling Skies.

There are a few sites that tell you if something has been renewed. Been watching theses

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441646602.521072.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441646657.630346.jpg

Wasn't expecting much from both shows but been plesently surprised by both.

Dominion

God disappears and the Angels led Gabriel blamed mankind for this and set about wiping us out, mankind was aided by the archangel Michael . 20 years later most of humanity has been killed or posseed by lower Angels (only higher Angels can come to earth, lesser Angels have to possess a human host). We soon find out their is a chosen who was hid as a baby by Michael. Who humans believe will bring there salvation and Angels the power to destroy mankind and bring God back. Sounds very familiar as its a sequel to legion(2010)

The last ship
Excellent. After a plague has infected or killed 80% of the worlds population a lone navy destroyer is the worlds last hope for a cure. Sadly in this time the world has fallen into anarchy making their job a lot harder than it should be

Watched the first couple of episodes of dark matter and another plesent surprise which as mentioned comes of as a cross between Farscape and firefly, nice to have a more old school style scifi show on TV

Last edited by trebor8273; 7th September 2015 at 06:02 PM.
Old 7th September 2015, 05:45 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Started season 3 of Breaking Bad it really is a great show but i cant stand Walters wife apart from that really enjoying it.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 7th September 2015, 05:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Started season 3 of Breaking Bad it really is a great show but i cant stand Walters wife apart from that really enjoying it.
Nobody liked her, a hateful self centred annoying bitch, but she does mallow in the last season

Like this? Share it using the links below!