Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

Nordicdusk 15th April 2021 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 649924)
Peaky Blinders is a fantastic show!

Speaking of fantastic shows, I’m working my way through Sons of Anarchy again, currently on the season 3 finale, even though I obviously know what happens, it’s still gripping :nod:

Sons was such a great show.

Rik 15th April 2021 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 649928)
Sons was such a great show.

Yeah, I first watched it a couple of years ago, binged the lot in a week and it’s looking likely I’ll be doing the same with this rewatch :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th April 2021 10:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm with Rik and Morty...er' Nordy. I absolutely love Sons of Anarchy.

If you fancy a lavish coffee table book on the show them i highly recommend this.

Nordicdusk 15th April 2021 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 649941)
I'm with Rik and Morty...er' Nordy.

:pound:

nosferatu42 20th April 2021 04:08 AM

Just watched an interview with Stephen King on the BBC news "Hardtalk" segment that is shown late at night, was about 20 mins i think, nothing really new or earth shattering but was quite interesting to see him in conversation with a news "stiff". :lol:

Probably available on the iplayer somewhere.:pop2:

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th April 2021 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 650288)
Just watched an interview with Stephen King on the BBC news "Hardtalk" segment that is shown late at night, was about 20 mins i think, nothing really new or earth shattering but was quite interesting to see him in conversation with a news "stiff". :lol:

Probably available on the iplayer somewhere.:pop2:

I saw that. It wasn't bad. Hard Talk can be okay when they are talking to someone other than politicians.

Rik 20th April 2021 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 649924)
Peaky Blinders is a fantastic show!

Speaking of fantastic shows, I’m working my way through Sons of Anarchy again, currently on the season 3 finale, even though I obviously know what happens, it’s still gripping :nod:

Just finished Sons, such an amazing show!

Completely unrelated, but I appear to have something in my eye :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th April 2021 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 650322)
Just finished Sons, such an amazing show!

Completely unrelated, but I appear to have something in my eye :lol:

It's testament to the great writing and characters that a show about gun running, drug dealing thugs can be so emotive.

Must be all that sand of those desert roads.

Rik 20th April 2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 650326)
It's testament to the great writing and characters that a show about gun running, drug dealing thugs can be so emotive.

Must be all that sand of those desert roads.

Yeah, still need to check out Mayans MC, but I highly doubt it’ll be as good as Sons

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th April 2021 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 650331)
Yeah, still need to check out Mayans MC, but I highly doubt it’ll be as good as Sons

I've got the first series on dvd. It isn't as good as Sons but the final episode promises much as a few familiar faces turn up.

It's worth getting in my opinion, Rik.

Rik 20th April 2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 650340)
I've got the first series on dvd. It isn't as good as Sons but the final episode promises much as a few familiar faces turn up.

It's worth getting in my opinion, Rik.

The first two seasons are on BBC iPlayer, so I’ll check it out at some point

Graveyard 21st April 2021 02:43 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...NXXg4&usqp=CAU

I'm been watching The Wire, but decide to make a pause and give it a go on this one, today I finally gain courage to watch the last episode - when you are enjoying a tv show you don't really want to end it - but this one made it just a perfect way.

Very interesting to follow the characters during different periods in NY.

100% Recommend

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st April 2021 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graveyard (Post 650419)
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...NXXg4&usqp=CAU

I'm been watching The Wire, but decide to make a pause and give it a go on this one, today I finally gain courage to watch the last episode - when you are enjoying a tv show you don't really want to end it - but this one made it just a perfect way.

Very interesting to follow the characters during different periods in NY.

100% Recommend

I've only seen series one. Thought it was really good. Maggie Gyllenhaal. What a star.

Graveyard 21st April 2021 03:12 PM

No doubt! Even I hate James Franco with all my heart :laugh: - still manage to enjoy the show.

I will recommend to watch the rest if you can Dem :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th April 2021 10:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I watched the first three episodes of the BBC's 1981 series Day of the Triffids.

It's an excellent series that clearly influenced Danny Boyle's 28 Days Later.

I've seen it before...

...But not looking as stunning as the recent blu-ray. It's been beautifully restored and includes a feature on the restoration process and a detailed 12 page booklet from Doctor Who archivist Andrew Pixley.

trebor8273 26th April 2021 08:58 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzmrmjlESjQ

Brilliant even better than the first seasons , we have moved on too 80s Regan era at the height of the cold war paranoia with those events effecting the space race and possibly leading too world war 3. Well acted and with a great 80s feeling and events mirroring those that happened for real, we have a fantastic and gripping final episode that's also sad as we see the end of two beloved characters whom going out in a heroic style that's a poignant for both characters.

Can't wait for season 3 which is already filming and jumps ahead to the 90s and will focus on the race too mars.

Also finished The Falcon and The Winter Solider which was Ok and had some good scenes and Easter eggs but is not something I would go back too and wasn't a patch on the brilliant Wandvision, also why did they power down Bucky so much , when he could stand toe to with Iron man and Captain American and has trouble with one knock off super solider.

Hopefully Loki will be better.

At least Bad Batch is out on May 4th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsOmYpP4UDU

Dave Boy 27th April 2021 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 650841)

Also finished The Falcon and The Winter Solider which was Ok and had some good scenes and Easter eggs but is not something I would go back too and wasn't a patch on the brilliant Wandvision, also why did they power down Bucky so much , when he could stand toe to with Iron man and Captain American and has trouble with one knock off super solider.

Hopefully Loki will be better.

At least Bad Batch is out on May 4th.

Yeah, Falcon and The Winter Soldier.. disappointed. I could happily watch WandaVision again but not this. For me, it got too political. I don't like being preached to and got fed up with it.

gag 3rd May 2021 10:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Line of duty

Over 13 million viewers, one of the biggest ratings in 20yrs.

This made me chuckle, this what's going round the net, people are complaining almost as much as they did when GOT finished, it was a huge let done, not by revealing who was the mastermind behind it, even tho a lot of people aren't happy with who it was, but no explosive ending considering how the previous series have been, was more of a faulty party popper then fireworks.

Rik 3rd May 2021 01:09 PM

It was shite, massive let down!

davcol 3rd May 2021 07:21 PM

Brookside circa 1993.
I've been watching this on YouTube recently. Storylines including the body under the patio, Jimmy corkhills decent into drug addiction and Barry Grants nightclub feud with Jo halsall.
It's a good snapshot of 90s telly.

Demoncrat 3rd May 2021 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davcol (Post 651335)
Brookside circa 1993.
I've been watching this on YouTube recently. Storylines including the body under the patio, Jimmy corkhills decent into drug addiction and Barry Grants nightclub feud with Jo halsall.
It's a good snapshot of 90s telly.

Sold. Just after I devour this Squeamish About ... ahem ;):nod::pop2::woot:

Demoncrat 5th May 2021 11:22 PM

Squeamish About ...

Matt Berry and Arthur Matthews present a snapshot of this splintered isle, with the use of archive footage and some well chosen tunes (and of course, MB's unique SPEAKing voicebox thingummyjig :lol:)
Much like if Adam Curtis had a sense of humour :laugh:
Ahem. Short and silly is the order of the day. Recommended, especially if you are familiar with Berry as the shrink in the off kilter radio show I, Regress

Demoncrat 6th May 2021 05:02 PM

Am now perusing this Vicious, where Magneto, Claudius, Miss Joooooooooones and Ramsey Bolton camp it up LF.

How I wish Jacobi had played The Master past his initial appearance. Ho hum.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th May 2021 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 651587)
Am now perusing this Vicious, where Magneto, Claudius, Miss Joooooooooones and Ramsey Bolton camp it up LF.

How I wish Jacobi had played The Master past his initial appearance. Ho hum.

Should have had him opposite an older Doctor like Capaldi. I can see why they'd want a younger one to face Tennant though.

Smith could have come up against Missy. There you go sorted.:lol:

bleakshaun 10th May 2021 04:36 PM

Watching Fargo series 1 on Netflix

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th May 2021 10:30 AM

Last week, I watched each series of Line of Duty, beginning with the first one on Monday and managing to watch on every day, concluding with the sixth series on Saturday night.

I really enjoyed each one, watching the first five for the second time, and thought the conclusion was fitting and perfectly logical, matching the characters and plot threads from several years ago.

It's something I will probably revisit towards the end of the year and will likely watch it in the same way again – I don't think I could have happily watched an episode a week and coped with the uncertainty after a major cliffhanger.

I'm now re-watching Game of Thrones because I bought the eighth season and thought the best way to which it is by revisiting the previous seven to reacquaint myself with all the different characters, locations, and narrative arcs.

gag 11th May 2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 651877)
Last week, I watched each series of Line of Duty, beginning with the first one on Monday and managing to watch on every day, concluding with the sixth series on Saturday night.

I really enjoyed each one, watching the first five for the second time, and thought the conclusion was fitting and perfectly logical, matching the characters and plot threads from several years ago.

It's something I will probably revisit towards the end of the year and will likely watch it in the same way again – I don't think I could have happily watched an episode a week and coped with the uncertainty after a major cliffhanger.

I'm now re-watching Game of Thrones because I bought the eighth season and thought the best way to which it is by revisiting the previous seven to reacquaint myself with all the different characters, locations, and narrative arcs.

SPOILER:
Nah, I don’t think Buckles is the 4th H, I think he thinks it’s easier to take the blame and spend time in jail than reveal who H is as to risk getting killed because he knows what they’re capable of, and 100% Carmichael got something to do with it and she was happily to stitch buckles up and let him take blame, plus series 6 was a bit of a let down compared to rest, and it went out with a fizzle instead of bang.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th May 2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 651884)
SPOILER:
Nah, I don’t think Buckles is the 4th H, I think he thinks it’s easier to take the blame and spend time in jail than reveal who H is as to risk getting killed because he knows what they’re capable of, and 100% Carmichael got something to do with it and she was happily to stitch buckles up and let him take blame, plus series 6 was a bit of a let down compared to rest, and it went out with a fizzle instead of bang.

If you consider that the OCG has the most power and needs people within the police force that they can manipulate, I think the personnel makes perfect sense. I didn't feel let down by the revelation at the end because it fits with the people within the police who featured during the first five series.

Additionally, if you think the previous people identified as corrupt were
SPOILER:
'Dot' Cottan, Derek Hilton, and Gill Biggeloe
, I wasn't surprised it was somebody who has generally flown under the radar and not an obvious candidate.

trebor8273 11th May 2021 09:39 PM

Watching these two on Netflix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga0iTWXCGa0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNP8m3gaaFE

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th May 2021 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 651912)

Are you enjoying them? Do you recommend them? As I don't have a Netflix membership at the moment, I would like to know what I should watch I begin paying for it again.

trebor8273 12th May 2021 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 651925)
Are you enjoying them? Do you recommend them? As I don't have a Netflix membership at the moment, I would like to know what I should watch I begin paying for it again.

yes. lots of great Korean and Japanese (and other country's) shows on Netflix. i would say i've enjoyed them more than most of the stuff produced by the uk and america

Graveyard 12th May 2021 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 651877)
Last week, I watched each series of Line of Duty

Just start to watch this last week, very good tv show. now I need to be strong and avoid the spoiler button below :lol:

gag 12th May 2021 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graveyard (Post 651968)
Just start to watch this last week, very good tv show. now I need to be strong and avoid the spoiler button below :lol:

Great series if its your first watch, lots of cliffhangers twist and turns and at times some really good action.

See I never gave a single thing away :lol:.

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th May 2021 11:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sleepwalker (1984)

A grim little ditty from director Saxon Logan. When a couple visit another couple, supposedly best friends but you really wouldn't know it from their attitudes towards one another, who begin bickering whilst at a restaurant taking it further when they reach the couples home as their differing morals and social thinking becomes a game of drunken sexual one up man ship eventually taking the film into something of a slasher territory during the last ten minutes with bloody effect.

This has a really good cast including Nickolas Grace, best known as the sheriff of Nottingham in tv's Robin of Sherwood, and Joanna Page. What starts as a bit of fun quickly descends into uncomfortable unease watching and listening to the four snipe at each other until Logan injects a definite Giallo influence into the finale.

Bizarre and disorientating, a classic piece of British weirdness.

gag 16th May 2021 09:40 PM

Watched a episode of Only fools and horses that I hadn’t seen, realised tbh quite a few episode I’ve never seen, so decide to watch them all from the beginning.
Just starting season 5 and on the episode we’re Raquel first introduced.

Linbro 19th May 2021 11:55 PM

Working my way through the really nice Imprint boxset of 'Hammer House of Horror'. Only four episodes in, but liking it a lot. Looks and sounds great too - this set was a blind buy, regarding both the content and the quality, and I couldn't be happier with it.

MrBarlow 20th May 2021 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linbro (Post 652455)
Working my way through the really nice Imprint boxset of 'Hammer House of Horror'. Only four episodes in, but liking it a lot. Looks and sounds great too - this set was a blind buy, regarding both the content and the quality, and I couldn't be happier with it.

I watched the boxset a while back and really enjoyed them.

Nordicdusk 20th May 2021 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 652229)
Watched a episode of Only fools and horses that I hadn’t seen, realised tbh quite a few episode I’ve never seen, so decide to watch them all from the beginning.
Just starting season 5 and on the episode we’re Raquel first introduced.

Sadly they always show the same episodes on tv over and over again considering how many their are it makes no sense.

gag 20th May 2021 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 652473)
Sadly they always show the same episodes on tv over and over again considering how many their are it makes no sense.

Not just only fools and horses some channels repeat exact same episode sometimes upto 3 times on same day it’s ridiculous.
With amount of tv shows and some programmes having loads of episodes there no reason to repeat same show in a month.

Nordicdusk 20th May 2021 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 652476)
Not just only fools and horses some channels repeat exact same episode sometimes upto 3 times on same day it’s ridiculous.
With amount of tv shows and some programmes having loads of episodes there no reason to repeat same show in a month.

Speaking of game shows i love the old ones Bullseye Generation Game The Price is Right and so on bloody challenge show the bloody chase 100 times a day instead of proper classics. Bring back Krypton Factor for god sake screw the chase