Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th February 2016, 02:04 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenhooker View Post
It's still very funny in short doses, they're only around twenty minutes a piece which is an optimal Partridge time allotment. I didn't like the film much myself.

Fair enough.
Old 18th February 2016, 06:29 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'm not surprised the OJ Simpson thing is tucked away on BBC2.

I'm in the 'Who gives a shit?' camp on this. He committed a crime, he's in prison. That's it!
I'm recording it because I am really interested by the entire case, the racist police, and Johnnie Cochran's brilliant defence.

O.J. Simpson is in prison for robbery in Las Vegas, an unrelated crime committed in 2007. All of this is a shame, because he was an incredibly talented and productive football player, and underrated comedy actor.

As for Alan Partridge, I could binge watch the shows, and love the film.
Old 18th February 2016, 06:34 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I'm recording it because I am really interested by the entire case, the racist police, and Johnnie Cochran's brilliant defence.

O.J. Simpson is in prison for robbery in Las Vegas, an unrelated crime committed in 2007. All of this is a shame, because he was an incredibly talented and productive football player, and underrated comedy actor.
He clearly did it. It isn't your average person who's found guilty of armed robbery and kidnapping.
Old 18th February 2016, 07:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

A documentary called 'Dinosaur 13'.
A group of people retrieve the fossilized remains of a T- Rex, and then have to fight with government agencies, through the courts, to get their D13 back. An interesting & engaging documentary. Probably enjoyed it, cause I loved Jurassic World so much. 😉
Old 18th February 2016, 07:16 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
He clearly did it. It isn't your average person who's found guilty of armed robbery and kidnapping.
I can't say whether he was guilty of robbery and kidnapping because I didn't follow that case, but the evidence does seem overwhelming! I was a bit too young (and preoccupied by time in hospital) to know much about the murder case at the time, but have read about it a few years after the fact.

In comparison, I was at home with much more spare time on my hands, and Sky News/News 24, when Louise Woodward was on trial and, because I was studying A-level law at the time, followed that one closely.
Old 21st February 2016, 07:09 AM
Cult Acolyte

The Bill: Badlands/Eyes Everywhere. DS John Boulton puts off his leave (much to the disappointment of his colleagues) to try and catch a brutal pair of burglars who are terrorising the elderly. When his investigation clashes with an operation being run by DS Jeff Daly and PCs Dave Quinnan and George Garfield, Boulton steamrolls over it - but his bull-in-a-china-shop methods result first in the compromising of an informant, and then in Quinnan being caught in a terrifying ambush that leaves his life hanging by a thread... This gripping and dramatic two parter sees Boulton's popularity dropping to new lows and the shocking assault that will impact on Quinnan's character for his remaining years on the show. Great stuff.
Old 21st February 2016, 07:45 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Bucktoothed simpletons with eyebrows on their cheeks

Quote:

Fair enough.
Bollocks, Alan is Christ............

Old 21st February 2016, 09:14 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Enjoyed the first episode of The Night Manager.

I always find Tom Hiddleston very watchable and he's perfect for the role of hotel night manager. The first episode is very much an introduction to the characters but takes place in Cairo, London and finally the Swiss Alps. There's a delightful feeling of unease about it all.

If, like me you enjoy a bit of John Le Carre then this should be required viewing for the next five weeks.
Old 21st February 2016, 09:34 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Enjoyed the first episode of The Night Manager.

I always find Tom Hiddleston very watchable and he's perfect for the role of hotel night manager. The first episode is very much an introduction to the characters but takes place in Cairo, London and finally the Swiss Alps. There's a delightful feeling of unease about it all.

If, like me you enjoy a bit of John Le Carre then this should be required viewing for the next five weeks.
Dammit. I forgot to set my V+ box to record the series, so I'll have to do that and watch the first episode on catch up/iPlayer.

I am currently halfway through Dickensian and really enjoying it – it's very cleverly written and constructed, and beautifully acted by the superb English cast.
Old 21st February 2016, 09:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Dammit. I forgot to set my V+ box to record the series, so I'll have to do that and watch the first episode on catch up/iPlayer.

I am currently halfway through Dickensian and really enjoying it – it's very cleverly written and constructed, and beautifully acted by the superb English cast.
I shall be ordering the dvd of that.

Did you ever see Bleak House? That was a real treat with a superb ensemble cast, and like Dickensian, shown in many half hour chunks.

It's about three years since i last saw it but will be going back to it again shortly i think.

Like this? Share it using the links below!