All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13831Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th April 2016, 10:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I'm enjoying the 'Penn And Teller - Fool Us In Vegas' show on Channel 5 on Sunday evening

It's a mixture of new magicians, who try to do a trick which leave Penn and Teller baffled, and then the boys doing a trick of their own at the end

Sadly it has Jonathan Ross in it!

It's a shame that the film 'Penn And Teller Get Killed' is only available as a region 1 release - maybe it's something that Arrow or 88Films could look into?
I enjoyed first series.
But keep forgetting its on, only seen one episode of series 2. It was the one where he used the mini plunger to pick the cards up with.
Old 12th April 2016, 04:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

last episode of season 2 of star wars rebels. excellent stuff also very dark for what is supposed to be a kids show. been a great season with the return of Ahsoka and someone long thought dead in the last episode. if you are a star wars fan, do yourself a favor and watch it
Old 14th April 2016, 04:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Department S

Just watched the first episode of the series, first off the picture quality like a lot of the ITC shows is fantastic, so much that I can't see a blu Ray release looking too much better.

Department S is a secret department of Interpol that investigate strange cases. The department members are flamboyant novelist Jason King (Peter "truck stop" Wyngarde), department head Stewart Sullivan ( Joel Fabiani ) and secretary Annabella Hill ( Rosemary Nicolos). Their first case involves an airplane that asks to land at London airport we soon learn that the plane has been missing for six days, it's up to our intrepid team to figure and how and why. On the whole very enjoyable and if you enjoy other ITC shows I would say it worth picking up in the sale.
Old 14th April 2016, 04:39 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Department S
Is it studio bound or is there location work as well?
Old 14th April 2016, 04:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Is it studio bound or is there location work as well?
i would say some location work, but as it takes place in the airport and around London I might be wrong. Will now better after viewed some more episodes

Edit

Just did research online and it looks like it's studio bound.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Department_S_(TV_series)
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 14th April 2016, 07:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched the second episode of department s, a episode of the invaders , the Saint and a couple of UFO which is just as good as I remember with its fantastic model work, groovy 60s vibe (even if it's supposed to be set in the early 80s) and of course who can forget the sexy ladies of moo base. Will probaly watch a episode of the persuaders next
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 15th April 2016, 11:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Have been watching Childrens Hospital, a very silly spoof of Greys Anatomy etc.

Have also been watching the not silly at all Horace & Pete, written by Louis CK, the US stand up. Basically a play in ten parts about a family bar, Cheers it isn't!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th April 2016, 04:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Persuaders

Absolutely fantastic, Lord Brett Sinclair (Roger Moore ) and Danny Wilde ( Tony Curtis ) a self made millionaire from the Bronx are brought together by an retired judge under the threat of prison time to help him find a mobster that the judge thinks faked his own death. The duo share a love a good living , beautiful woman, fast cars and adventure. The picture quality is stunning lots of rich bright colours, shot on location which looks stunning. But the real highlight of the show is the amazing chemistry between the two stars. Nearly all the scenes with them together are a joy to watch.

Old 15th April 2016, 04:18 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

That's from episode one i think.

It gets better regarding the two actors chemistry. They are a real hoot most of the time.

Keep an eye out on Brett's number plate. In one episode, i think it's the sixth, it has it's real numbers on rather than BS 1.
Old 15th April 2016, 04:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
That's from episode one i think.

It gets better regarding the two actors chemistry. They are a real hoot most of the time.

Keep an eye out on Brett's number plate. In one episode, i think it's the sixth, it has it's real numbers on rather than BS 1.
Yes it is, the music has been changed, it's a song on the DVD and not the theme tune

Like this? Share it using the links below!