Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

Rik 5th March 2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 325680)
starting on The Walking Dead season 3 soon also. :nod:

SPOILER ALERT: Zombies "die" during the course of the season!

Hawkmonger 5th March 2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 325724)
SPOILER ALERT: Zombies "die" during the course of the season!

Gotta be cruel to be kind.:lol:

Zann 5th March 2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 325597)
Joan Rivers about the joke she made about a jewish girl looking hot here the link,
Joan Rivers refuses to apologise over 'vulgar and offensive' joke about Heidi Klum's backside | Mail Online this just is not funny or mausing

Yeah I heard the howls about this too, although the comment was in fact "the last time a German looked this hot".

keirarts 5th March 2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 325680)
Returned to Utena last night, with a filler (groan)...did one of the main characters give birth to King Ghidorah at the end? Just when I thought this show couldn't get any wierder too, I can't get enough! Sadly I only have 8 episodes left, it's gone from a guilty pleasure to a favourate on this second viewing so....grud, need to see this guy's newest stuff...oh, and starting on The Walking Dead season 3 soon also. :nod:

On the plus side, I think the japanese are getting over the whole filler thing slowly but surely, I watched a show called kingdom. They stopped at episode 38 and are waiting a few months before resuming with a second season.

Filler is one of my pet peeves, it almost ruined naruto entirely, shippuuden is a slog in places because of it.

Hawkmonger 6th March 2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 325872)
On the plus side, I think the japanese are getting over the whole filler thing slowly but surely, I watched a show called kingdom. They stopped at episode 38 and are waiting a few months before resuming with a second season.

Filler is one of my pet peeves, it almost ruined naruto entirely, shippuuden is a slog in places because of it.

Indeed, in the case of the big three I think there roughly 45% filler. :crazy:
In general I dislike filler, but in the case of Utena and a large number of others besides (one could argue the bulk of Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo is filler) there single episodes every 7 or so episodes apart. And in Utena's case, at least I can laugh at either how groan inducing (a character turning into a cow through vanity...wut?), insane (boxing kangaroo...I still can't get over this), charming (high school obligatory ball episode), or secretly awsome they are (once again...was that freaking KING GHIDORAH?!).

On a different note, flicking through the channels late at night I stummbled across the last 5 minuets of an episode of TOWIE. Dear god the rumours I heard where true, how can ANYONE consider this stuff to be entertainment? Taste and all aside, what redeaming features does this show have, other than make us 'normal' folk feel better about ourselfs? Damned if it's being shown in my house hold again!:pound:

gag 6th March 2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zann (Post 325781)
Yeah I heard the howls about this too, although the comment was in fact "the last time a German looked this hot".

It's just that some jokes aren't funny and others are just plain wrong and that is both,

Hawkmonger 14th March 2013 08:22 AM

Episode 33 of Utena: "The Prince Who Runs Through the Night".
A VERY disturbing episode that peer's into the confused emotions of the teenage mind during her first sexual experience. As usual odd imagery and theme's abound but there's a very eary, nightmarish tone to this episode and it's hard not to feel sorry for Utena being almost forced into this situation and not enitrely sure if she enjoys it.

keirarts 14th March 2013 09:50 AM

Watched a whole bunch more of SONS OF ANARCHY, great show very much in the spirit of 70's bike movies.

Demoncrat 14th March 2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 324986)
Oh cock, I knew this was on and totally forgot! What did he sing?

When Joanna Loved Me & Mathilda, just noticed reply, better late than never etc!!;)

gag 30th March 2013 10:58 PM

Been sat watching alsorts all night, I have a habit of recording alsorts of owt and nowt then spending Saturday night catching up tonight watched banged up abroad, body shocking show , tales from the darkside, several true documentary on real life killers, and few other odds and ends any true documentary I tend to watch doesn't matter what is it, prisoners, killers, crime eg shoplifters etc,