Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd May 2016, 08:11 AM
Cult Acolyte

The Bill: Foreign Body. A police chase ends in a crash, a dead driver - and the unexpected discovery of a dead woman in the driver's boot. The case soon takes an unexpected turn that leads DCI Jack Meadows and DC Rod Skase to France, where things don't exactly go as planned... Although it starts off on a serious note, this feature-length special soon turns into a very funny episode with our two detectives being decidedly fish out of water. Rod is on particularly fine form; I do love that berk.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 3rd May 2016, 03:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched Siberia. The NBC "reality" show. Wet myself. Would love a "celeb" version

Recommended, even though I know it's ancient
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd May 2016, 08:35 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Mayday (2013)

Mayday in a small town steeped in pagan traditions where the crowning of the May Queen is the highlight of the day until suddenly she goes missing.

A rather tasty and sinister five part BBC series in which all the main protagonists, a fine array of tv talent including Aiden Gillen (Game of Thrones, The Wire), Peter Firth (Spooks) and Lesley Manville (Cranford), are suspected of the murder of 14 year old Hattie Sutton and all seemingly have motives. Motives that include being caught wanking in the woods, being the object of the dead girl's crush, or because Hattie had to die to bring about new life to the town. It's not just a murder mystery though. As befits the tradition of Mayday there's also a mystical aspect to it all with the whole thing having a surreal Pagan aura to it, especially the finale.

I planned on watching an episode a night but ended up watching the last three one after the other as i had to know how and why.

Had this been made in the 70's i've no doubt it would be revered and released by the BFI alongside productions like Robin Redbreast and Penda's Fen.

Recommended.

Leila Mimmack as Hattie Fisher.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 3rd May 2016 at 08:46 PM.
Old 4th May 2016, 01:44 AM
Cult Acolyte

Saw the first episode of The Strain on Channel 11 over here. Pretty good so far actually, I shall certainly be watching next week. Okay, you have my attention.
Justin101, keirarts and J Harker like this.
Old 4th May 2016, 01:51 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

only thing ive mainly seen recemtly on tv realy is the dust
Susan Foreman and keirarts like this.
Old 4th May 2016, 12:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Have been tearing through Banshee Series 3. A constant delight. Am glad that I waited now and didn't just tan it all at once.
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th May 2016, 12:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Btw, keep watching, I know it grates but keep with it hahaha

keirarts likes this.

[B]
Old 6th May 2016, 09:11 AM
Cult Addict

So i started on my Twin Peaks set last night. Only made the pilot as it was quite late.
What a great starting point though.
Brilliant, just quirky and funny. Kyle McLachlan an actor I've never been keen on is brilliant as Agent Cooper. As are all the cast so far playing a balanced mix of normal and totally weird characters. Obviously too soon to make a proper opinion on the show but the pilots got me looking forward to more.

Last edited by J Harker; 6th May 2016 at 10:58 PM.
Old 6th May 2016, 09:16 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
only thing ive mainly seen recemtly on tv realy is the dust
Probably a damn sight better than most of the actual programmes that are broadcast!
gag and nosferatu42 like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 10th May 2016, 11:04 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Well i started my Marvel Avengers marathon.

Watched Captain America The First Avenger last night. Better than i recall. I've given it some real stick on other threads. I think i perhaps dozed off the first time i saw it as there was much i didn't remember.

I'm two episodes into Agent Carter.

Quite impressed by it. Hayley Atwell makes for a likable lead and James D'Arcy proves a good foil. The late forties setting makes for a nice change as well.

Another couple of episodes to come now.

Like this? Share it using the links below!