Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th June 2016, 10:02 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Banshee is gloriously exploitative and childish, and all the better for it. Wonderfully over the top when it comes to violence and nudity and never takes itself too seriously. I loved every minute.
Old 12th June 2016, 11:07 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I watched the first episode from the second season of Waywood Pines last night that my Sky box had decided to record.

I was sceptical how a second season would play out after season one's closing 'cliffhanger', however watching the opening episode allayed some of my fears, although it's way too early to tell and could go either way really. In some ways it feels a little redundant though as the first season had a mysterious edge to it, which has now long disappeared and the first episode of season two felt a little like a sped up summarised version of season one's first few episodes.

Jason Patric takes the Matt Dillon style role in this season and seems pretty capable so far, plus a few familiar face from the first season are back too.
Justin101 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 12th June 2016, 11:49 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I watched the first episode from the second season of Waywood Pines last night that my Sky box had decided to record.

I was sceptical how a second season would play out after season one's closing 'cliffhanger', however watching the opening episode allayed some of my fears, although it's way too early to tell and could go either way really. In some ways it feels a little redundant though as the first season had a mysterious edge to it, which has now long disappeared and the first episode of season two felt a little like a sped up summarised version of season one's first few episodes.

Jason Patric takes the Matt Dillon style role in this season and seems pretty capable so far, plus a few familiar face from the first season are back too.
It's getting bad reviews unfortunately, I was really looking forward to the second season after the finale of season 1 and I've only watched the first episode so far but it's no-where near as good.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 12th June 2016, 11:55 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post

As I don't watch much live TV (setting things to record and watching them later or buying/renting box sets), I saw a trailer for this and thought about recording it because it looks good until the end of the trailer said it was the second season – it was the first I'd heard of the show and had completely missed the first season!
Old 12th June 2016, 11:59 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
It's getting bad reviews unfortunately, I was really looking forward to the second season after the finale of season 1 and I've only watched the first episode so far but it's no-where near as good.
I'm not surpised its getting bad reviews. I thought the first episode was very poor, I'll give it a chance but its going to need to seriously buck its ideas up. Given Blake Crouch's source material was completely used up on season 1, it feels like a bit of a milking exercise even making another season.
Old 12th June 2016, 12:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just a quick sum up of Doomwatch.

An excellent series whose subjects of science and technology gone wrong are still entirely relevant today. Brilliantly performed with characters you sympathize with, it's just a tragedy (in tv terms) that huge chunks of the first and third series are still missing from the BBC archives following their wiping as was BBC policy back in the sixties and seventies believing they had no further use for series like this, Doctor Who and Dad's Army.

Superb stuff which i'm delighted to now have in my collection, but prepare to be frustrated if you want to follow the ongoing story lines of the characters in series 3 and the shock ending to the first season.

Old 12th June 2016, 12:19 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
As I don't watch much live TV (setting things to record and watching them later or buying/renting box sets), I saw a trailer for this and thought about recording it because it looks good until the end of the trailer said it was the second season – it was the first I'd heard of the show and had completely missed the first season!
The first season is good, do you have sky tv I think it's still in the box sets on catch up.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 12th June 2016, 12:25 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I'm not surpised its getting bad reviews. I thought the first episode was very poor, I'll give it a chance but its going to need to seriously buck its ideas up. Given Blake Crouch's source material was completely used up on season 1, it feels like a bit of a milking exercise even making another season.
I feared as much. I'd got a bit tired of the first season as it was coming to a close, and the opener of the second is unfortunately not as good a that so it doesn't bode well.
Old 12th June 2016, 12:31 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
The first season is good, do you have sky tv I think it's still in the box sets on catch up.
I have Virgin Media, so I'll have to check Amazon or Lovefilm.
Old 12th June 2016, 12:43 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I have Virgin Media, so I'll have to check Amazon or Lovefilm.
I think FOX HD showed it Nos, so you may be able to track it down on Virgin depending on your subscription package.

Like this? Share it using the links below!