Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th April 2013, 04:28 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Well if bleach is back then thats cool. Naruto seems to be getting backl on form lately, far less filler. Though WHEN i have this editing suite sorted I may make a project out of editing away all the shippuuden filler and make a dragonball kai-like redux version of the show that would hopefully play like the first series.

As for Fairytail, its actually a favourite of mine, though I do like one piece.
Naruto's filler has got WAAAY out of hand, Bleach ended so as not to get to repetitive with it's filler. One Piece has done well to generally avoid filler unless they can some how tie it into canon or an upcoming movie etc.

I think the reason I just didn't GET Fairy Tail was because even thought here where aspects I liked (the throwback to fantasy epics, tie's to Rave! and freakin' Bixlow (tongue tattoo!)) I just couldn't get past how paper thin I often think it was. I could have blown the plot away with a fart on a few occations. Not a terrible series not by any stretch of the imagination (it's not Eiken level bad) just one I found often derivitive...but seriously, give Bixlow his own spin off series!
keirarts likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 5th April 2013, 04:55 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Naruto's filler has got WAAAY out of hand, Bleach ended so as not to get to repetitive with it's filler. One Piece has done well to generally avoid filler unless they can some how tie it into canon or an upcoming movie etc.

I think the reason I just didn't GET Fairy Tail was because even thought here where aspects I liked (the throwback to fantasy epics, tie's to Rave! and freakin' Bixlow (tongue tattoo!)) I just couldn't get past how paper thin I often think it was. I could have blown the plot away with a fart on a few occations. Not a terrible series not by any stretch of the imagination (it's not Eiken level bad) just one I found often derivitive...but seriously, give Bixlow his own spin off series!
There is a lot more plot to fairy tail, its just taking its time revealling everything. 175 where it ended started to reveal/suggest some major things, I would agree that it takes perhaps a little too long to reveal everything!
Old 5th April 2013, 05:05 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
There is a lot more plot to fairy tail, its just taking its time revealling everything. 175 where it ended started to reveal/suggest some major things, I would agree that it takes perhaps a little too long to reveal everything!
I got to episode 50, so maybe i'll give it another shot soon now i've an oppertunity to catch up.

DVD and BD collection
Old 7th April 2013, 10:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Did anyone watch body shocking show the guy with piercings in places you shouldn't penis 5 times inc a Prince Albert and one through his mandible which is classed as dangerous (through the root of his mouth from the inside)
Old 8th April 2013, 06:45 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Started watching Portlandia. A sketch show co-written and starring Sleater-Kinney/Wild Flag's Carrie Brownstein and a guy from SNL whose name I forget. Really enjoying it although I think it's pretty much an acquired taste and is probably best liked by people into US indie music and a knowledge of hipsters I suspect.
Old 14th April 2013, 09:21 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Started 'Game of Thrones' Never seen an episode nor do I know the story, usually takes me a while to decide if I like a show or not, two episodes in and I like it.
Old 15th April 2013, 10:03 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
Started 'Game of Thrones' Never seen an episode nor do I know the story, usually takes me a while to decide if I like a show or not, two episodes in and I like it.
It's a good series but by the end of season two I was finding it a bugger to keep track of everything going on, so I've started reading the books now. Hopefully I'll be up to speed by the time season three is out.
Old 15th April 2013, 01:03 PM
Cult Addict

Currently watching a number of things.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg breaking-bad.jpg (97.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg netflix-gets-the-walking-dead-and-more-from-amc-f36a4e04b7.jpg (47.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg thbigo.jpg (46.0 KB, 5 views)

DVD and BD collection
Old 15th April 2013, 04:43 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Currently watching a number of things.
BIG O!! Its showtime!

Great series, the creator worked in the states on the animated batman and it shows! You'll enjoy this (I hope) though it has a bit of a WTF ending!
Old 15th April 2013, 04:47 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Watched the pilot episode of the Equalizer. Its been years since i have seen an episode. The series are expensive enough to buy but i dont think i can resist after being reminded of how great it is.

Like this? Share it using the links below!