Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd September 2016, 11:33 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by anythinggoes78 View Post
Lethal Weapon

Yeah its what i expected from the trailers, originally before i saw the trailer i thought it would be awful, seeing the trailer i though ok maybe this could be half decent, and yeah its half decent, there are some niggles i had with it, and the new Riggs and Murtaugh just cannot match Gibson and Glover, in fact the Murtaugh character seems just a bit too different from the one we loved in the movies, Marlon is just too young IMO, but a decent start, hopefully they can can pull in an interesting story scope to the series.
wayans is actually older than glover was in the first film he was born 1960 so he is 56 while glover was 41( born 46 first weapon 1987) and its Damon not Marlon

no one is going to better glover/Gibson but they could of been a lot worse and it does capture the spirit of the films
anythinggoes78 likes this.
Old 23rd September 2016, 12:29 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
wayans is actually older than glover was in the first film he was born 1960 so he is 56 while glover was 41( born 46 first weapon 1987) and its Damon not Marlon

no one is going to better glover/Gibson but they could of been a lot worse and it does capture the spirit of the films

Wow 56 well give him his dues he looks a lot younger, and I bloody knew it was Damon not Marlon why I wrote that I don't know
Old 24th September 2016, 12:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

MacGyver

well i was expecting this not to be very good but its just dreadful. poor acting mind not that richard dean anderson was a good actor but at least he had some charisma which cant be said for lucas till (best knowing for Havok in the xmen films) even the presence of vinnie jones could not stop me switching it off. Till is just to young and pretty for the role
MacBlayne likes this.

Last edited by trebor8273; 24th September 2016 at 01:38 PM.
Old 26th September 2016, 02:43 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Just watched the first episode of Our Girl (2013) starring Eastenders fave Lacey Turner.

I bought it on a whim when the BBC shop was closing down for £1 and it only came to my attention when this new series began last week.

Turner plays an army medic in Afghanistan and this first episode probably plays out like you'd expect it to. New girl comes in for stick from fellow soldiers but ends up saving a life in battle and gaining respect come the end of the episode. Even though it played out slightly predictable it still proved vastly entertaining and hopefully the rest of the series will dig a little deeper into the lives of British soldiers on the front line.

It's nicely acted, Turner is vulnerable yet believable but the rest of the squad are a little one dimensional as of now, however it's great to see former Misfit Iwan Rheon in another role as the only developed character along with Turner's captain (Ben Aldridge).

Looking forward to part 2 tomorrow (actually this) evening.

Incidentally with a new series currently airing, albeit with another actress in the lead role, the dvd i paid £1 for is now at full price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18A273F2000005DC-3133032-image-a-43_1434847170300.jpg (51.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 26th September 2016, 11:58 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Been bingeing on The Mentalist recently, just started on series 3 but am getting a little tired of it for now - i'll return to it later. Not been that impressed with either Nikita or Alias, so my next 'poll' is -

N3mbers, Dexter or Hawaii Five O?
Old 26th September 2016, 12:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
Been bingeing on The Mentalist recently, just started on series 3 but am getting a little tired of it for now - i'll return to it later. Not been that impressed with either Nikita or Alias, so my next 'poll' is -

i would say Dexter as its the only one i've seen unless its the original Five 0
Deadite likes this.
Old 26th September 2016, 02:29 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadite View Post

The only one of those I have seen is Dexter and thoroughly enjoyed it, with the first half of the show (the last few seasons really go downhill and quality) being top drawer TV.
trebor8273 and Deadite like this.
Old 26th September 2016, 03:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

As it was super-cheap, i went for The Ghost Whisperer instead. Never seen a minute of it and looks suspiciously like Medium to me, but there's nothing wrong with that series, so i took a punt on this one.
Old 27th September 2016, 07:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching some new shows or new season of old shows

Scream queens season 2

Star wars rebels. Season 3.

Looks like this could be the best season yet also thrawn has been introduced so looks like he is now cannon.

The exorcist

Well that was a surprise, slow burning and creepy with great acting especially from Ben daniels asw father Marcus, spoiled by some poor CGI but a lot better than I was expecting and far better than the dreadful Damien from last year which started fine but just got worse with each epiosde . but with it being on Fox and being slow burning and a little cerebral compared to most network shows I'm expecting it to be cancelled. Its never gong to be a in the same league as the original move but if you take it on its own merits even though its different characters and setting and the only real connection to the film is two priests and possession/evil it will be better than most of the moves that followed, if they keep up the quality of the pilot

Last edited by trebor8273; 27th September 2016 at 07:58 PM.
Old 27th September 2016, 09:39 PM
Cult Acolyte

The X Files: Invocation. Scully and Doggett investigate when a child kidnapped ten years ago suddenly reappears in a school playground... completely unaged. This classic episode is a really scary one that keeps the audience guessing and strains Doggett's incredulity practically to breaking point!

Like this? Share it using the links below!