Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th September 2016, 01:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

After watching Micheal C Hall pretend to be Bowie at the Mercurys, I may never watch Dexter again haha. Sheeesh min etc.

Stranger Things. Ooooh I like this, even if I felt they could have stretched it a wee bit more towards the end. Looking forward to 2nd series!
I recommend their Hidden btw as well, a nice wee 3 hander starring Eric Trueblood and the King's Whore haha
MacBlayne likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 29th September 2016, 02:45 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I finished watching the first series of Penny Dreadful last night. The production values are stellar, the integration of various classic Gothic characters (Dorian Gray, Victor Frankenstein and his 'creation', Prof Van Helsing, Mina Harker etc.) works really well and means that, as they develop and ties between them grow stronger, the events become more meaningful and evocative. The way it ends left me wanting more, so I'll look to watch the other two seasons soon.
Old 29th September 2016, 02:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I finished watching the first series of Penny Dreadful last night. The production values are stellar, the integration of various classic Gothic characters (Dorian Gray, Victor Frankenstein and his 'creation', Prof Van Helsing, Mina Harker etc.) works really well and means that, as they develop and ties between them grow stronger, the events become more meaningful and evocative. The way it ends left me wanting more, so I'll look to watch the other two seasons soon.
2nd "ramps it up", 3rd I'm still waiting for. Enjoy this gloomy delight.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 30th September 2016, 06:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just started Luke Cage which I'll be watching over the weekend
J Harker likes this.
Old 1st October 2016, 01:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just finished watching the pilot of The Exorcist TV show, and apart from a phoned in performance by Geena Davis, it's actually quite good. About to watch episode 2 now
MacBlayne and trebor8273 like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st October 2016, 03:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Raven (1977)

Raven, a 15 year old borstal boy is released on probation to live with a professor and his wife who are involved in research of the local Arthurian legend deep in underground caves. Raven discovers the caves are to be used by the government as a nuclear waste dumping ground and a race against time to save the caves and their mysteries begins.

Starring Phil Daniels as Raven and Michael Aldridge and Patsy Rowlands as the professor and his wife, Raven is an intriguing mix of science and the occult as themes weave together. As with much archive television from the era it's quite talky but remains engaging thanks to fine performances and the interwoven supernatural and environmental elements of the script.

With just two episodes of the six to go, having watched four on the bounce last night, Raven is proving a worthwhile purchase from the last Network sale.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7953251med.jpg (45.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 3rd October 2016, 07:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished

season 10 of supernatural.

Episode 2 of the exorcist

Epsiosde 3 season 6 of american horror story

Epiosde 2 of season 3 of star wars rebels

Once I've finished wishmaster going to watch first episode of the new season of ash vs the evil dead
Old 5th October 2016, 10:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

episode 1 of season 3 of the flash.

episode 2 of season 4 of marvels agents of shield

episode 1 of season 2 of ash vs the evil dead, which looks like its going to be just as much fun as the first season and already they have up the gore stakes, and it looks like we will find out what happened to Ash after the events of the movie with him returning to his home town. also watch out for Lee Majors in an important role

finished Luke Cage, which is just as enjoyable as the rest of the netflix marvel shows, those expecting wham bang none stop action like the moves will be disappointed, this just like the other shows is slower paced building up the characters etc, on the whole the acting is good especially alfre woodard.

Last edited by trebor8273; 5th October 2016 at 10:20 PM.
Old 5th October 2016, 10:26 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
episode 1 of season 3 of the flash.

episode 2 of season 4 of marvels agents of shield
Is The Flash a decent series, Treb?

I was a little underwhelmed with him in Arrow.
Old 5th October 2016, 10:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Is The Flash a decent series, Treb?

I was a little underwhelmed with him in Arrow.
yes, it got better with each season and the last season was a lot better than the last season of arrow was.

Like this? Share it using the links below!