Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

Wes 12th November 2011 09:13 PM

I seem to be watching a lot more TV than DVD these days, down to laziness more than anything else... Enjoying The Walking Dead Season 2, even though the characters just don't engage - even if you didn't dig Lost, it scored big on well-rounded characters - I just don't get that with Walking Dead - still, the zombies are great, real maggotty, crumbling epics...

BBC4 continues its great seaon of Friday night music films and last Friday night, showed Cameron Crowe's Pearl Jam Twenty doc. I know all of two Pearl Jam songs but it was still great... Recording Scorsese's George Harrison documentry as I write this...

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th November 2011 10:23 PM

Damn! Forgot about the Pearl Jam doc. Thats annoying. Will have to look out for it on repeat.

antmumford 13th November 2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 197243)
I seem to be watching a lot more TV than DVD these days, down to laziness more than anything else... Enjoying The Walking Dead Season 2, even though the characters just don't engage - even if you didn't dig Lost, it scored big on well-rounded characters - I just don't get that with Walking Dead - still, the zombies are great, real maggotty, crumbling epics...

BBC4 continues its great seaon of Friday night music films and last Friday night, showed Cameron Crowe's Pearl Jam Twenty doc. I know all of two Pearl Jam songs but it was still great... Recording Scorsese's George Harrison documentry as I write this...

I recorded that Pearl Jam, would never have known about it until I saw the Blu in my local HMV. Shame I've missed the Harrison one though, Kellys making me watch Vertical Limit :(

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Baseball Fury 13th November 2011 01:23 AM

PJ20 is a great doc.

I've been watching Braquo on FX and it's brilliant. Ultra violent french police show on the style of Nypd blue, but with a ton more brutality and cool Frenchmen.

Make Them Die Slowly 13th November 2011 09:04 AM

I too really enjoyed the Pearl Jam doc though I've no love of their music. Better for me was seeing Bob Mould's post Husker Du outfit, Sugar, on the programme after.

Baseball Fury 13th November 2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 197316)
I too really enjoyed the Pearl Jam doc though I've no love of their music. Better for me was seeing Bob Mould's post Husker Du outfit, Sugar, on the programme after.

I've recorded the show, but haven't watched it yet.what Dinosaur Jr song did they play?

Demoncrat 15th November 2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehamish (Post 196859)
Teenage Vampires (C4, sunday) if this is anything like that last one they had on about blood suckers, should be a hoot.

new series of Mongrels started last week, should still have the "undead" 2nd ep up on iplayer, cheeky and apparently done for Halloween, which means it was held back for some reason! hmm.

the Vampire thing, sheesh i despair and blame Stephanie Meyer 100%.

currently enjoying The Slap on BBC4, mate raved about the book, so i gave it a go...as a non breeder, im digging this take on the thin veneer of social niceties....though some of the characters are very broadly written (this could be the adapter's fault admittedly)

Wes 15th November 2011 10:54 AM

I just wanted to plug this Friday's (18th) BBC4 Music night - Motor City's Burning: Detroit from Motown to the Stooges

1 hour Documentary looking at how Detroit became home to a musical revolution that captured the sound of a nation in upheaval. In the early 60s, Motown transcended Detroit's inner city to take black music to a white audience, whilst in the late 60s suburban kids like the MC5 and the Stooges descended into the black inner city to create revolutionary rock expressing the rage of young white America. With contributions from Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper, George Clinton, Martha Reeves, John Sinclair and the MC5.

I'm not a Motown fan, but I do like Funkadelic and The Stooges, so I'll be tuning in to this...

Demoncrat 15th November 2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 197779)
I just wanted to plug this Friday's (18th) BBC4 Music night - Motor City's Burning: Detroit from Motown to the Stooges

1 hour Documentary looking at how Detroit became home to a musical revolution that captured the sound of a nation in upheaval. In the early 60s, Motown transcended Detroit's inner city to take black music to a white audience, whilst in the late 60s suburban kids like the MC5 and the Stooges descended into the black inner city to create revolutionary rock expressing the rage of young white America. With contributions from Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper, George Clinton, Martha Reeves, John Sinclair and the MC5.

I'm not a Motown fan, but I do like Funkadelic and The Stooges, so I'll be tuning in to this...

good doc. one of the few repeats i dont mind from the bbc:nod:

antmumford 15th November 2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehamish (Post 197778)
the Vampire thing, sheesh i despair and blame Stephanie Meyer 100%.

currently enjoying The Slap on BBC4, mate raved about the book, so i gave it a go...as a non breeder, im digging this take on the thin veneer of social niceties....though some of the characters are very broadly written (this could be the adapter's fault admittedly)

Yeah I've been watching The Slap too, very tense and well acted. The slapper guy is a right A Hole. At first I was leaning more on his side but after the kitchen scene with his wife, he deserves everything he gets.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.