Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd May 2017, 12:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I wouldn't even if I could. I'm not entirely sure what happened.
Rik, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 23rd May 2017, 01:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post

Me neither
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd May 2017, 02:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
So typical Lynch/Twin peaks then, leaving you scratching your head.
Old 23rd May 2017, 02:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
So typical Lynch/Twin peaks then, leaving you scratching your head.

I scratched so hard I drew blood
Justin101, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd May 2017, 02:13 PM
Cult Veteran

The end of Part 2 things start falling into place, but don't expect the first 45 minutes (when the first advert break comes on) to give you any answers!

Highlight of the first part is the apartment complex neighbour (you'll know her the second she comes on screen) - she's a textbook Lynchian character!
Rik, keirarts, trebor8273 and 1 others like this.

Old 23rd May 2017, 09:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished season one of Tokyo Ghoul, now more anime with Black Lagoon.
keirarts likes this.
Old 24th May 2017, 12:50 PM
Cult Addict

Twin peaks episode 1 & 2

SPOILER WARNING (no, seriously )

Ok, finally watched the first two episodes, put together to form one long two hour (almost) epic. Given that series 2 ended on the biggest down note possible, with Agent cooper seemingly posessed by Bob, it was hard to imagine this series opening with the traditional 'quirkiness' that marked the first few seasons. Given this coffee and cherry pie enfused tribute to small town America was the main draw for a lot of people this could end up being an issue for some. Its worth considering then that this was mainly the surface layer of the story and as with Blue velvet, once you dig deeper there is genuine darkness to be found. These first two episodes operate more like Fire, walk with me in that they strip away the veneer of normaility and civilisation and expose the darkness and the weirdness lurking beneath like a gaping wound.
Twin peaks itself is suggested to be business as normal, as much as we see of it anyway. the main focus of theses two opening episodes is to catch up with Agent cooper, who posessed by Bob is out in the world causing untold mayhem. We discover Cooper appears to be running some criminal enterprise with various lowlifes. He's also somehow linked to agent Phillip Jefferies (Bowies character from FWWM), its also mentioned that he's 'visited' Major Garland Briggs which suggests this character is no more. However someone seems to have replaced Jefferies and this mystery person may be connected to a mysterious syndicate in Las Vegas as well as a Bizarre scientific expermient in New York city connected in some way to the Black Lodge.
cooper also may be responsible for a brutal, almost ritulistic killing of a small town librarian. Her head left decapitated next to some unidentified body like some kind of ghastly jigsaw puzzle. The killing is pinned on a local high school prinicipal whose prints are all over the scene. The theme of things beneath the surface is also explored here with this seemingly happy middle class marriage that disintergrates through infedelity and hatred. The jail scene between the couple cements the notion that things are never quite what they seem. The show isn't all grimm dark however. There is a genuinely hysterical scene of two cops looking for an apartment key when called out to a possible death thats comparable to the hit man scene in Mulholland drive for seemingly simple and mundane tasks becoming frustratingly complicated.
Overall its a case of 'so far, so good'.
Rik, Justin101, trebor8273 and 1 others like this.
Old 24th May 2017, 02:21 PM
Cult Veteran

Some of you might enjoy this little video posted on the BFI YouTube channel, you can literally tick off all these tropes in the two-parter of Twin Peaks we're all talking about.

Old 25th May 2017, 04:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Can you all please use the TP thread for updates? Not all of us have Sky etc ta.

Count Arthur Strong III.
Of to a good start as our hapless hero ends up "exorcising" a mutual friends home.
Cue one very cheeky sight gag later cough.

Slightly madder than the last two series in tone, hopefully this bodes well for the rest of the series!! Next on Friday BBC1 20.30.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 25th May 2017 at 04:56 PM.
Old 25th May 2017, 04:43 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Can you all please use the TP thread for updates? Not all of us have Sky etc ta.

Like this? Share it using the links below!