Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th May 2017, 09:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched the first two episodes of Blake's 7, which I've always enjoyed with its dark dystopian future and interesting characters the only thing I never liked was Blake himself who just came across as unlikable prick, give me Avon any day over that annoying twat!

He's supposed to be a leader of men, but with his attitude etc I couldn't see him leading a piss up in a brewery.
keirarts likes this.
Old 27th May 2017, 07:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Blakes 7

Season 1. Episode 3

Archer

Season 1

Black lagoon

Season 2

Twin peaks

Season 3 episodes 1 and 2

Tried watching kill la oil, but gave up after first episode.
keirarts and bleakshaun like this.
Old 28th May 2017, 01:46 AM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Jean Claude Van Johnson

JCVD plays himself in this tv show but unknown to the public he is also a secret agent using his film locations as cover for spying activities.

JCVD acts his socks of in this as he struggles with aging, being mistaken for other has been actors and trying to do the splits. It moves along at a fast pace, sending up JCVD and low budget action films along the way. Worth a look.
Old 29th May 2017, 11:37 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Jean Claude Van Johnson

JCVD plays himself in this tv show but unknown to the public he is also a secret agent using his film locations as cover for spying activities.

JCVD acts his socks of in this as he struggles with aging, being mistaken for other has been actors and trying to do the splits. It moves along at a fast pace, sending up JCVD and low budget action films along the way. Worth a look.
Watched the pilots for this and The Tick, both made me laugh uproariously.
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 29th May 2017, 12:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finally finished Iron fist, which was a chore to watch not a patch on the other marvel Netflix show which is largely down to the writing and the actor playing Danny Rand (iron fist) who comes across as monumentally stupid and a moron who can't control his temper,which is basically the complete opposite of the character, most of the other characters are vastly more interesting. Let's hope this is a one of and its back to the usual high standard for the defenders.
Old 29th May 2017, 08:21 PM
Ex-member

House of Lies(Season 2, first 4 episodes)
keirarts likes this.
Old 29th May 2017, 10:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Twin Peaks Season 3 Episode 3

Another great episode, and like the previous 2, I don't have a clue what's going on

Gonna watch Episode 4 now
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 30th May 2017, 11:04 AM
Cultist

I have been watching Person Of Interest, now up to Season 4 mid point. I had seen it recommended on here, and it is compulsive. I like how it has evolved from the episodic format of the first couple of seasons into the continuing story/ elliptical plotting of the third and forth seasons. Good characters, nice twists and great graphics with nice perspective from the Machine/ Samaritan POV.There are some occasional jarring changes of tone, and suspension of disbelief IS required, but the pace is generally quick enough to overcome this. I endorse all recommendations made here! (Oh, and Zoe Morgan (Paige Turco) - )
Old 30th May 2017, 02:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

American Gods Episode 5.

Another great episode but the highlight had to be Gillian Anderson as Marilyn Monroe and David Bowie( or more precisely Ziggy Stardust) is ****ing awsome! also Crispin Glover makes an apperence
Old 31st May 2017, 01:41 AM
Ex-member

Big Little Lies
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!