Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th August 2017, 12:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Yeah, looking forward to this big time.
all the reviews say its starts slow but gets better as it goes on, but thats basically been the same for all the shows

watching first episode now.
Old 18th August 2017, 12:15 PM
Ex-member

Anyone seen this yet?

Any good?
Old 18th August 2017, 12:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Anyone seen this yet?

Any good?
watched the first few and quite enjoyed it, think a mix of death race/mad max with a little bit a dredd.

if want something with grindhouse feel and disengage your brain there is fun to be had, its not going to be a classic but there are far worse shows out their.
Old 18th August 2017, 04:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Not so much as watch

Gillian Anderson bloodied and brusied in new X-Files scene | Daily Mail Online
SilverSurfer likes this.
Old 18th August 2017, 07:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

Just watched the first episode of BLOOD DRIVE.
WTF? Ha ha that was awesome. So much going on. Tons of blood.
Going to carry on with this one.

Great fun.
Old 18th August 2017, 08:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Just watched the first episode of BLOOD DRIVE.

WTF? Ha ha that was awesome. So much going on. Tons of blood.

Going to carry on with this one.

Great fun.

My other half texted me last night while I was at band practice saying she'd watched the first episode, her words were "It's a bit weird, you'll love it"
Gotta catch up on Twin Peaks and Vikings before I check it out myself, but it did look good from the adverts I keep seeing
SilverSurfer likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 19th August 2017, 09:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just finished Banshee Series 4.
After the absolute mayhem of the previous 3 ... it goes out with not quite the bang I had anticipated.
Still recommended but twas a shade too formulaic for me ...

C'est la vie ....
Justin101 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 20th August 2017, 10:29 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Over the past few weeks I've watched the three series of The Royle Family, a show which I thought would have aged quite badly, but I was surprised that it hasn't and, even though the shows they watch during the episodes are (mostly) no longer aired, mobile phones have come a long way and such things as the Ali G impressions are dated, the humour and warmth is there in abundance. It's a testament to the writing by Caroline Aherne and Craig Cash that the observational comedy is so spot on and several people I've spoken to know families like that or, to their embarrassment and horror, are even part of them!

The ensemble cast is absolutely brilliant, including Aherne and Cash, but with Ricky Tomlinson wonderful as the patriarch and Sue Johnson as his long-suffering, but very loving, wife. It's quite funny to see Sheridan Smith, who is now a highly respected stage actress, in the small role of Antony's girlfriend, Emma, who is the subject of humour because none of those in the titular family quite understand her vegetarianism, thinking it's fine to serve her (and her family) turkey sandwiches because they can remove the filling!

There are so many wonderful moments throughout the three series including Jim and Twiggy stripping wallpaper, with one using a fish slice, to Mambo No. 5, Nana explaining how she doesn't drink apart from a bottle of stout every night, sherry at Christmas, Whisky at Christmas, and champagne at weddings, and the "Oooh" responses to seemingly mundane information, such as someone having steak and kidney pie for dinner and the fact it was shop bought not home-made.

I'd forgotten what an endearing show it is and am very glad I picked up the three series, plus the Queen of Sheba special which I'll watch tonight, for a total of £3.98 from Music Magpie.
Old 20th August 2017, 01:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished Defenders, a nice return to form after the disappointing Iron fist. The characters play well of each other and the story keeps you watching. Iron fist is not quite as annoying but you still want to give him a good smack sometimes and the actor still has personality of a plank of wood and is the weakest actor of the lot.

Sigourney Weaver was great in her role. like the other shows its a slow burner and focus on characters. i think it benefits from being only 8 episodes compared to the usual 13, mind people are complaining about it only being 8 episodes(as usual a lot of those who complain are the same lot the moaned the the others shows are too long!)

order i would rate the shows

daredevil season 2
Jessica jones
daredevil
defenders
luke cage
iron fist
Demoncrat and Dave Boy like this.

Last edited by trebor8273; 20th August 2017 at 02:25 PM.
Old 20th August 2017, 01:44 PM
Ex-member

Been watching some old episodes of Tales of the Unexpected.

Like this? Share it using the links below!