Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th September 2017, 09:31 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Been hipped to the fact that Supernatural Series 6 is a tad Lovecrafty
And the people I dogsat to had a lot of that....so I've borrowed it.
Expect some reviews shortly .... good or bad ... whatever. I've sat through Die Monster Die a few times .... can't be worse than that
I bought the first season a little while back but haven't had the time to get started on it yet. It's up to season 12 so it must be pretty good, surely...?
keirarts likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 7th September 2017, 09:32 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I bought the first season a little while back but haven't had the time to get started on it yet. It's up to season 12 so it must be pretty good, surely...?
It is. I'm up to season 7. I buy and watch a season every so often.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 7th September 2017, 07:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Il only watch this one .... I can't really afford to get hooked again honest guvnor
Though knowing me .....
Justin101 and keirarts like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 7th September 2017, 09:23 PM
Cult Addict

Luther... addictive trash of a high order. Everything about it is wildly over the top yet somehow played out in a serious, downbeat way. I really liked the first few episodes when cast members spend more time sounding like forensic psychology books, barking out chunks of text rather than normal speech patterns at each other. Cannibals, vampires, homicidal gamers, and cop killers are just a few of the criminals who Luther faces while everyone around him dies. Worth watching alone for the ever excellent Stephen Macintosh, one of my favourite TV actors, who is the greatest "weak man" actor going.
Old 7th September 2017, 09:28 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Luther... addictive trash of a high order. Everything about it is wildly over the top yet somehow played out in a serious, downbeat way. I really liked the first few episodes when cast members spend more time sounding like forensic psychology books, barking out chunks of text rather than normal speech patterns at each other. Cannibals, vampires, homicidal gamers, and cop killers are just a few of the criminals who Luther faces while everyone around him dies. Worth watching alone for the ever excellent Stephen Macintosh, one of my favourite TV actors, who is the greatest "weak man" actor going.
I love Luther, Idris Elba seems to be straight out of The Sweeney rather than a charming PC, er' copper and Ruth Wilson's Alice is a fantastic Moriarty.
Old 7th September 2017, 09:37 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I love Luther, Idris Elba seems to be straight out of The Sweeney rather than a charming PC, er' copper and Ruth Wilson's Alice is a fantastic Moriarty.
Elba makes good use of his size and has a great "hard man" swagger in it. Alice feels like she has been beamed in from some twisted film noir, full of pouting homicidal thrills. It is a very enjoyable series.
keirarts likes this.
Old 7th September 2017, 09:42 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Elba makes good use of his size and has a great "hard man" swagger in it. Alice feels like she has been beamed in from some twisted film noir, full of pouting homicidal thrills. It is a very enjoyable series.
Sadly there just isn't enough of it.
Old 7th September 2017, 09:57 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Sadly there just isn't enough of it.
Is there another series coming at some point? Idris Elbas success in movieland must impact it. Love Luther.
Old 7th September 2017, 09:57 PM
Cult Addict

I am also binging on "Toast of London" at the moment, spectacular stupidity from Matt Berry. The one with the Bruce Forsyth surgical accident is on a warped level of genius few reach.
Old 7th September 2017, 10:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Is there another series coming at some point? Idris Elbas success in movieland must impact it. Love Luther.
Funny you should mention it, yes.

There will be another series (4 episodes). It will be filmed next year possibly for a Christmas release like the last er' series...all two episodes of it.

Luther series 5 CONFIRMED | Idris Elba returns for four new episodes of the BBC drama with filming to begin in 2018 - Radio Times

Like this? Share it using the links below!