Old 23rd September 2017, 06:36 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Noted. Do recommend the animated ones btw. American Maid
I think the most absurd character is The Carpeted Man, who the other 'superheroes' think is ridiculous.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 23rd September 2017, 06:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I'd never heard of the character until I watched the shows so I can't say.
It used to be on BBC2 .... after they stopped showing Ren & Stimpy they had a void that needed filling. Cue Tick
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 23rd September 2017, 07:16 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
It used to be on BBC2 .... after they stopped showing Ren & Stimpy they had a void that needed filling. Cue Tick
Those were the golden days of TV. It was when Eurotrash was the only window into the world of the weird, Father Ted was brand-new, The Simpsons had yet to hit its stride, Beavis & Butt-head made music fun, and Have I Got News For You and Rory Bremner were the only shows with political satire.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 23rd September 2017, 08:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Found this on Netflix so with liking both Ted Danson and Kristen Bell decided to give it a go, anyone seen it?
keirarts likes this.
Old 23rd September 2017, 08:54 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Found this on Netflix so with liking both Ted Danson and Kristen Bell decided to give it a go, anyone seen it?

I read the synopsis and even though I love Kristen Bell I wasn’t convinced. Give us your opinions if you give it a try though.
keirarts likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 23rd September 2017, 09:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I read the synopsis and even though I love Kristen Bell I wasn’t convinced. Give us your opinions if you give it a try though.
Watched the pilot and enjoyed it but think it will take a few more episodes to make up my mind, it's quite surreal in places but had to see how they can got more than one season out of the idea
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 24th September 2017, 01:39 AM
Cult Addict

Stag.
Bloody brilliant. Um have you heard of it?
I hadn't. Three part BBC series currently on Netflix.
I'll write a better review tomorrow, when I'm sober. And it's not 2.40 in the morning.

Last edited by J Harker; 24th September 2017 at 07:33 AM.
Old 24th September 2017, 06:28 PM
Cult Addict

So I was just having a little browse on Netflix last night not necessarily looking to watch anything but just see of anything new was of interest. I came across this

A rain soaked Ian arrives at a pub in the Scottish Highlands for his future brother in laws stag do. The brother in law and his mates are an odd assortment of man-children with more money than sense and Geography teacher Ian is clearly out of his depth. Following a night of boozing after which the group leave Ian to foot the bill the local gamekeeper drives the gang out into the remote wilds for a weekend of hunting.
Unable to cross a heavily flooded road and pissed off with the group's drunken antics the gamekeeper ditches them in the arse end of nowhere. Still somewhat innebriated they decide to make their way into woods and set up camp for the night only to soon find its they that are being hunted when one of their number is taken out by a harpoon. From the get go Stag is brilliantly written and acted although it has to be said it does feel its taken its cue from Christopher Smith's superb Severance. Fortunately it throws in enough of its own originality with a decent twisting plot. Some amusing characters and character development and a quirky line in surreal British humour. Highly recommended.

Last edited by J Harker; 24th September 2017 at 07:36 PM.
Old 24th September 2017, 08:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Starting season 7 of American Horror Story.
Demoncrat, keirarts and bleakshaun like this.
Old 24th September 2017, 10:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Episode 3 of The Orville, the show has gotten better with each episode and really is more of a homage to TNG and TOS than a spoof as this episode proves as it's a very "Trek" type story which involves one the crew men who had a child last episode wanting to have a sex change preformed on the child as the planet they come from everyone is male and it's all done in a very Trek way

From watching the latest trailer of Discovery I can see it being good sci-fi but maybe not good star trek , if you are looking form that I would give Orville a try.

Like this? Share it using the links below!