All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd February 2018, 12:51 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I finished watching the first series of Marvel's Iron Fist which I enjoyed despite, or possibly due to, it's slow building, origins nature and character (rather than action sequence) focus. I hope a second series follows and delivers on the multiple threads from this series, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, The Punisher and others in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I began watching the Hammer House of Horror Blu-ray box set a couple of nights ago and was amazed at how good it looks and sounds. The picture restoration is superb and it's been so long since I have watched the series that I have completely forgotten how the episodes unfold – it's like watching it for the first time! The order is completely different to the DVD release (I don't know why they initially didn't have it in broadcast order, this is probably something else which makes it feel fresh) and I'll continue watching it this evening.
Old 2nd February 2018, 01:06 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post

I began watching the Hammer House of Horror Blu-ray box set a couple of nights ago and was amazed at how good it looks and sounds. The picture restoration is superb and it's been so long since I have watched the series that I have completely forgotten how the episodes unfold – it's like watching it for the first time! The order is completely different to the DVD release (I don't know why they initially didn't have it in broadcast order, this is probably something else which makes it feel fresh) and I'll continue watching it this evening.
My favs amongst others were.

The House that Bled to Death

Rude Awakening (A bit risque for tv at the time I thought) but still good though.

and let us not forget

The Silent Scream with Peter Cushing.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 2nd February 2018, 01:15 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
My favs amongst others were.

The House that Bled to Death

Rude Awakening (A bit risque for tv at the time I thought) but still good though.

and let us not forget

The Silent Scream with Peter Cushing.
The House that Bled to Death is, interestingly enough, the next one to watch. I've looked at the description and can't remember it!

Rude Awakening is really interesting in its portrayal of someone undergoing a mental breakdown, or are they?
Old 2nd February 2018, 01:22 PM
Ex-member

If you do not know look out for Lennard Pearce (Grandad in Only Fools and Horses) in Witching Time

Pierce Brosnan ( 1980 the same year he was in The Long Good Friday) in Carpathian Eagle
Old 2nd February 2018, 07:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched the first episode of altered carbon which I enjoyed slow paced (in a good way) and visually stunning. With the whole thing that when people die there consciousness is placed in a new body, the main actors better behave themselves as they can easily be replaced. 8/10
Old 4th February 2018, 12:08 AM
Cult Master

Watched the first episode of Altered Carbon an Netflix while It was visually ppleassomething felt cheap about it. The main character is terrible so far a few times he tried to drop a few one liners that really just didn't work at all. A few of the other main characters are less than impressive but I will watch a few more episodes before giving a real verdict but so far off to a disappointing start.
trebor8273 and bleakshaun like this.
Old 4th February 2018, 06:32 AM
Cult Acolyte

Got Jekyll and Hyde series 1 from the library today, ITV from 2015. Never even heard of it before. 1st episode was okay, I'll see how it goes.
Old 4th February 2018, 07:25 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Watched the first episode of Altered Carbon an Netflix while It was visually ppleassomething felt cheap about it. The main character is terrible so far a few times he tried to drop a few one liners that really just didn't work at all. A few of the other main characters are less than impressive but I will watch a few more episodes before giving a real verdict but so far off to a disappointing start.
Have agree about the main character, just something off with him don't know if it's the actor or how he's written , his character before he died was a lot better/ interesting.

Found James Purefoy to be good one of the better characters and really like the "hotel".

But on the whole as said enjoyed it and with anyluck it will improve.

Edit

Just looked at what else the main character was in and he played colonel Flag suicide in squad and he was poor in that, so it might be the actor at fault and if he is, it's easy enough to replace him in this show!
Old 4th February 2018, 10:57 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Got Jekyll and Hyde series 1 from the library today, ITV from 2015. Never even heard of it before. 1st episode was okay, I'll see how it goes.
I'd be interested to know what your verdict is Ian.

I started watching it when it was transmitted but soon gave up due to adverts.
Old 4th February 2018, 03:22 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I

Have agree about the main character, just something off with him don't know if it's the actor or how he's written , his character before he died was a lot better/ interesting.

Found James Purefoy to be good one of the better characters and really like the "hotel".

But on the whole as said enjoyed it and with anyluck it will improve.

Edit

Just looked at what else the main character was in and he played colonel Flag suicide in squad and he was poor in that, so it might be the actor at fault and if he is, it's easy enough to replace him in this show!
I knew I recognised him yeah just a bad actor poor casting then such a shame.
trebor8273 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!