Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd May 2018, 07:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Wet Hot American Summer.
A reconfiguration of all the main themes from the film with a side order of Brokovich chucked in. Garufalo, Rudd, Cooper, Poeler ... all that lot making fun of our sacred summer camp ... hope they all get slaughtered ....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd May 2018, 11:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Not so much as what I've seen just thought I give a bit of a heads up on some of the films on the firestick

Generaly I watch stuff I've recorded of sky , or Netflix but for I change I decided to browse the firestick and there some cracking films on there if you delve into it

Loads of old stuff, cheese , cult , classics etc
But my next watch is raiders of Atlantis aka Atlantis interceptors
Loads of westerns westerns Django, man called invincible, moment to kill
Documentary on 100 years of horror
Eye in the labyrinth
Knife for the ladies
Night child
Quite a few Fulci films
Fair few troma
Ferdinando Di leo. Poliziottecco crime trilogy
Violent Naples
Kill
Cop killers
Dearth weekend
Loads of b\w sci fi
Pussy kills
Bonnie's kids

Are just some of the stuff I put into my favs to watch
Demoncrat and trebor8273 like this.

Last edited by gag; 3rd May 2018 at 11:46 PM.
Old 6th May 2018, 06:47 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default extra

For some reason, I've been rewatching a lot of Ricky Gervais tv stuff, Extra's gets better with every re-watch, with Steve Merchant and Barry from Eastenders stealing the show.....Although Robert Lindsay throwing a pillow at a sick child and then telling him to f**k off is pretty high on my greatest scenes ever...

Quote:
I didn't think I had to make a list of things you shouldn't do at work, one of them Tossing off over a pen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg extra1.jpg (61.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-2018-05-06-19h40m03s983.jpg (18.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (86.5 KB, 5 views)

Old 7th May 2018, 05:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Master Blackmailer (1992)
Jeremy Brett shouts a lot in pursuit of a scheming toerag of the highest order. He seeks him here ... etc. Lavish with the period detail ... though is that a modern street sign I see?
Lestrade bumbles along behind .... Since I recognise the voice of said scribe ... there's nae much suspense . Now I'm just waiting for them to appear ... Oooh Colin Jeavons!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th May 2018, 04:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watching ancient aliens it's comedy gold, how they keep straight faces when they are spewing their bullshit is beyond me, if we are to believe them the human race couldn't wipe its own arse without alien help. Don't get me wrong I believe in aliens but 99% of whats said on the show is bull crap!
Old 8th May 2018, 05:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Mate's obssessed with that show ... for the same reason

Finally watching 2nd series of Humans. Liking.
trebor8273 likes this.

[B]
Old 8th May 2018, 06:22 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've recently been watching the ninth season of The Big Bang Theory, a show which hit its peak several seasons ago before Penny and Leonard got together when Raj couldn't talk to women, but it's still intermittently funny and a very easy watch while unwinding at night before going to sleep. I'm actually surprised at how much I've enjoyed it, so I have ordered the tenth season. After that, I've got the 11th season on recorded on my V6 box. You

I forgot to mention this before, but I finished the entire Columbo boxset. Watching it in a short period of time made me realise how long that show ran for with the main reason I could tell being technology. In the first season, there were only landline phones, computers didn't exist in any form which a police detective would use as a database but, by the end, you'd going through the days of carphones and into flip phones, past CRT televisions and to a point where people have laptops and large flatscreen TVs.

It's highly enjoyable and I recommend the site to anyone who likes police procedural dramas and would like a change from a 'whodunnit' to spend 90 minutes watching a 'howcatchem'.
Old 8th May 2018, 07:23 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I've recently been watching the ninth season of The Big Bang Theory, a show which hit its peak several seasons ago before Penny and Leonard got together when Raj couldn't talk to women, but it's still intermittently funny and a very easy watch while unwinding at night before going to sleep. I'm actually surprised at how much I've enjoyed it, so I have ordered the tenth season. After that, I've got the 11th season on recorded on my V6 box.
I'm pretty sure it was season nine where I stopped watching, I used to enjoy every episode up until that point and then the laughs got less frequent and I just stopped watching it!
trebor8273 likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 9th May 2018, 04:21 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'm pretty sure it was season nine where I stopped watching, I used to enjoy every episode up until that point and then the laughs got less frequent and I just stopped watching it!
I don't think I've seen the 10th season and I'm prepared to be disappointed by the overall quality, but it'll probably still be an unchallenging way to end the day and prepare my brain for sleep in a way that 24, Vinyl, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and most of the other TV shows on my watchlist won't!
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 9th May 2018, 11:01 PM
Cult Master

Wonder Woman

Wonder Wooooooooooooooooooooman

Season 1

Like this? Share it using the links below!