Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th May 2018, 08:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching the old 70s series Mind Your Language, Barry Evans player Jeremy Brown who is trying to teach English language to Italian Giovanni who likes to cookada food. German AU Pair Anna who doesn't seem to smile. Spanish Juan who only knows or speaks "Pov Avour". Greek Max who is somewhat easily led astray guy. Indian Ranjeet who gives out a thousand apologies. Pakistan Ali who argues with Ranjeet. Japan Taro who always bows before he speaks. Chinese Su-Lee who follows the writing of Chairman Mau, Turkish Jamila who can't even speak and French Bombshell Danielle who the guys try to organise a diplomatic relationship with her. This is classic 70s comedy but only ran for three seasons as it was somewhat poking fun at the nationalities the actors were playing.
Old 16th May 2018, 07:23 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Been watching the old 70s series Mind Your Language, Barry Evans player Jeremy Brown who is trying to teach English language to Italian Giovanni who likes to cookada food. German AU Pair Anna who doesn't seem to smile. Spanish Juan who only knows or speaks "Pov Avour". Greek Max who is somewhat easily led astray guy. Indian Ranjeet who gives out a thousand apologies. Pakistan Ali who argues with Ranjeet. Japan Taro who always bows before he speaks. Chinese Su-Lee who follows the writing of Chairman Mau, Turkish Jamila who can't even speak and French Bombshell Danielle who the guys try to organise a diplomatic relationship with her. This is classic 70s comedy but only ran for three seasons as it was somewhat poking fun at the nationalities the actors were playing.
Great series I watched all this last year, PC has ruined TV and shows like this and mind your language probably will never get shown on TV again.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 16th May 2018, 07:28 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Not so much as seen but fox cancelling shows

https://www.horrorsociety.com/2018/0...t-and-lucifer/

FOX continues to take the ax to its original horror programming. It was announced yesterday that the network has cancelled “Lucifer” after three seasons and “The Exorcist” after two seasons.

I’m shocked that FOX cancelled “Lucifer,” because it’s one of their most watched shows at the moment. While viewership has dipped since its debut season, the Satan walking on Earth series averaged 3,655,000 live viewers in season two and has averaged 3,294,000 live viewers heading into last night’s big finale. Factor in DVR viewers and “Lucifer” was seeing well over 4,000,000 viewers per episode. Something must have been going on behind-the-scenes because the show was doing well and was literally one season away from syndication, which would have been a big pay day for FOX. I wonder what happened there.

And it’s no surprise that “The Exorcist” was cancelled by FOX. Season one saw an average of 1,914,000 live viewers per episode, and season two dropped down to an average of 1,318,000 live viewers per episode. Factor in DVR viewers and “The Exorcist” was still barely scraping 2,000,000 viewers per episode. FOX already took a gamble bringing the kin series to the original movie back for a second season, and the gamble didn’t pay off at all. Fans of “The Exorcist” should be happy that the network continued with another abbreviated season in the first place, and scramble to Best Buy for the Blu-ray to add to their living room shelves.

I wonder if any new horror related shows will pop up in FOX’s line-up this Fall. Only time will tell
Old 16th May 2018, 12:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Not so much as seen but fox cancelling shows

https://www.horrorsociety.com/2018/0...t-and-lucifer/

FOX continues to take the ax to its original horror programming. It was announced yesterday that the network has cancelled “Lucifer” after three seasons and “The Exorcist” after two seasons.

I’m shocked that FOX cancelled “Lucifer,” because it’s one of their most watched shows at the moment. While viewership has dipped since its debut season, the Satan walking on Earth series averaged 3,655,000 live viewers in season two and has averaged 3,294,000 live viewers heading into last night’s big finale. Factor in DVR viewers and “Lucifer” was seeing well over 4,000,000 viewers per episode. Something must have been going on behind-the-scenes because the show was doing well and was literally one season away from syndication, which would have been a big pay day for FOX. I wonder what happened there.

And it’s no surprise that “The Exorcist” was cancelled by FOX. Season one saw an average of 1,914,000 live viewers per episode, and season two dropped down to an average of 1,318,000 live viewers per episode. Factor in DVR viewers and “The Exorcist” was still barely scraping 2,000,000 viewers per episode. FOX already took a gamble bringing the kin series to the original movie back for a second season, and the gamble didn’t pay off at all. Fans of “The Exorcist” should be happy that the network continued with another abbreviated season in the first place, and scramble to Best Buy for the Blu-ray to add to their living room shelves.

I wonder if any new horror related shows will pop up in FOX’s line-up this Fall. Only time will tell
don't why they have classed Lucief as horror, its a police procedural show with some supernatural elements, its ok but is an insult to the source material. also it ended on a pretty big cliff hanger.

exorcist was excellent. while not quite up there with original movies its miles better than the sequels.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 18th May 2018, 11:32 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I watched the first season of Santa Clarita Diet earlier this week. It's a show with a great premise and works because of the smart writing, the good performances by Drew Barrymore, Timothy Olyphant, Liv Hewson and Skyler Gisondo, and (as you should expect) very good practical effects for the body parts. If you have Netflix, it's something I highly recommend and the second season is something I am looking forward to watching.

I only have until the end of the month to watch as many shows on Now TV as possible, so I started watching Westworld last night and saw the first three episodes. I'm impressed so far because the slow burning story is really interesting and thought-provoking, the production values are clear to see and it's a brilliant cast, all aspects I associate with HBO dramas. I don't know if I'll have time to finish the second season, so that might be something to catch up on when I next have a month's pass to the entertainment package.
Old 18th May 2018, 02:14 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I watched the first season of Santa Clarita Diet earlier this week. It's a show with a great premise and works because of the smart writing, the good performances by Drew Barrymore, Timothy Olyphant, Liv Hewson and Skyler Gisondo, and (as you should expect) very good practical effects for the body parts. If you have Netflix, it's something I highly recommend and the second season is something I am looking forward to watching.
I recently watched this on Netflix too and thought it was pretty good.
Old 18th May 2018, 03:32 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I recently watched this on Netflix too and thought it was pretty good.
Did you watch both seasons? I've been told the second season is better than the first.
Old 18th May 2018, 04:38 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Did you watch both seasons? I've been told the second season is better than the first.
Yes, I enjoyed the second season more than the first - the characters seem more 'established' in their respective roles. It ends on a bit of a cliffhanger too so I hope season 3 is in the works / will be available soon.
Old 18th May 2018, 10:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Have really enjoyed the first season of 70s show Whodunnit? Really odd format, with a murder mystery play then intercut with a celebrity panel trying to figure out the culprit, and the "suspects" are even in the studio to question (even when the play was set in 1899!) Edward Woodward is the host for the first season, with panelists including the likes of his Callan co-stars Russell Hunter and Patrick Mower, as well as John Woodvine and Jon Pertwee (who takes over as host for the next five seasons!). Some familiar actors in the "plays" as well (Kevin Stoney in the season 1 final I saw last night, for example).
Very odd structure but really fun. I've already ordered 3 more seasons!
Old 18th May 2018, 10:15 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Have really enjoyed the first season of 70s show Whodunnit? Really odd format, with a murder mystery play then intercut with a celebrity panel trying to figure out the culprit, and the "suspects" are even in the studio to question (even when the play was set in 1899!) Edward Woodward is the host for the first season, with panelists including the likes of his Callan co-stars Russell Hunter and Patrick Mower, as well as John Woodvine and Jon Pertwee (who takes over as host for the next five seasons!). Some familiar actors in the "plays" as well (Kevin Stoney in the season 1 final I saw last night, for example).
Very odd structure but really fun. I've already ordered 3 more seasons!
I've often wondered what that show was like. Thanks.
iank likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!