Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd May 2018, 08:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

the-flash-season-4-reborn-and-recharged-poster-1026105.jpg

THE FLASH S4 EP23- "We Are The Flash" SEASON FINALE

With Marlize help, Barry enters DeVoe's consciousness to find the good still in him..

The DeVoe story line comes to and end. This story has lasted the whole season. Good episode in which we finally find out who the mystery speedster is.
trebor8273 and bleakshaun like this.
Old 23rd May 2018, 10:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Gotham season 1 eps 1-4. Bit so-so so far.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 24th May 2018, 09:33 AM
Cult Acolyte

The Incredible Hulk: The Snare. David comes to regret accepting an offer by a friendly rich recluse to spend some time on his island when he turns out to be a psycho killer who's traded in hunting animals for hunting people instead. Of course, in true Arnie movie style, this time this psycho really has picked the wrong man... The Incredible Hulk does its own version of the infamous short story "The Most Dangerous Game", and does it pretty well too in this entertaining and gripping installment.
Old 25th May 2018, 04:35 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default A Very English Scandal

Has any one been watching the BBC drama A Very English Scandal ???? about the Jeremy Thorpe scandal of the 1970's,Hugh Grant looks like he's doing an impression of Arthur Daley...but it looks interesting never the less...

Old 25th May 2018, 05:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Mate was enthusing about it yesterday. Duly noted!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 25th May 2018, 05:49 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Has any one been watching the BBC drama A Very English Scandal ???? about the Jeremy Thorpe scandal of the 1970's,Hugh Grant looks like he's doing an impression of Arthur Daley...but it looks interesting never the less...
I meant to set my V6 box to record that, but forgot. Presumably it will be on iPlayer so I can catch up over the weekend or a bit later.

I recently finished watching the first season of Westworld and will probably watch it again before binge watching the second season which I think finishes in about four weeks. I don't own the film that really like the way the TV show develops the story around the park's creation, the idea of consciousness, artificial intelligence, and the ethics and morality. I loved how it finished and am looking forward to watching it again.

The same goes for The Handmaid's Tale, an exceptionally well told and engrossing drama. I wasn't sure what to expect because the few images I'd seen made me expect a period drama. Is not that at all, but the film set in the US in the near future where the country has been devastated by environmental problems and an STD which rented most women sterile. It re-founded itself as Gilead, an authoritarian Christian Theonomy where criminals, homosexuals and adulterers can be publicly executed – it's like a Christian version of Saudi Arabia – and the most fertile women become the possessions of wealthy men whose wife is sterile.

Elisabeth Moss, who plays the main character Ofred (her owner is Commander Frederick Waters said, making her name denote she is his property) and, as in Mad Men is superb. The rest of the cast, including Joseph Fiennes, Yvonne Strahovski and Alexis Bledel is excellent, and the way the events move back and forward in time is very well turn and makes it compelling to watch. I anticipated watching it gradually over a week or so, but watched the entire series in three days; I'm recording the second season to do the same.

As a complete change of pace, I've since been watching the eighth (and most recent) season of Bob's Burgers, a show which never fails to make me laugh.
Old 27th May 2018, 07:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Quacks

Not sure if anyone caught this last year,I've only just come across it myself,If you like Bleak Expectations,Blackadder and Horrible Histories then you should luv this period comedy set in Victorian era about four characters trying to make there way in medicine. It has a great cast Rory Kinnear,Tom Basden,Mathew Baynton ,Lydia Leonard and a grotesque looking Rupert Everett plus the ever brilliant Geoffrey McGivern who was so funny in the tv show Back.

The first episode of A Very English Scandal,was excellent .Hugh Grant was really good and showed he has some great acting skills,I think the 2nd episode will be even better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-2018-05-27-20h38m41s017.jpg (72.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-2018-05-27-20h39m10s718.jpg (89.3 KB, 6 views)

Old 31st May 2018, 10:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Halfway through Gotham season 1. First few eps were a bit slow but I'm really getting into it now.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 31st May 2018, 10:56 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Halfway through Gotham season 1. First few eps were a bit slow but I'm really getting into it now.
I'm delighted you are now enjoying it.

I saw the first two series back to back earlier this year and loved them both. It grabbed me straight away.
iank likes this.
Old 2nd June 2018, 07:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Friday Night Dinner - Series 5

Been catching up with the latest series of Friday Night Dinner Series 5..Hard to believe they have made Mark Heap and Paul Ritters character even more insane...episode four with ventiloquist dummy Lord Luck was brilliant...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-2018-06-02-20h00m26s036.jpg (98.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-2018-06-02-20h01m34s686.jpg (74.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-2018-06-02-20h00m22s518.jpg (97.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-2018-06-02-20h00m34s175.jpg (51.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-2018-06-02-20h02m26s487.jpg (59.9 KB, 6 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!