Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13829Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th June 2018, 10:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I thought that was just for the first season, so that makes the set even better!
It's this one, just too make sure you get the right one!

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/space-.../11529353.html
Old 6th June 2018, 12:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched The Young Ones over the weekend. Still very silly, if somewhat quainter .... now.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 6th June 2018, 12:24 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Finished the third series of Baywatch last night.

Again, as with series 6 it was a lot of fun. Featuring everything from serial killers to pirates with illegal bike races in between. The two part story Vacation features one hell of a cliffhanger.

David Hasselhoff is indeed a star. In the two part story Shattered he's paralyzed from the waist down...in the next story he's in an illegal kickboxing tournament. (Obviously some amount of time had passed between the two )
Old 6th June 2018, 07:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched the first episode of UFO, thought a good job had been done on space 1999, but this is just spectacular, good and vibrant colours ,great level of detail not seen before . The models etc look spectacular and looks like it was shot yesterday..

For those who don't know it's Gerry Anderson's first live action show, about a secret organisation called SHADO that under the guise of a film studio , keep earth save from alien invasion. One of my favourite shows and the best Anderson's product for me.

Also finished the last season of star wars rebels and just like that show the writing etc is better than most of the movies.
Old 6th June 2018, 10:26 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Watched the first episode of UFO, thought a good job had been done on space 1999, but this is just spectacular, good and vibrant colours ,great level of detail not seen before . The models etc look spectacular and looks like it was shot yesterday..

For those who don't know it's Gerry Anderson's first live action show, about a secret organisation called SHADO that under the guise of a film studio , keep earth save from alien invasion. One of my favourite shows and the best Anderson's product for me.

Also finished the last season of star wars rebels and just like that show the writing etc is better than most of the movies.
Again, the original dvd's of UFO looked spectacular. It's not like some brilliant preservation job had been done. They looked like they'd been shot yesterday anyway.
Old 7th June 2018, 08:29 AM
Cult Acolyte

Yep, no need for a blu ray upgrade. The UFO DVD episodes look awesome.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 7th June 2018, 08:40 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Again, the original dvd's of UFO looked spectacular. It's not like some brilliant preservation job had been done. They looked like they'd been shot yesterday anyway.
i did check between dvds and this set and very noticeable increase in picture quality etc. will have to check but think the blu ray set has more extras. also it has a nice sounding 5.1 soundtrack now
J Harker likes this.
Old 7th June 2018, 10:04 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
i did check between dvds and this set and very noticeable increase in picture quality etc. will have to check but think the blu ray set has more extras. also it has a nice sounding 5.1 soundtrack now
Don't worry about it treb. You'll never get the betamax crowd moving.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 7th June 2018, 12:45 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Don't worry about it treb. You'll never get the betamax crowd moving.
Well Dave Boy isn't one of the Betamax crowd and he says there's no need to upgrade as the dvd's look so good.

The best ever tv i've seen on dvd was another Network series - Strange Report.

That series didn't look like it was filmed yesterday, it looked like it was being filmed tomorrow. Looked far better than shows like Arrow, Game of Thrones etc. Pity it was really dull, despite the presence of Anthony Quayle.
Old 7th June 2018, 12:47 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
So you've still got the dvd's?

You must have money to burn.
trebor8273 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!