Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th August 2018, 03:20 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
After watching the Kermode horror episode ... on reflection I'd prefer to hear that Polish geezer with the lisp tbh (never remember his name) ....
I've not the foggiest who you're on about but I agree I'd rather listen to him than Kermode.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 19th August 2018, 09:58 AM
Cultist

Watched the first three episodes of Ken Burns Vietnam on Netflix, an absolutely staggering achievement. About as in depth as possible but still very accessible. Thoroughly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19th August 2018, 07:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished season one of outer limits ( new) very good and far superior to the newer twilight zone. Now watching final space.
Old 19th August 2018, 08:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

471970_1050x1400.jpg
LOGAN'S RUN TV SERIES (1977-1978)

Tv series version of the novel and 1976 movie.
The opening pilot episode features some movie footage of the dome city and the carousel. The carousel sequence from the movie is a more sanitised version altered for tv viewing. The pilot episode is a condensed version of the movie events. From then on we follow Logan, Jessica and Rem on their search for the fabled 'Sanctuary'.
An interesting episode is 'Man out of time'. A time traveller from the past arrives in 2319. When he returns back to his own time, we find out that he and time travel are responsible for the war (at least in this tv show) as the world fought over the time travel device.
An out of the ordinary episode is 'Night visitors'. Logan, Jessica and Rem seek shelter from a storm in a creepy old house complete with undead vampire type people and other haunted house goings on.
This episode was the first time romantic feelings between Logan and Jessica were hinted at. The show was not far from being cancelled so that plot line never came to anything.
Really enjoyed watching the show again. Nostalgia for me is high on this one. I remember lying in front of the television in 1978 watching this on ITV.
Old 20th August 2018, 11:55 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowBobWow View Post
Watched the first three episodes of Ken Burns Vietnam on Netflix, an absolutely staggering achievement. About as in depth as possible but still very accessible. Thoroughly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It surprised me how little I knew about the war when I watched it!
Fantastic soundtrack too by Reznor and Ross
trebor8273 likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 21st August 2018, 09:04 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Currently 3 episodes in to Matt Groening's new animated series Disenchantment on Netflix.

Depicting the antics of a medieval tearaway princess, an elf, and a demon. It's no Simpsons or Futurama and I'm not really sold on it; it seems to be trying to hard. Also, I don't think I've laughed once yet.

Old 22nd August 2018, 05:43 AM
Cult Addict

I gave up 5 minutes into episode one.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 22nd August 2018, 08:21 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Even though I was very tired and had a couple of glasses of whisky in me, I liked the first episode and was planning on watching the rest of the next day. However, I've been so caught up with the latest season of Orange Is the New Black (brilliant so far with about four episodes left) that I haven't watched any more yet.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 22nd August 2018, 08:43 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Finished Poldark Season 4 then went into Versailles season 3, both of which I enjoyed. This morning I started Knightfall and was immediatly struck by how 'clean' medieval France/Paris was. Everything just looked too clean! Even the dirty clothes looked like they had been given a 40 degree wash!
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 22nd August 2018, 09:04 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
I gave up 5 minutes into episode one.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
gave up after the first episode, looks like on the whole its not being well received.

Like this? Share it using the links below!