Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st August 2018, 04:28 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Think it's not doing as good as they hoped, everyone I know who watched it switched off after the first couple of episodes.
I watched it all, and whilst it does get better towards the end, I wouldn't recommend it.
Old 31st August 2018, 05:29 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Netflix aren't half trying to push disenchantment, everything I seem to watch there it is at the end credits.
I finished watching Disenchantment a few days ago and really enjoyed the entire series. It is definitely a case of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts because the individual storylines which are explored in each episode all come together in the last couple of episodes, carrying much greater emotional depth than earlier in the season. As such, if you have only seen the first few episodes and given up, I think it's worth persevering and judging it as an entire season.

I've also watched the latest season of Orange Is the New Black, something I hugely enjoyed and am really impressed by the writing, direction, and acting. As with Disenchantment I thought it took a while to get going, but I was hooked by the midway point and found the ending to be very emotional.
Old 31st August 2018, 05:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Eastbound & Down

Has anyone watched Danny Mcbride's series Eastbound & Down,he was brilliant in Vice Principals so am hoping this will be as equally good stuff...

Eastbound-Down-Kenny-Powers.jpg

Old 31st August 2018, 05:41 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Has anyone watched Danny Mcbride's series Eastbound & Down,he was brilliant in Vice Principals so am hoping this will be as equally good stuff...

Attachment 208439

I haven’t watched season four but the first three are great, I prefer it to Vice Principals (which I also enjoyed).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 31st August 2018, 05:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowBobWow View Post
I haven’t watched season four but the first three are great, I prefer it to Vice Principals (which I also enjoyed).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cool....

Old 2nd September 2018, 10:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watching Downton Abbey
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 3rd September 2018, 10:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post

Attachment 208439
It is rather crazed. Whereas VP is a sitcom at heart. IMO. It builds up to a somewhat unusual climax (all 4 series), but it's the ride that's the thing. Meet the most unselfaware man in the universe .... Kenny Fcukin' Powers!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd September 2018, 03:29 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I had 20 minutes to kill yesterday while I was doing something before I was going to watch a film and had realised a few days previously there was a new season of Archer on Netflix. I watched the entire thing in one go!

It's basically a standalone story, set during World War II and with nods to Casablanca and other classic films. I thought it was very funny (I'd forgotten how great some of the writing and voice acting is) and it made me want to drink a lot and go back and watch the previous eight seasons.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 4th September 2018, 09:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

This Is Personal: The Hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper. New Tricks' Alun Armstrong headlines this late 90s/early 2000s British mini-series detailing the massive police hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper, the notorious serial killer who terrorised the north of England in the late 70s and early 80s. Compelling stuff.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 4th September 2018, 10:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
It is rather crazed. Whereas VP is a sitcom at heart. IMO. It builds up to a somewhat unusual climax (all 4 series), but it's the ride that's the thing. Meet the most unselfaware man in the universe .... Kenny Fcukin' Powers!!
cheers Demon,Ive just watched the first series and as usual anything by Jody Hill is pretty damn good....Kennys mullet rules...

Like this? Share it using the links below!