Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th October 2018, 08:45 AM
Cult Acolyte

1680748.jpg

BLACK LIGHTNING SEASON 2 EPISODE 1 "The Book of Consequences: Chapter One: Rise of the Green Light Babies"

Another good start for the CW shows as Black Lightning kicks off it's second season.
The fall out from last season continues. Jefferson is in trouble after the attack on the school and Chief Henderson finds out the secret identity of Black Lightning and Thunder. Anissa kicks ass and steals money from drug dealers to help the families of the Green Light kids with legal fees and Jennifer's lightning powers are getting out of control. So, a lot going on in this episode.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 14th October 2018, 09:22 AM
Cult Acolyte

MV5BMTU0NDc4Mjc4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjcyNTM0NjM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,676,1000_AL_.jpg

TITANS SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 "Titans"

Last seen in Gotham City, Robin is caught on CCTV in Detroit.
Telekinetic teenager Rachel has nightmares and recognises Dick Grayson from them when she is questioned by him at a Detroit police station.
Kory awakens in a car crash and has no memory of who she is but later displays fire powers and a green tiger transforms back to a boy after raiding an electrical store..

Titans finally gets off the starting blocks after all the negative comments over the trailers. Like a lot of super shows, the makers play fast and loose with the original comic book characters but for me, I have excepted that so, so far so good. A good start but with loads of questions about what the hell is going on, but hey, this is the first episode. Some violent scenes and language make this a bit more different than the CWs super shows.
So, we'll see how this plays out. To early to tell but the the first episode was good.
Old 14th October 2018, 10:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watching the first season of vampire dairys , have to say I much prefer Damon to Steffen who with his tortured and brooding vampire comes of a bit annoying and boring whinging bitch.
Justin101 and bleakshaun like this.

Last edited by trebor8273; 14th October 2018 at 11:08 PM.
Old 15th October 2018, 01:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Watching the first season of vampire dairys , have to say I much prefer Damon to Steffen who with his tortured and brooding vampire comes of a bit annoying and boring whinging bitch.
Ugh i HATE Stephan he's so annoying... the best vampire by far will be in it soon, Katherine!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 15th October 2018, 09:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Ugh i HATE Stephan he's so annoying... the best vampire by far will be in it soon, Katherine!
Started season two and really like Katherine still prefer Damon to Stefan. Kinda like he's annoying self centred was ( or is he?)
Justin101 likes this.
Old 15th October 2018, 11:35 PM
Cult Addict

The Haunting of Hill House. 4 episodes in and I'm loving it. Brilliant.
Rik, Justin101 and bleakshaun like this.

Last edited by J Harker; 15th October 2018 at 11:50 PM.
Old 16th October 2018, 06:25 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I’ve got the day off today so I’m gonna check this out, seems to be getting good reviews
Justin101 and bleakshaun like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 16th October 2018, 10:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I’ve got the day off today so I’m gonna check this out, seems to be getting good reviews

its excellent one of the few things that deserves the praise its getting, onto episode 6 myself
Old 16th October 2018, 11:32 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I recently watched the first seasons of The Strain. I'd seen the first two before but wanted to watch them so I knew all the character and plot developments before watching the third. It's a shame the show seems to be generally underappreciated by audiences and studios, making it almost impossible to buy the fourth season in high definition.

Fancying a bit of a change and to catch up on something I had watched but (again) hadn't seemed the most recent couple of seasons of BoJack Horseman. The fourth season is occasionally confusing and seems to favour pathos over laugh out loud comedy but that doesn't mean it isn't funny, just that it's more drama-oriented and culminates in a really moving final episode. The fifth season is brilliant and much funnier, building on what happened before to create something which is a funny social commentary and political satire.

I'm currently a bit behind the times and catching up on things many people watched when they were aired so, using iPlayer, am four episodes through Bodyguard, an extremely well written and directed show which I've really enjoyed so far and will finish watching this evening.
Old 16th October 2018, 02:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Question

Don't worry nos I'm behind on alsorts , like stated before rarely watch any TV sometimes shows are on series 6 etc before I even hear of them , we are binging on Bates motel and still game watching average 2 episodes a day of each , mainly when in bed at night I've heard good things about the Bodyguard but not seen any of it , Mind you I have been watching Strangers on a Monday night which I'm highly enjoying , I said from first episode I think his wife is somewhere involved in Human trafficking let's wait and see.
bleakshaun likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!