Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th October 2018 09:37 PM

Watched my very first episode of Inside No 9 just now.

Have to say i was somewhat underwhelmed. It went down the Ghostwatch route but failed badly.

I doubt i'll bother seeking out anymore.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 29th October 2018 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 591476)

Have to say i was somewhat underwhelmed. It went down the Ghostwatch route but failed badly.

It's a show I really rate, Dem.

Hopefully you persevere and check out a few more episodes before writing it off entirely.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th October 2018 08:41 AM

Quote:

I wanted to watch the live one last night but I was at the concert so I'll have to watch it on iPlayer. I have the first Blu-ray releases I have the first three series and I really like the self contained stories which are almost like Tales of the Unexpected in the construction and propensity to have a twist ending.

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th October 2018 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 591482)

Hopefully you persevere and check out a few more episodes before writing it off entirely.

Did you watch it last night, b_e?

What did you make of it?

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th October 2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 591487)
I wanted to watch the live one last night but I was at the concert so I'll have to watch it on iPlayer. I have the first Blu-ray releases I have the first three series and I really like the self contained stories which are almost like Tales of the Unexpected in the construction and propensity to have a twist ending.

This will be pretty pointless on I-Player as the tricks and techniques used were to throw the viewer off.

Seeing the run time still playing on I-Player will make this rather redundant as aside from the Ghostwatch style tricks there was absolutely nothing to it story wise.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th October 2018 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 591492)
This will be pretty pointless on I-Player as the tricks and techniques used were to throw the viewer off.

Seeing the run time still playing on I-Player will make this rather redundant as aside from the Ghostwatch style tricks there was absolutely nothing to it story wise.

That's a shame. I'll give it a watch later on and see how it compares to previous episodes. Based on everything into before, I consider Shearsmith and Pemberton are incredibly talented writers and actors so will hope for the best.

Demoncrat 29th October 2018 09:46 PM

Quote:

What was that you were just saying to me about a certain Mr Walker? :skull:
Persevere with this one. Some are pure horror imo. Tis The League after all ...

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th October 2018 09:59 PM

As I've had seasons 4-7 on my 'to watch' list for quite some time, I've been watching Game of Thrones from the beginning and am now three episodes from the end of season two.

I don't think I'd realised how well the narrative and character arcs were organised, with some important plot points very early in the first episode of the first season, things which meant very little at the time but have a greater significance much later.

gag 29th October 2018 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 591531)
As I've had seasons 4-7 on my 'to watch' list for quite some time, I've been watching Game of Thrones from the beginning and am now three episodes from the end of season two.

I don't think I'd realised how well the narrative and character arcs were organised, with some important plot points very early in the first episode of the first season, things which meant very little at the time but have a greater significance much later.

Still never watched a single episode of this , at the moment I'm trying to watch the series of wolf creek but only manage a episode a day almost finished series 1 on episode 5 .

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th October 2018 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 591482)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 591530)
What was that you were just saying to me about a certain Mr Walker? :skull:
Persevere with this one. Some are pure horror imo. Tis The League after all ...

All these comments about sticking with it. However no one has said if they thought Sunday's episode was any good.

Was it only me who watched it?