Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

bleakshaun 30th October 2018 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 591544)
All these comments about sticking with it. However no one has said if they thought Sunday's episode was any good.

Was it only me who watched it?

I'm watching it tonight

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th October 2018 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 591545)
I'm watching it tonight

Like i said to Nos, it will be interesting to see how it works days later, because it was supposed to be a live viewing experience so all the tricks used in it really should have been rectified by the time it was put on I-Player.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 30th October 2018 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 591544)
All these comments about sticking with it. However no one has said if they thought Sunday's episode was any good.

Was it only me who watched it?

No, I haven't seen the latest episode. I've seen the first two series' on Netflix so can vouch for the quality based off of them.

bleakshaun 30th October 2018 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 591564)
No, I haven't seen the latest episode. I've seen the first two series' on Netflix so can vouch for the quality based off of them.

Season 3 is on there now

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 30th October 2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 591566)
Season 3 is on there now

Yeah, I've been meaning to check it out.

I've just finished Gotham and American Horror Story: Cult, so it's between the new seasons of Black Mirror, Inside No. 9, It's Only Sunny in Philadelphia or alternatively The Haunting of Hill House, which everyone seems to be raving about, in terms of what I watch next.

Demoncrat 30th October 2018 05:55 PM

I haven't seen this new one. And while I had quibbles with S3 ... the other two are filled with fun.

Next!! :skull:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th October 2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 591567)
I've just finished Gotham and American Horror Story: Cult, so it's between the new seasons of Black Mirror, Inside No. 9, It's Only Sunny in Philadelphia or alternatively The Haunting of Hill House, which everyone seems to be raving about, in terms of what I watch next.

Most of those are on my 'to watch' list, so I can't be of any help. I'm a couple of seasons behind you with American Horror Story as the last one I saw was Hotel.

Susan Foreman 30th October 2018 06:56 PM

Re: Inside No.9

The Guardian loved it

"...Event TV is a term that is now lazily applied to everything from cookery shows to talent contests. But the Inside No 9 live special really did deserve that description. It is now on BBC iPlayer and is well worth a second (or indeed, first) look. But if you weren’t there at 10pm on Sunday, you missed the essence of it. What the show demonstrated was that in the hands of true masters, modern media networks like Twitter are simply more tools, more colours a writer can add to their palette. The show’s closest relative is probably BBC One’s spectacular 1992 Halloween epic Ghostwatch. But Ghostwatch was able to take advantage of less jaded, less media-savvy, more credulous times. To even approach its mischief and magic in 2018 feels like a triumph of imagination. It also feels like a vindication of the idea that in the right hands, TV still has the capacity to surprise, disconcert and delight."

bleakshaun 30th October 2018 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 591575)
Re: Inside No.9

The Guardian loved it

"...Event TV is a term that is now lazily applied to everything from cookery shows to talent contests. But the Inside No 9 live special really did deserve that description. It is now on BBC iPlayer and is well worth a second (or indeed, first) look. But if you weren’t there at 10pm on Sunday, you missed the essence of it. What the show demonstrated was that in the hands of true masters, modern media networks like Twitter are simply more tools, more colours a writer can add to their palette. The show’s closest relative is probably BBC One’s spectacular 1992 Halloween epic Ghostwatch. But Ghostwatch was able to take advantage of less jaded, less media-savvy, more credulous times. To even approach its mischief and magic in 2018 feels like a triumph of imagination. It also feels like a vindication of the idea that in the right hands, TV still has the capacity to surprise, disconcert and delight."

My mates disagreed and thought it was garbage, I liked it however it probably would have been better to watch it on Sunday rather than on the iplayer

gag 30th October 2018 09:57 PM

Finished first series of wolf creek today, really don't get why its got the slagging off its got found its got all the right elements, beautifully made and shot, tension atmosphere and the pace is right as well got all corrects elements for a decent horror thriller show without relying on to much violence and gore.