LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th December 2018, 08:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watching this.

Dave Boy and bleakshaun like this.
Old 23rd December 2018, 06:47 AM
Cult Acolyte

Married With Children: You'd Better Watch Out. The first MWC Christmas episode sees the Bundy's festivities seriously marred when a Santa supposedly "flying in" to a nearby department store gets blown off course and ends up, er, splattered all over the Bundy's lawn. Seriously inappropriate Xmas lols!
Old 23rd December 2018, 12:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

New watership down has been panned ,

And before any complaints well what do you expect from the mirror I have seen at least 6 different sites etc criticise it , this is just one page I copied the link from

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...cised-13769913
Old 23rd December 2018, 07:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

TITANS Season 1 has now finished.
Yeah, enjoyed the series. I thought that by the end they would have been in new costumes though.
Hawk and Dove looked great and I am looking forward to seeing more of them.
Some references to the Justice League and an appearance by Batman in the season finale. The Batman scenes looked great even though you don't get a good look at him.
Great end title teaser for next season.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 24th December 2018, 04:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Complaints are still flooding in about watership down for many different reasons

I've recorded it but not watched it .

https://www-express-co-uk.cdn.amppro...McAvoy-Netflix

Bad CGI , story , not frightening enough , too toned down , dull & boring etc etc etc rabbits look more like hares
Lost thousands of viewers by end of first part .
Old 24th December 2018, 05:37 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
New watership down has been panned ,

And before any complaints well what do you expect from the mirror I have seen at least 6 different sites etc criticise it , this is just one page I copied the link from

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...cised-13769913

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Complaints are still flooding in about watership down for many different reasons

I've recorded it but not watched it .

https://www-express-co-uk.cdn.amppro...McAvoy-Netflix

Bad CGI , story , not frightening enough , too toned down , dull & boring etc etc etc rabbits look more like hares
Lost thousands of viewers by end of first part .
Outcry as new Watership Down fails to traumatise entire generation of children | News Thump

"The BBC is under fire this morning after their new adaptation of Watership Down failed to leave an entire generation of children in need of lifelong therapy.

Switchboards at the corporation are understood to have ‘lit up’ last night under a barrage of calls from parents furious that their children weren’t being messed up by frankly horrific animations of rabbit-carnage to a cheery and heartwarming soundtrack.

“When I was young I had to sit through a cartoon of rabbits being crushed to death and drowning in their own blood, and it’s only right my kids should have to go through that too,” said angry viewer Simon Williams.

“The last time the BBC did a version of Watership Down when I was six I didn’t speak for three whole days after I saw it, and I was looking forward to much the same from my lot this year, as it’d make Christmas much easier.

“But the BBC let me down. All that happened was they started arguing over who was going to be Dandelion when they played Watership Down at school and didn’t go to bed until their usual time.

“It’s a colossal waste of license fee payers money, and I’m not going to pay it until my children have been properly messed up by some terrifying 70s-styled horror dressed up as family entertainment.

“Oh, and the music was rubbish too.”

When asked, a spokesman for the BBC said that if parents really wanted their kids messing up they could always let them watch the news."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 24th December 2018, 06:22 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I think the point of this thread is to discuss what TV shows you have seen or would recommend, not what you have read about being not very good or in some way disappointing! If and when you watch Watership Down, I'd like to know what you think, not what random people who have complaint to the Express or BBC.

This afternoon I watched Stick Man, Room on the Broom, The Gruffalo, The Gruffalo's Child, and Mark Kermode's Christmas Cinema Secrets.

The short animated family films are all delightful and well worth watching on iPlayer whether you have children or not, and if you want a great overview of Christmas films in the style of the other episodes from Mark Kermode's Secrets of Cinema, Kermode and Kim Newman have made something which is authoritative and accessible. Because of it, I'm currently watching The Bishop's Wife.

Old 24th December 2018, 06:27 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I think the point of this thread is to discuss what TV shows you have seen or would recommend, not what you have read about being not very good or in some way disappointing! If and when you watch Watership Down, I'd like to know what you think, not what random people who have complaint to the Express or BBC.

This afternoon I watched Stick Man, Room on the Broom, The Gruffalo, The Gruffalo's Child, and Mark Kermode's Christmas Cinema Secrets.

The short animated family films are all delightful and well worth watching on iPlayer whether you have children or not, and if you want a great overview of Christmas films in the style of the other episodes from Mark Kermode's Secrets of Cinema, Kermode and Kim Newman have made something which is authoritative and accessible. Because of it, I'm currently watching The Bishop's Wife.

That is what i shall be watching in an hour too.
Old 24th December 2018, 06:27 PM
Cult Veteran

Is that the Denzel and Whitney film?
I watched the show last night it was good!

Tonight I’m looking forward to the new Mark Gatiss penned Ghost Story for Christmas, I’m expecting good things
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 24th December 2018, 06:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
That is what i shall be watching in an hour too.
The TV show or The bishops wife

Like this? Share it using the links below!