Old 10th February 2019, 11:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watching this classic of the 90s.

Old 11th February 2019, 01:35 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Tried watching nightflyers and season two of punisher on Netflix , gave up on both after a few episodes
Is the second season of The Punisher no good treb?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 11th February 2019, 09:51 AM
Cult Acolyte

I'm mid way through THE PUNISHER Season 2.
Frank has just cracked the skulls of a handful of guys with some barbells.
Good 'ol Frank. I'm enjoying the season.
Old 11th February 2019, 10:18 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I still need to finish the first season so I can watch the second, too many shows on the go at the minute
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th February 2019, 09:00 PM
Cult Addict

Well, like treb I tried to watch nightflyers. Like the mist a few years ago, it just feels stretched out. It's disappointing because like sandkings it's a great novella and a damn fine piece of writing from George rr Martin.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 11th February 2019, 09:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Is the second season of The Punisher no good treb?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
No, was way to.much talking even for a Netflix marvel , the story seemed to go someplace and the girl punisher saves is beyond annoying and should die one the most painful way possible. Was some good fights , the one in the gym was brutal.
Old 12th February 2019, 01:15 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Probably the best of the series. It stood out as very melancholy (for a Simpsons episode). It also felt a bit rushed.
I can remember how, but it was known a relatively minor character was going to die in that episode, was a lot of speculation about who it might be. Because the episode title wasn't public, which gives a major clue as to who it was, I guessed either Patty or Selma. Other people speculated Helen Lovejoy, Gil, and even Smithers and/or Mr Burns was going to be killed off.

It was only recently I read the part of the reason it was Maude Flanders was because Maggie Roswell commuted from Denver to Los Angeles to record her lines and wanted travel expenses! The only reason the character has appeared in flashback is because there's been a reconciliation between the makers and Roswell so she can record her lines from home.

Recently, I finished watching all the episodes in the "Buffyverse", going through them in complete order, starting with the first season of Buffy and then alternating between episodes of Buffy and Angel and then finishing with the fifth and final season of Angel. It was something I really enjoy doing and will probably do again when I have made a significant event in my watchlist.

I also watched Whoops Apocalypse (and the film) this weekend. It's not the most accomplished TV show ever made, but with a working knowledge of 1980s global politics, the backdrop of Thatcher and Reagan, plus the Falklands War, it works as a daft satire. I don't think it has the brilliance of a show like Yes Minister or, more recently, The Thick of It, but it's an entertaining 2 1/2 hours.

I'm now about two thirds of the way through the last season of Mad Men, which I think is a great show. I had considered watching the entire series from beginning to end but thought I'd be okay going straight in at the final season because I've seen the other seasons several times. In hindsight, this is probably a mistake and I should have started with the first season so everything which has previously happened was fresh in my mind, giving the events much more impact.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 12th February 2019, 01:22 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I had no idea Mayans M.C. had actually been made let alone was showing on BBC2 on Saturday nights until i saw a trailer the other day.

I'll wait for the box set as i'm not watching it on a computer screen via IPlayer.
Old 12th February 2019, 06:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

MASH-tv-show-15.jpg

Season 1 (1972-1973)

It's been a long while since I had seen this show. Such a great series.
This is my humour, the quick fire, piss take humour, although the show does have more serious drama moments.

MASH_Season_1-1.jpg
Old 12th February 2019, 10:24 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I'm going to watch the first season of Penny Dreadful once more. I love this series.

Like this? Share it using the links below!