Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th March 2019, 07:12 AM
Cult Acolyte

To Catch a Killer. Veteran character actor Brian Dennehy gives a chilling and unforgettable performance in this early 90s TV miniseries retelling of the true events leading to the arrest of one of America's most notorious serial killers. When a teenage boy vanishes after supposedly stepping out to talk to John Wayne Gacy (Dennehy) about a part-time job at his construction company, a tenacious police Lieutenant becomes convinced that the "successful local businessman and respected member of the community" is responsible, though others are less persuaded by the slim-at-best circumstantial evidence. But his investigation into Gacy begins to unearth a pattern suggesting something far more horrifying than anyone suspected.

Disturbing stuff.
Old 18th March 2019, 06:39 PM
Cult Acolyte

THE_SUPERFRIENDS_1973_-_1974.jpg
SUPER FRIENDS (1973)

"In the great hall of the Justice League, there are assembled the worlds four greatest heroes.."

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman along with Robin and the junior Super friends, Wendy, Marvin and Wonder Dog.

The cartoon that made me who I am today! Ha ha!
Excellent show that helped get me in to The Justice League Of America comics and a love of superheroes.

Old 19th March 2019, 01:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished season one of Blake's 7 i love the show with its dystopia future and great characters . Mind I've said this before I despise Blake I wouldn't follow that ass hat to the end of the street. Avon's the man.
Old 19th March 2019, 01:34 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Over the last week or so, I have watched nearly all of season seven and eight of The X-Files (I have two episodes left in the eighth season to watch.) It's nowhere near the high point of the series, probably seasons 2-6, but there are some really interesting and engrossing episodes, with the odd comedy one such as X-Cops to demonstrate the skill of the creative people behind the camera and the two main actors.

I have the ninth season to watch after this and, like season eight, it'll be the first time I've seen it since it was first broadcast when I was not exactly enamoured with it but liked it anyway.
Old 19th March 2019, 01:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Over the last week or so, I have watched nearly all of season seven and eight of The X-Files (I have two episodes left in the eighth season to watch.) It's nowhere near the high point of the series, probably seasons 2-6, but there are some really interesting and engrossing episodes, with the odd comedy one such as X-Cops to demonstrate the skill of the creative people behind the camera and the two main actors.

I have the ninth season to watch after this and, like season eight, it'll be the first time I've seen it since it was first broadcast when I was not exactly enamoured with it but liked it anyway.
If you looking for something in the vain of the early xfiles , try project blue book.

Started Friday night lights which got from music magpie as it was just over £4 for all five seasons, not seen it before.
Old 20th March 2019, 09:18 PM
Cult Addict

Well I decided to continue watching Still Game, up to date so far. Right now my thoughts for this series is meh, not as funny as previous series. Some good laughs but comes across as cringey

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 23rd March 2019, 12:01 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Well I decided to continue watching Still Game, up to date so far. Right now my thoughts for this series is meh, not as funny as previous series. Some good laughs but comes across as cringey

This week episode has been classed up there as one of the best.

https://www-thescottishsun-co-uk.cdn...-still-game%2F

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/tva...d-jack-victor/
Old 23rd March 2019, 02:55 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
If you looking for something in the vain of the early xfiles , try project blue book.

Started Friday night lights which got from music magpie as it was just over £4 for all five seasons, not seen it before.

Friday Night Lights is superb, probably make my top five TV shows and I have absolutely no idea when it comes to American football. Think there’s a Blu-ray set coming out soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 24th March 2019, 08:55 PM
Cult Addict

Love, Death and Robots
Anthology series around sci fi shorts - animated shorts to be exact some good stories, a lot of nudity and swearing. Still a recommended from me

trebor8273 likes this.
Old 24th March 2019, 09:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching Friday night lights , excellent far better than I was expecting , well writing with interesting characters and storys. Highly recommended and this is coming from someone with no interest in American football, it's interesting to see how big and important the sport is even at high school level and how it effects the whole town.

Like this? Share it using the links below!