All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th March 2019, 09:55 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Rewatched The Black Adder for the first time in ages. Many many delights ... Frank Finlay as the Witchsmeller ... Peter Cook ... that face of his ... ... also perused the Xmas Carol one, as I had missed this at the time. Quite good, if a tad predictable haha.
Again another TV series I've just never watched tbh I don't know why .
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 30th March 2019, 10:09 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Why indeed good sir? . It's very silly.
trebor8273 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 30th March 2019, 01:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Why indeed good sir? . It's very silly.
It's Gag we all know he will not watch anything made after 1980!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 30th March 2019, 02:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
It's Gag we all know he will not watch anything made after 1980!
Of course I do, lots of TV shows etc I just haven't watched and tbh I'm not really sure why but if you was to say a year I'd say more 2000 onwards than 80s or 90s.
Demoncrat and trebor8273 like this.

Last edited by gag; 30th March 2019 at 09:30 PM.
Old 30th March 2019, 09:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Well, watch Blackadder then! It's a classic!
Old 30th March 2019, 09:49 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Of course I do, lots of TV shows etc I just haven't watched and tbh I'm not really sure why but if you was to say a year I'd say more 2000 onwards than 80s or 90s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Well, watch Blackadder then! It's a classic!
With the four series taking place in the 15th century, 16th century, late 18th century to early 19th century, and 1917, and all broadcast before the end of 1989, nine of it could be considered 'too modern'!
Demoncrat and iank like this.
Old 31st March 2019, 09:18 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

maxresdefault-2-825x510.jpg

Tony was a nice warm caring loving man until his wife died and now he hates life and everyone he encounters. Working for his brother in law at the local free newspaper the only thing that keeps him going is his dog . Since the death of hia wife he has as a new philosophy in life be an asshole to everyone say and do what you want and if that doesn't work out he always has suicide to fall back on. On his journey Tony encounters all types of characters from his new post man pat to a drunk drug addict also a lost soul who lost the love of his life to drug s a prostitute an old lady who is also grieving the loss of her husband his councillor and the nurse that looks after his father in the nursing home. Everyone one of theseveral people has anot impact on his life and the decisions that he will eventually be forced to make in order to get on with his life.

Ricky Gervais is not everyone's cup of tea but he is mine I love what he does his tv shows his stand up great stuff all of it. There are just 6 episodes some running at 25 minutes some 30 so it's short and sweet sometimes too short I watched the whole season in one sitting last night. After Life is funny but it's also a moving and heart-warming look into the life of a lonely man left heartbroken by the loss of the love of his life. Alot of issues are confronted head on like suicide loss isolation addiction dementia homelessness and just not giving a f...... The humour is well placed and it's not there to trivialise any of the emotions of situations but it's a welcome break to some of the heavier moment.

Afterlife is a beautiful peice of tv everyone of us has experienced at least one if not more of the feels in this show and Ricky has dealt with all of them perfectly. If you don't like the man himself this may not change your mind put he does have important things to say with his little story. He is writing a season 2 at the moment I look forward to seeing more of Tony's journey.

8/10
Old 31st March 2019, 07:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
"Well Mr G...I have a cunning plan to get you to watch Blackadder..."
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 31st March 2019, 08:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching some Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry , not watched these since I was a kid and have too say I enjoy them even more now than when I was a kid, get a lot of stuff I didn't get as a kid. Was interesting too see that Tom was original called Jasper.

Also been watching Sabrina the teenage witch, enjoyable but have to say I must prefer the darker more horror themed chilling adventures of Sabrina, and Melissa Joan Hart is not that good of an actress, but at least she has a nice pussy!
Old 31st March 2019, 08:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!