Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd May 2019, 12:06 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Whilst I quite enjoyed season 7, I thought it was probably the weakest season so far.

I'm looking forward to checking out season 8, hopefully later this year.
Well I stopped watching after season 4.. So maybe it is weak that the others but I'm not able to do that comparison - looking forward to season 8 indeed.
Old 23rd May 2019, 10:09 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I'm currently six episodes into series five of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

Definitely a show which improves as it goes along. Helped greatly by the fact the Klingons are now used in the correct way - ie - the enemy.

Some terrific episodes so far with one or two clunkers along the way (usually involving Sisko's son, Jake) The event episodes have all been excellent with the lesser stories the best ones usually feature the likes of Odo, Quark or Andrew Robinson's Garak.

The last episode i watched was entitled Trials and Tribble-ations and was a joyous celebration of the original Star Trek series in which several of the DS9 regulars end up on the original Enterprise as the ship is overrun by Tribbles.

Old 26th May 2019, 06:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

MASH-tv-show-15.jpg

M*A*S*H SEASON 3

Another great and funny season. The final episode is emotional as Lt. Col. Henry Blake gets a discharge from the 4077 and is going home.
The final moments are shocking and heart-breaking.
I remember watching this episode when first aired on TV and everyone was silent in disbelief at the way the episode ended.
Old 27th May 2019, 01:19 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I finished watching the second season of Nikita earlier this week. It is impressive how the writers have evolved some situations to stop it becoming too formulaic, though episodes generally involve the titular spy (or someone she loves) getting into trouble/needing to foil a dastardly plot, and then saving the day.

The ending sets up the third season very well, but I decided to take a break and watch American Horror Story: Roanoke. It's been a long time since I watched any of the previous AHS seasons, but fortunately this doesn't seem to have any call backs to events within the 'universe'.

As with Nikita, I thought it was becoming a little formulaic but then it completely changes around the mid point of the season, changing again before the 10 (and final) episode for an ending which is surprisingly touching. I then went straight onto the seventh season: Cult, which looks as if it could be a really interesting season because of the social commentary. I'm very glad I don't suffer from coulrophobia!
Old 27th May 2019, 04:57 PM
Cultist

Can't wait for the Deadwood movie which airs this Saturday, got the week off so might try and fit in the series beforehand.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk
Old 27th May 2019, 09:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I know a lot of people can't stand bgt , not really a fan either but trumps over stuff like voice and x factor etc, but can't help thinking kids and animals get the vote over real talent because they feel they have to .
Old 27th May 2019, 09:40 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

This week on gag's stream of consciousness ponderings…

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I know a lot of people can't stand bgt , not really a fan either but trumps over stuff like voice and x factor etc, but can't help thinking kids and animals get the vote over real talent because they feel they have to .
Old 28th May 2019, 05:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Not seen it but has anyone else, Chernobyl It's been getting good reviews and I'm undecided on it.
Old 28th May 2019, 06:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Not seen it but has anyone else, Chernobyl It's been getting good reviews and I'm undecided on it.

Aside from the fact practically nobody speaks with a Russian accent, it’s brilliant
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 28th May 2019, 06:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Aside from the fact practically nobody speaks with a Russian accent, it’s brilliant
Thanks, not long after asking I saw it being advertised and advert stating it's imdb highest rating tv show with a rating of 9.7.

Like this? Share it using the links below!