All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st November 2019, 04:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Watched first episode of the war of the world's or should it be the bore of the world's. Not be watching the rest.
Exactly what I thought, dull and boring.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 21st November 2019, 08:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished season 3 of Buffy , Xander has to be the oldest looking high school pupil, hell he doesn't look much younger than Giles.

Now watching Battlestar Galactica (remake).

Last edited by trebor8273; 21st November 2019 at 08:51 PM.
Old 28th November 2019, 08:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

The first episode of early 80s British drama Airline. Very good so far. The first episode is completely stolen by Anthony Valentine as a roguish RAF pilot/smuggler. The only issue I do have is that Roy Marsden with a broad Yorkshire accent takes a bit of getting used to...
Old 28th November 2019, 08:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Fireball XL5 "Space Immigrants" Series 1.

Mentioning this one as it features a "Scottish" character, named Jock of course , some devious aliens and that freakish gibbon thing they keep as a pet.
Hilarity ensues. For me anyhow.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 30th November 2019, 09:48 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Great British Railway Journeys Series Three

Michael Portillo's excellent travelogue series as he journeys the length and breadth of the UK using his Victorian Bradshaws guide and seeing how the railways changed history and how destinations have changed in the years since.

This episode was part of a journey from Berwick-Upon-Tweed to Snaefell in the north of England with this episode focusing on Kirkby-in-Furness to Lancaster.

We were behind the scenes of Kirby in Furness' blue slate quarry, went aboard a nuclear submarine in Barrow in Furness and looked at the macabre world of hangings at Lancaster Castle.

Fascinating stuff.

Old 30th November 2019, 10:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Comic Strip "The Bullshiters".

When their Commander's daughter is kidnapped, two 'retired' operatives are brought back to their old hunting ground. A very silly spoof of The Professionals.
Very. Rewatch!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd December 2019, 11:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Netflix The Movies that made us is a very interesting background on the trouble films faced in being made,
I've only just watched episode 1 now and it's about Dirty dancing it gives a real insight into the problems they had getting anyone to read the script let alone turn it into a movie, and how it was almost never made, and no one would touch it with a barge pole, Jennifer and Patrick didn't want to work together because they hated each other, only company who would touch them was vestron who knew nothing about making films, even after all the hard work the best advice they were given was to burn the negatives and cut all losses, etc etc if you like you're documentaries with some insight then they don't come much better than this.

I've looked at what the other episodes are it's only a short series,
Home alone
Ghostbusters
Die hard

I would have thought it would probably be a few more episodes stemming from different era's but they are all from the 80s.
Old 4th December 2019, 04:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I’ve watched the first 2 episodes, and also the series about toys too. They were all 70s and 80s toys so it’s a theme I think.
I learned a lot about home alone!
bleakshaun likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 4th December 2019, 09:21 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Netflix The Movies that made us is a very interesting background on the trouble films faced in being made,
I've only just watched episode 1 now and it's about Dirty dancing it gives a real insight into the problems they had getting anyone to read the script let alone turn it into a movie, and how it was almost never made, and no one would touch it with a barge pole, Jennifer and Patrick didn't want to work together because they hated each other, only company who would touch them was vestron who knew nothing about making films, even after all the hard work the best advice they were given was to burn the negatives and cut all losses, etc etc if you like you're documentaries with some insight then they don't come much better than this.

I've looked at what the other episodes are it's only a short series,
Home alone
Ghostbusters
Die hard

I would have thought it would probably be a few more episodes stemming from different era's but they are all from the 80s.
Ah! thanks for this, I complete forgot I wanted to watch this - i remember to watch the first season about the toys was cool, learn some stuff.
Old 4th December 2019, 11:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
Ah! thanks for this, I complete forgot I wanted to watch this - i remember to watch the first season about the toys was cool, learn some stuff.
I've just looked at this and i presume its one of those that adds new episodes because it states new episode, unless its the new season of it, I'll watch it after I've finished the films that made us .

Like this? Share it using the links below!