LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th March 2020, 06:54 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Just watched the last Inside No 9 "The Stakeout". Very cheeky, as always.
Great episode from another outstanding series. I seem to remember seeing an announcement that another series is being made which is great news.

Recently, I've watched all four seasons of The Tudors which is a very well made series. I expected Henry to be a lot fatter by the end of the fourth season, but it didn't skimp on detail when showing the extent of his injured and infected leg.

I then went on to the fifth season of Arrested Development which was funny but, like the fourth season, not as good as the first three. I then watched the third season of Fargo with Ewan McGregor playing two brothers whose small argument over the ownership of a rare stamp escalates – with the help of an utterly grotesque character played with relish by David Thewlis – to extortion and murder. I was pleased to see that the fourth season will begin next month.

After watching Fargo, I watched the ninth season of Curb Your Enthusiasm, a show which is as good as it ever was, frequently laugh out loud hilarious. I am going to begin watching the 10 season this evening
Old 17th March 2020, 06:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

"Fatawaaaaaah!!"

Enjoy 10, it's got some great bits in it.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th March 2020, 06:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Just watched the last Inside No 9 "The Stakeout". Very cheeky, as always.
Never seen a episode of that yet, keep meaning to.
Old 17th March 2020, 08:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well, there's quite a few decent episodes there gag.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 19th March 2020, 07:44 AM
Cult Acolyte

Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 6. Finished this the other day. It's still my least favourite season - in fact I skipped it on last run - but I enjoyed it well enough this time. It has a number of issues. While most Buffy seasons start slow and then slowly but surely build up, season 6 - because of the way 5 ended - kicks off like a bat out of hell but then drops like a stone and has to start again after episode 3, and 4-6 seem incredibly inconsequential as a result. This makes the season arc a victim of its own cleverness, as it's far from clear where this is going and the only new villains - the Nerd Trio - initially seem as threatening as a paper bag. The depressing nature of some of the arcs, particularly Buffy's post-resurrection depression and Willow's increasing magic dependency, likewise doesn't help. And while I quite enjoy Spike's unrequited obsession with Buffy in season 5, and the more emotional but still platonic bond they share after Spike is re-ensouled in season 7, here their relationship is just kind of disgusting and disturbing. But it's not all bad news. There are some really good episodes. The opening 3 episodes are terrific, as stated, and there are some very entertaining more-or-less standalones like Tabula Rasa, the darkly comic Doublemeat Palace, Older and Far Away and the chillingly executed Normal Again (the one where Buffy thinks she's a mental patient in an asylum, with her whole life as the Slayer nothing but a delusion). And the final four episodes are as good as almost any other finale, as the disparate strands of the season come together and Tara's death sends Willow on a magical bender of murderously vengeful and increasingly apocalyptic proportions. This is all terrific stuff, and as dark, frightening and upsetting as the show gets. I'll take a moment here to mention Nicholas Brendon, who's perpetually underrated as Xander but is a total standout here. Everyone raves about Alyson Hannigan as the utterly out of control Willow - and they should, cause she's great - but poor Xander just looks in a state of complete and total shock and horrified disbelief as one of his friends is murdered, another is gunned down in front of him and his best friend since childhood completely loses her mind. And, of course, he finally gets to be the one to save the day, with his willingness and insistance that if Willow's going to destroy the world she should start with him being the thing that finally reawakens her humanity.
So... season 6. It's a difficult season at times, but it's still pretty good.
Old 19th March 2020, 07:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Tbh I wasn't aware there was a remake of porridge, I happen to come across it when just glancing what's on tv and thought I'll have a gander and see what it was like, switched off less than 10 min, it was awful and that putting it politely
Exact reason why I moan I hate today's tv shows, years ago the acting was effortless and flowed naturally, today's is forced upon and seems like they are trying.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 20th March 2020, 07:45 AM
Cult Acolyte

I've actually been tuning in to Neighbours this week, for the first time in about 13 years. Mainly because they've brought Sky and Lana back for a guest stint. Never expected to see either again, esp the latter, who although somewhat a landmark as the show's first gay character was still only a 3-month guest in 2004/2005. She and Sky were best friends, and she had a massive crush on her but while it teetered on the edge a couple of times they never actually became a couple, which I thought was a huge mistake. But lo and behold, Sky's apparently decided she quite likes going that way after all, and they've come back as a couple and actually got married yesterday.
Must admit, didn't see that coming.
Old 20th March 2020, 04:58 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

A list of ten shows to help you through isolation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51979285

1 - Survivors
2 - Day of the Triffids
3 - Threads
4 - The War Game
5 - The Walking Dead
Old 21st March 2020, 07:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

As Well as Dukes of hazard watching this.

Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.
Old 21st March 2020, 11:04 PM
Cult Master

622b79a9-f0f5-4773-b0ff-8d44ece611ae.jpg

This is on Netflix great documentary about the riots in LA back in 1992 after the trial of the cops who beat Rodney King. This really did a great job of showing all sides of this story. Some of the scenes were very brutal and it did not shy away from showing anything. There is no voice over just the voice of news reports and reporters out on the streets talking to people. Well worth a watch.

Like this? Share it using the links below!