All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th April 2020, 11:03 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
It ends like it was supposed to be only three seasons. I think they had plenty of warning it was going to end so they could write a proper ending!

It's a fantastic show!
I watched 6 episodes last night didnt want to stop brilliant show.
Justin101 and bleakshaun like this.
Old 8th April 2020, 09:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

Still bingeing 2004 Neighbours (sorry). Stingray is cracking me up. The scene where he's having breakfast with the Bishops was hilarious. Starts rubbing his foot on Serena's, she awkwardly moves away, he tries again and gets David, who think it's Liljana and starts grinning goofily at her, who looks at him utterly bewildered! 🤣

Both David and Lil are incredibly underrated, and both really funny too. I loved the scene where they're getting friendly in the surgery/lawyer reception area, and Lil says they'd better stop in case Karl catches them.

David: Doesn't he approve of messing around during work hours?

Lil: Oh no, he does... just not between married couples.

Ouch!
Old 9th April 2020, 10:57 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'm watching the first season of Vikings, a show I have wanted to watch for a long time. It's great stuff, really well researched, active, and with production values which give it a degree of realism.

I only have one episode left so I'll probably go straight onto the second season and binge watch the entire series.
Old 10th April 2020, 09:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Still on 2004 Neighbours (sorry if I'm boring anyone ). The stuff with Sky randomly running into the guy that shot Kerry (her mum), and the impact it's had on her, has been really strong and powerful. David's also been an absolute star of this too, with some intelligent characterisation of his and Kerry's sibling relationship (esp given I'm 99.9% sure we never actually saw them on screen together). It's also a very effective demonstration of how a long running show can really score with continuity (something Neighbours unfortunately fails at often by rewriting it, but not here), as this isn't just Sky's back story, this is something we actually saw happen 14 years earlier, which makes it even more powerful.
Old 13th April 2020, 04:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

SuperFriends2.jpg challenge-of-the-superfriends.jpeg.jpg
THE NEW SUPER FRIENDS/CHALLENGE OF THE SUPERFRIENDS (1978)

Season 3 of the Super Friends. The first segment is The New Super Friends. Continuing on the same format as the last season 'New Super Friends Hour' where the whole team are together for an adventure. (16 Episodes)

The second segment is The Challenge Of The Super Friends.
This awesome show added other heroes to the show including Hawkman and Green Lantern and 13 villains in Lex Luthor's Legion of Doom such as Cheetah and Black Manta. A comic book fans delight! (16 Episodes)
**The Wonder Twins were missing from these episodes.
Old 14th April 2020, 04:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Each trailer completely different .

Found this on Netflix I've never heard of it so thought I'd give it a whirl, usual tales of unexpected type of stories where there a twist at the end, each episode just under half a hour, family style that not aimed for adults but at same time not aimed for teenagers either, if you like just plain good old fashioned stories with a twist then recommended, so far im on episode 5 highly enjoying it.
Old 15th April 2020, 09:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

2004 Neighbours still (I swear I'll watch something else soon ).
Stingray streaking at Stu's inauguration as a cop.
It's also very funny how other characters, such as Sindi, have started saying stuff like 'caketaker' now.

Last one I saw was a corker. Everyone - well, 'cept Suse - knows that Izzy's pregnant now to Karl (well, that's what they think anyway), partially thanks to Sky. Boyd going off at Sky was not undeserved, though I don't blame her for just hating Izzy so much. Because Izzy is a ****.
Old 15th April 2020, 09:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
2004 Neighbours still (I swear I'll watch something else soon ).
Stingray streaking at Stu's inauguration as a cop.
It's also very funny how other characters, such as Sindi, have started saying stuff like 'caketaker' now.

Last one I saw was a corker. Everyone - well, 'cept Suse - knows that Izzy's pregnant now to Karl (well, that's what they think anyway), partially thanks to Sky. Boyd going off at Sky was not undeserved, though I don't blame her for just hating Izzy so much. Because Izzy is a ****.
Never watched neighbours ( but ones I have is a different story completely )
Or home and away, only soaps I've watched are Corrie and Brookside was miffed when they finished it, but my favourite soap is dove and detest EE I find it wrist slicing and each episode is like a who can shout the loudest and longest competition at each other.
iank likes this.
Old 15th April 2020, 09:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

I always liked the Aussie ones back in the day, and I'll confess to watching Falcon Crest as a kid and later on Melrose Place. I never got into the British ones, they always seemed a bit dour and dreary to me.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 16th April 2020, 12:57 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I wash my hands all the time so enough with the soap already my life meshuggah

Stefan Dennis played in a panto near us once, and we nearly went. Which is a shit anecdote to be fair

I've just found out I can get a boxset similar to the 70s Coronation St for the 60s ones. THAT I want. I have the first 12 episodes on VHS, and they are fascinating to watch.
Ahem.
As you were

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!