Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th April 2020, 09:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Still Neighbours 2004. I like Sky's new job at Grease Monkeys. Aside from meaning she doesn't have to work with Izzy anymore the 50s get-up is really very fetching on her. Much more flattering than some of the stuff she normally wears actually!*
Mind you, it is very funny that, in order to make the most of this new set, suddenly everyone seems to be eating there! The Coffee Shop will be going out of business at this rate.
Old 17th April 2020, 09:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

up to season four of The Simpsons, only another 26 seasons to go!

Watched the latest episode of of clone wars, easily the best episode this season and probably one of the best of the show, nicely setting things in motion for revenge of the sith and star wars rebels.

Forget Luke, Yoda, Obi Wan etc Ahsoka has to be my favourite Jedi by far.

Last edited by trebor8273; 17th April 2020 at 09:45 PM.
Old 18th April 2020, 04:49 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Mad Death (1983)

My first and only viewing of this was when it initially aired on BBC1 back in 1983. Now thanks to Simply Media i am able to own and watch it on dvd.

I was eleven years old had two loving dogs and was just about to go abroad for the very first time on holiday. It scared me witless.

The Mad Death is a gritty and unsettling three part drama about a rabies outbreak in Britain. Seen today some 37 years on in the midst of the Covid-19 outbreak it feels all too real once again. The first episode is particularly relevant as it shows the outbreak begin, the first victim, how the disease spreads animal to animal, person to person, contact tracing and the hallucinatory, surreal, grim as **** death in a hospital ICU.

The second and third episodes delve more into thriller territory as the lock down of animals begins and characters and grievances develop. Although not quite as ghoulish as the first episode we have many memorable scenes including hunting a rabid Alsatian in a shopping centre and the culling of escaped dogs by the army on the moors. The amount of dog shooting on screen was quite astonishing and it's unlikely we'd see the same level nowadays. As for the rabid dog attacks? Eat your heart out Cujo.

The acting is good, Richard Heffer as the vet in charge of limiting the outbreak and scientist Barbara Kellerman are both excellent and the production values especially on the moors where a whole army regiment seems to be on a dog killing spree.

In April 2020 The Mad Death remains terrifying, but for different reasons than it did back in the day.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 18th April 2020 at 05:33 PM. Reason: edited for spelling
Old 18th April 2020, 08:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Still Neighbours 2004. I like Sky's new job at Grease Monkeys. Aside from meaning she doesn't have to work with Izzy anymore the 50s get-up is really very fetching on her. Much more flattering than some of the stuff she normally wears actually!*
Mind you, it is very funny that, in order to make the most of this new set, suddenly everyone seems to be eating there! The Coffee Shop will be going out of business at this rate.
Sadly, Sky seems to be already wanting to quit that job. Shame. I'm sure Lana would have liked seeing her in that outfit, if nothing else.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 18th April 2020, 10:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

https-blogs-images.forbes.com-insertcoin-files-2019-02-doom1.jpg
DOOM PATROL SEASON 1

Another run through of this bat-shit crazy show that spun out of the TITANS TV series.
A fan boy moment for me was when Rita Farr wore an outfit similar to her comic book counterpart.
You know, it takes a lot to make me laugh out loud but the scene in which Flex Mentallo accidently makes all the Doom Patrol and everyone in the town have an orgasm is just so fracking funny.
Ha ha, roll on season 2 whenever that will arrive now.
Old 19th April 2020, 09:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

Still Neighbours 2004. Lana has arrived.*😍

In typical classic soap opera fashion, while she instantly hits it off with Serena when working together at the coffee shop, she barely meets Sky, and unfortunately still manages to unintentionally make a negative first impression on her by innocently saying Izzy seems cool but she's "not sure about the old guy" (i.e Harold, Sky's granddad!). Oh dear. Poor Lana. Foot in mouth disease.*

I think I'll take these a bit slower now rather than burning through them, and watch other things too (much to the relief of everyone on here, no doubt! ). This is the stuff I really wanted to see again, but I managed to find the rest of the season too so thought WTH. *

Have to point out the scene with Harold, who is largely over his stroke and back to normal now but still having the occasional out-of-character moment, talking at first negatively about women's lingerie and then going off and starting to wax lyrical. It's Max's reaction that had me ROFL. The look on his face as Harold starts going on about PVC underwear, and then he just slowly turns and walks away...
Demoncrat, bleakshaun and MrBarlow like this.
Old 21st April 2020, 10:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Started off Buffy season 7 again with the first four episodes. Enjoyed them all, though Same Time, Same Place is definitely the best. Though that ending with the demon thingy tearing strips of skin off a paralysed Willow's stomach and eating them is just oh my God.
Old 22nd April 2020, 03:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Tbh just watching alsorts of random things on YouTube, eg top 10 weirdest vids found on Darkweb or internet sites you shouldn't google just random owt and nowt, I dont know why even tho we on a lockdown and got all time in the world I just can't seem to sit down and watch a series or a film at the moment without getting restless or bored, only series I've watched during lockdown is red dwarf and penn and teller fool us.

Last edited by gag; 22nd April 2020 at 05:01 PM.
Old 22nd April 2020, 05:21 PM
Cult Addict

Starting the Midnight Gospel, God it feels like a Joe Rogan podcast with violence, or at least the first episode does.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 22nd April 2020, 09:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Back to Neighbours 2004. Lana is trying way too hard to fit in at her new school, and keeps on managing to put her foot in her mouth in front of Sky. Oh dear. Poor Lana.*

I've a feeling saying "poor Lana" is going to become a theme of these comments.
trebor8273 and bleakshaun like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!