Old 1st May 2020, 10:25 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
would recommend both

Ozark if you want something like breaking bad/ sopronoes and last Kingdom if you liked vikings.
I plan to begin watching Breaking Bad again tomorrow, love The Sopranos, and thought Vikings was very good, so I'll put those on my watch list for when I'm finished with the life and times of Walter White.
Old 2nd May 2020, 08:14 AM
Cult Veteran

For fans of Japanese auteur director Sion Sono, he's written and directed a new series for Netflix called Forest of Love. I don't want to give anything away about the plot but it begins when a horny young couple discover the corpse of a murdered person in the woods. Worth watching for sure, 7 episodes.
bleakshaun and MrBarlow like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 2nd May 2020, 08:23 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
For fans of Japanese auteur director Sion Sono, he's written and directed a new series for Netflix called Forest of Love. I don't want to give anything away about the plot but it begins when a horny young couple discover the corpse of a murdered person in the woods. Worth watching for sure, 7 episodes.
Not heard or seen this so googled it on various sites

Based on a true story

The Forest of Love is a Japanese crime film, written and directed by Sion Sono. The film is based on the murders, torture and extortion committed in Kyushu, Japan from the mid-1990s to the early 2000s by convicted serial killer Futoshi Matsunaga, who was sentenced to death. Matsanaga's accomplice was sentenced to life in prison.
Old 2nd May 2020, 01:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Just about to watch it, there 2 forest of love, one a film and forest of love deep cut the series .

The Forest of Love: Deep Cut was released on April 30, 2020 on Netflix. An extended cut. A 7 episode Limited series with an extra 2 hours and 15 minutes.[
Justin101 likes this.
Old 2nd May 2020, 06:14 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Just about to watch it, there 2 forest of love, one a film and forest of love deep cut the series .

The Forest of Love: Deep Cut was released on April 30, 2020 on Netflix. An extended cut. A 7 episode Limited series with an extra 2 hours and 15 minutes.[
That's the version I'm watching, is the film version on Netflix too?

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 2nd May 2020, 07:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
That's the version I'm watching, is the film version on Netflix too?
Yes, i looked into and it come on Netflix last october the series come on Thursday this week .
Justin101 likes this.
Old 2nd May 2020, 09:19 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Oh... yes yes yes, count me in, can't get enough of Sono
Justin101 likes this.
Old 2nd May 2020, 09:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

More Neighbours 2004 (sorry!). And... we're here. Lana finally plants one on Sky. I really can't blame her for thinking she's getting signals, frankly I think it too (albeit completely unconsciously on Sky's part). I mean, jeez, she's drawing secret pictures of Lana as a comic book hero, holding her hand, kissing her hand and then the whole couch wrestling thing lol... but of course Sky just looks at her gobsmacked, and Lana panics and bolts out of there like a frightened rabbit.

The subsequent "coming out" scene with (her cousin) Sindi is horrible to watch. Sindi is as understanding and supportive as you'd hope when Lana finally tells her the truth, but it just doesn't seem to get through the waves of guilt and shame and self-loathing she's putting out. And the next day she's either avoiding Sky or insisting the kiss was a meaningless joke.

Sky's not buying it, of course. One thing I've noticed watching this season is Sky's nervous habit of rubbing the back of her neck with her hand when she's worried. Well she must be really worried about Lana, because she's actually graduated to the full-on two-hand neck rub now!

I'm trying not to rush through these (and watch other things too, not least so I stop boring you lot to death!), but dang, it's difficult at the moment, it's just so addictive.
bleakshaun and MrBarlow like this.
Old 2nd May 2020, 10:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
Oh... yes yes yes, count me in, can't get enough of Sono
I've just googled him and tbh not seen anything by him please forgive me .
Old 3rd May 2020, 10:15 AM
Cult Acolyte

OIPRFAI5YFS.jpg
SHARPE'S HONOUR (1994)

1813. Sharpe is falsely accused of raping the Marquesa Dorada in a plot by Major Ducos. It is part of Ducos plan for a peace treaty with the king of Spain which will see the British forced to leave the country.
Sharpe is challenged to a dual by the husband of the Marquesa but the duel is interrupted. Later the husband is found dead and Sharpe is sentenced to death.
It was a ploy. Sharpe is alive and with the help of Sergeant Harper he goes to find the Marquesa..

Like this? Share it using the links below!