LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd June 2020, 10:16 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Definitely with you on this one Dave.
I loved the first series of SPACE 1999 at the time and still love it now ( Network’s Blu Ray set looks stunning ).
I loved the whole sense of wonder and mystery in that first series, combined with some terrific aliens. They also ramped up the horror aspect in a number of episodes ( The Troubled Spirit, Dragon’s Domain, Force Of Life etc ) which was also part of its appeal to me.
I couldn’t believe what I was seeing when the second series aired. What was a magnificent, mysterious and unsettling series became a rubber monster of the week kiddies show, with Maya as a get out clause every week.
I agree it was a bit faster paced, but it was awful.
The two parter Bringers of Wonder was my fave of the whole series. I remembered it as a child and thought it was great all those years later when i watched the dvd's. Those monsters freaked me out big time.

Old 27th June 2020, 08:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quite a variety of shows.

Eating History, 2 bloke find unopened food / drink from years ago as far back as almost 100yrs and find exactly how edible they still are, eating it and giving their verdict.

Hidden dangers, in Edwardian homes, pre war homes etc, each episode different era, when things were invented and why eg the bit by Thomas crapper invented , or how great asbestos was until years down the line they realised how lethal it is, or exactly how lethal electricity was because they didn't know the real dangers of not having insulation or circuit breakers.

Unexplained with William shatner. Not about ghost or UFO, more of mysteries eg why did a whole tribe spend 30 years plus building homes into the sand to only disappear suddenly one night and not return, Looking good for someone who almost 90.

When game shows go wrong, great delight in watching when things go wrong eg countdown and someone comes up with words like wankers, or the people on quiz shows giving answers that have no relation to the Q? Or why the jump got cancelled because most contestant hurt themselves to extent some were out of work for 6 month or over, entertaining gold at its best.

Curse of oak island, lots of documentaries on this 7 series each episode goes through the stages of oak island and the curses it have of the hidden treasure people have been trying to find for over 150yrs and still on going.
Old 27th June 2020, 10:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

clonewars-season7-ahsoka-flames-lightsabers.jpg
STAR WARS THE CLONE WARS SEASON 7

Another run through of terrific final season.
Episode 9 "Old Friends Not Forgotten" is where it really starts to kicks off.
Events running parallel to Episode III sees Ashoka facing off with Darth Maul and the Order 66 is given.
The animation of Ashoka is just awesome. Real human detail in her movements and actions.
What an emotional ending.

Guess it's time to start STAR WARS REBELS again now..
Old 28th June 2020, 12:01 AM
Cult Acolyte

Wicked Science: The Flies. The season 1 finale saw Toby de-genius both Elizabeth and himself, but left open that the latter still had the information on how to turn herself back. Season 2 picks up with everything apparently as it was, only to reveal that Elizabeth has already done so, and before long things are getting out of control . This is a fun, if unremarkable, start to season 2 that's just concerned with getting back to business as usual and setting up some new characters. Dina has gone (yay! She's supposedly moved away, but I like to think Elizabeth has her in a cage somewhere and occasionally pokes her with a stick ) and Toby has a new gal pal in Sasha. Making her his cousin is a clever move, giving them a pre-established relationship but removing any of that weird pseudo-romantic vibe he had with Dina (and, for obvious reasons, any of the jealousy Elizabeth had toward their relationship). We also have brother and sister Jack and Nikki. The latter doesn't do much here, though the former is almost instantly suspicious of the strange goings-on at this school . Interestingly, Elizabeth seems slightly different already; I'm not sure if it's the writing or just Bridget's performance, but she seems to be having a bit more fun and be a little less perpetually angry and stressed (she doesn't even yell at Verity or even Garth once the whole episode lol), while still clearly being vulnerable where Toby's concerned. An enjoyable beginning to a new season.
Old 28th June 2020, 08:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched the first two episodes of doom patrol season 2 just as bonkers and bizarre as the first season.

Watched the pilot episode of Perry Mason, here Mason is different character to what we have seen before , he's a recovering alcoholic and has stopped being a lawyer and is now a private eye, in the pilot episode he sets out investigating kidnapping of a baby that went terribly wrong. With Mason being a PI at this point and being set in 1932 it has a very film noir feel. Recommended.
nosferatu42 and bleakshaun like this.
Old 28th June 2020, 09:01 PM
Cult Veteran

I finally got around to watching The Mandalorian, it wasn't perfect but still great, starts off really strong and then there are a couple of episodes somewhere in the middle which weren't as good, but those last 2 eps were edge of the seat stuff! Looking forward to a second season if it's coming! Cancelled Disney+ though in the time being

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th June 2020, 09:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I finally got around to watching The Mandalorian, it wasn't perfect but still great, starts off really strong and then there are a couple of episodes somewhere in the middle which weren't as good, but those last 2 eps were edge of the seat stuff! Looking forward to a second season if it's coming! Cancelled Disney+ though in the time being
It's out September or October
Justin101 likes this.
Old 29th June 2020, 09:19 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've been watching the new series of Alan Bennett's Talking Heads and have one left. They are superbly written monologues and delivered by extremely accomplished and talented actors.

Fortunately, they are all available on iPlayer so you can watch them at a pace which suits you.
Old 30th June 2020, 05:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Watched the first two episodes of doom patrol season 2 just as bonkers and bizarre as the first season.
Just watched the first episode of season 2. Yeah, bat s**t crazy. Awesome!
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 4th July 2020, 11:43 PM
Cult Acolyte

Wicked Science: Sweet Dreams. When Sasha steals Elizabeth's thunder in a science project, she retaliates by making one of her nightmares come true. While this episode does make Elizabeth look even pettier than usual (now if that had been Dina, she'd have been gloating and lording it over her, but Sasha genuinely doesn't seem to be like that), this is still a really fun episode. It's interesting that the writers clearly have a plan in mind for the season, setting up new boy Jack as a possible antagonist so quickly as he continues to snoop around and even tries to create dissent in Elizabeth's ranks. And Elizabeth retaliates against Garth's attempt at rebellion by - er - giving him breasts! No, really!

Like this? Share it using the links below!