Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13813Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st July 2020, 12:55 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
Hannibal is on netflix so decide to give it a go.. gosh this series is DARK and Twisted - enjoying a lot so far
So yesterday I finally manage to finish season 3, amazing show.

I think season 3 drags a little, but season 2 ending it's worth to spend your time watching this.

Now I need to watch all the movies again..
Old 1st August 2020, 04:58 AM
Cult Rookie

Whistle and I'll Come to You is a 1968 BBC television ghost story for Christmas drama adaptation featuring Michael Hordern.

Quote:
A university professor, confident that everything which occurs in life has a rational explanation, finds his beliefs severely challenged when, during a vacation to a remote coastal village in Norfolk, he blows through an ancient cursed whistle discovered on a beach, awakening horrors beyond human understanding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg whistle.jpg (16.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 1st August 2020, 10:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched a couple of episodes of I love Lucy and has too be the some of the most unfunny shit , I've ever seen and Lucy is just very annoying . Don't know if it was always shit or it's aged badly.

talking Abbot and Costello bad here.

Back to Bewitched which is a few years later but is far superior and aged better than this.

Last edited by trebor8273; 2nd August 2020 at 08:39 AM.
Old 1st August 2020, 10:58 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Watched a couple of episodes of I love Lucy and has too be the some of the most unfunny shit , I've ever seen and Lucy is just very annoying . Don't if it was always shit or it's aged badly.
Had it been given away i wouldn't have accepted it.

Standard American sitcoms from that era sucked big time. The likes of Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie weren't exactly standard, not to my eyes anyway,
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 1st August 2020, 11:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

Standard American sitcoms from that era sucked big time.
It's going up on ebay, some one will buy it must be those who love it , just look at the reviews on Amazon no bad reviews about it about from problems with discs etc.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 1st August 2020, 11:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

Standard American sitcoms from that era sucked big time. The likes of Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie weren't exactly standard, not to my eyes anyway,
Watching both, but have too say enjoying bewitched more, does seem to have aged that little bit better and I did have a bit of a crush on Elizabeth Montgomery when I was it as a kid on channel 4!
Old 1st August 2020, 11:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Wicked Science: The Great Dork. Toby creates a time portal in his shed, and ends up unwittingly sending Russ back to the past while unleashing a caveman on the school. Probably the weakest episode of season 2 so far, not least because it takes way too long to get Elizabeth involved. It does get better in the second half, while it is interesting that we're on episode 6, and Elizabeth has only been the antagonist in the first 2 episodes, with Toby's experiments causing the trouble in 3 of the episodes so far. Elizabeth's reaction to finding the caveman is very funny - "I think he must be one of Toby's experiments... how cool!" - and she continues to be generally softer, including with Verity, who I don't think she's yelled at even once this whole season, and more adorably crazy than the complete nutjob she turned into in the second half of season 1.
trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 2nd August 2020, 12:14 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Watching both, but have too say enjoying bewitched more, does seem to have aged that little bit better and I did have a bit of a crush on Elizabeth Montgomery when I was it as a kid on channel 4!
Still have a bit of a crush for Elizabeth Montgomery, it wasn't just her nose she could make twitch.

Demoncrat, trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 3rd August 2020, 05:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished season two of umbrella academy. Excellent even better than the first season.
bleakshaun and MrBarlow like this.
Old 3rd August 2020, 10:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Secret Army: Russian Roulette. Albert tries to take over the line as the Resistance reels in the wake of Lisa's death. A very fine episode, and while I was less than thrilled with the manner of Jan Francis' exit at least they don't skip over the impact it has on the other characters. German officer Brandt being approached to become part of a conspiracy to assassinate Hitler and subjugate the SS is a thoroughly gripping twist, while the "garden party" for "friends" hosted by Kessler is "holy f**k this guy is completely f*****g insane" chilling. Great stuff.

Like this? Share it using the links below!