Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

trebor8273 20th August 2020 09:34 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrlYLTVqMeI

Mork and Mindy season one.

Pilot.

Mork is sent from Ork too study earth it's people and customs. He meets Mindy. Henry Winkler guests stars as the Fonz.

Mork move in.

Mork moves in with Mindy which doesn't sit well with her father.

Mork runs away.

After ruining Mindy's date Mork runs away and ends up making friends with Exidor who becomes a show regular.

Mork falls in love.

Mork falls in love, one big problem the object of his affectionate is mannequin.

Mork's seduction

A high school friend of Mindy's who blames her for taking her boy friend , seduces Mork.

Mork Goes public.

Mork plans to turn himself and emit he is an alien to get a 25,000 reward to help out Mindy and her farther.

To tell the truth.

More learns about lying and why in some instances you should lie. We also find out that mork can bring someone who has recently died back from the dead.

It's must of been amazing for the cast , crew and studio audience as Robin Williams would go off script all the time and he was that good and his ad lib stuff was usual better than what was written. A total legend and it was a sad day when he passed.

MrBarlow 21st August 2020 11:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Smallville: Season 1.

After a meteor shower hits the town of Smallville, something else arrived with it that a farmer and his wife The Kents kept a secret. 12 years later their adopted son Clark begins to find out their secret and why he can't be hurt and his new friendship with a rich man's son Lex after a accident and why people seem to be effected by green rocks differently.

I decided after a clear out of stuff to re-watch this first season after so many years and enjoy it more this time round than the last time i watched it, forgot how many familiar faces were in this season including Amy Adams who later appeared in Man of Steel and some of the songs that appeared in the episodes.

Attachment 227181

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd August 2020 11:26 AM

I thought Smallville was superb. Best superhero show ever featuring in Michael Rosenbaum the best Lex Luthor ever.

Dave Boy 22nd August 2020 01:26 PM

I used to watch Smallville on Channel 4. I never saw the whole series though for some reason. I think I may have watched to Season 5.
There was a lot of good shows going around at that time and a lot of conventions. I remember a mate going to San Diego Comic Con I think it was and meeting Kristin Kreuk.

I always remember these scenes when Smallville is brought up. Strange huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PbD1ny7p9w

iank 22nd August 2020 11:26 PM

Wicked Science: Misty. Elizabeth overhears Toby confessing to a fantasy of being a cowboy and endeavours to make it come true by trapping him in a Wild West VR simulation and then putting herself in it as a damsel in distress for him to rescue. This is a really fun episode, with a bit of a "Woah!" moment near the end as Toby comes within a millimetre of actually kissing Elizabeth, only for them to be dragged out of the game by his friends, after which he immediately pretends nothing happened. :rolleyes: Elizabeth is obviously initially hurt, though later tells Verity the game was "promising".

Best line, though, comes after Elizabeth first appears in the game as the damsel in distress (Bridget looking very fetching in her cowgirl outfit :loveeyes: ) :

Toby: You trap me in this thing against my will, and then expect me to rescue you? What kind of sick, twisted mind comes up with that?!

Elizabeth: Mine!

Well, at least she admits it... :lol:

Dave Boy 23rd August 2020 01:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 227199
BUCK ROGERS IN THE 25TH CENTURY SEASON ONE (1979-1980)

Ran through this show again. I remember quite well lying in front of the TV watching the show every week. This is great fun though none of the episodes could really match up to the TV movie pilot which was released theatrically. Universal had done the same with the Battlestar Galactica pilot in 1978.
The opening episode 'The Awakening' is basically the theatrical cut with a few alterations though it is the theatrical cut that appears on the UK DVDs for this pilot. The show featured one of my school boy crushes in Princess Ardala (Pamela Hensley).

My autographs..

Attachment 227200

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd August 2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 633691)
Attachment 227199
BUCK ROGERS IN THE 25TH CENTURY SEASON ONE (1979-1980)

The show featured one of my school boy crushes in Princess Ardala (Pamela Hensley).

I think i ruined my eyesight ogling her on my Viewmaster back in the day,

Nice autographs by the way.

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd August 2020 01:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Any excuse... ;)

MrBarlow 23rd August 2020 02:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Smallville: Season 2.

After twisters arrive and devastate the town of Smallville, the Kent's manage to keep Clark's secret from the world after a reporter knows their secret. Johnathan still hesitant about Lex, Whitney has decided to join the marines leaving Clark and Lana to get close and Chloe seems sidelined. Pete is told Clark's secret that comes with alot of perks and we find out what Red Kryptonite does to the superhero teen and what do the caves reveal when they are discovered under a Luthorcorp building site.

This was a nice follow up to the previous season and does include more about the meteor rocks and they prolonged effect of exposure. John Glover makes more appearances as the ruthless Lionel Luthor. Christopher Reeve makes a small appearance as Dr. Swann who helps Clark find some answers and a nice closing speech to the season from Jor-el voiced by Terrence Stamp.

Attachment 227202

gag 23rd August 2020 03:21 PM

Level up on Netflix,

It’s all about the gaming industry when it first started, different stages from gaming competition, nintendo, sega etc, the marketing strategy boasting sales, where ideas came from, background story of sonic the hedgehog, RPG games, how makers of Donkey kong tried to get sued it’s a interesting watch, 6 episodes and I’m about to start episode 5.