All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd August 2020, 04:36 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I recently watched all three seasons of The Fall. I watched the first season when it was on TV about 10 years ago and enjoyed it despite feeling somewhat unfulfilled when it finished. I've no. I have no idea why I didn't watch the second and third seasons but I'm very glad I caught up with them on Netflix because they make the story and characters much more interesting and bring offence to a fairly satisfactory dénouement.

Before that, I watched The Umbrella Academy, a show I thoroughly enjoyed and will probably rewatch next month because there is a lot I think I either missed or will appreciate malt with a second viewing. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend you added to your watchlist.

I also watched Mrs. America, a superbly performed and engrossing dramatisation of the movement to pass and ratify the Equal Rights Amendment in the US during the 1970s, and the opposition against the movement. There are brilliant performances from a cast including Cate Blanchett, , Rose Byrne, Uzo Aduba, John Slattery, Sarah Paulson, Tracey Ullman, and Elizabeth Banks. It's a very good miniseries which is worth watching whether or not you have any interest in or knowledge about US politics.

Old 24th August 2020, 06:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Smallville: Season 3.

Clark is on a small crime spree as Kal, Lex has been stranded on a island after being betrayed by his new wife, when they return to Smallville they try to move on but secrets that should be hidden in the Luthor family begin to surface with the help of Chloe and mob boss Morgan Edge. When Lex slowly uncovers a few things Lionel has him committed to Belle Reeve Sanatorium, Johnathan has made a deal with Jor-El that may come with a consequence. Can Lionel orchestrate his revenge on those while in prison? Clark has to deal with being blind which sharpens another ability...his hearing.

This season started off good then slided down a few episodes then came back with a good punch and how they tried to deal with a mental health issue that Michael Rosenbaum played out well as Lex. Throughout the films Lex does talk about his father was and John Glover plays Lionel well and as manipulative as he is made out to be. Rutger Hauer and Patrick Bergin play the role of Morgan very well as Michael McKean turns up as a drunk Perry White trying to find the Kent's secret and falls short.

91ffFyuGqjL._SY445_.jpg
Old 24th August 2020, 07:03 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

How are you watching a season of Smallville a day. 24 episodes a series

24 x 40 mins = 960

960 / 60 = 16 hours. Do you basically have eight hours sleep then watch Smallville the rest of the time?
Old 25th August 2020, 02:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
How are you watching a season of Smallville a day. 24 episodes a series

24 x 40 mins = 960

960 / 60 = 16 hours. Do you basically have eight hours sleep then watch Smallville the rest of the time?
Not exactly 8 hours I can survive on 5 hours hours per day.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 25th August 2020, 03:17 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Not exactly 8 hours I can survive on 5 hours hours per day.
That's a serious dedication to a TV show – chapeau!
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 25th August 2020, 04:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That's a serious dedication to a TV show – chapeau!
I was the same when I binged watched NCIS and family guy one season per day
Old 25th August 2020, 08:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

House season one. 1-10

Pilot

A kindergarten teacher collapses it's up House and his team to see what's wrong before she dies.

Rebecca Adler is the name of the teacher , see what they did there with this being a medical version of Sherlock Holmes. The teacher is played by Robin Tunney.

Paternity.

The team gets to find out what's wrong with which school student who is suffering from night terrors. Cuddy makes House take clinic cases.

Occams razor

A young man collapses after sex and is steadily getting worse, in clinic duty deal with a young man whom.has stuck a Mp3 player up his bum!

Maternity

after two babies become ill House believes their is epidemic, Cuddy and the rest of the stuff don't believe him until more babies become ill then it's a race against time to find out what's wrong.

Damned if you do.

House and his team take on a case of a young Nun.

The Socratic Method

A 38 year old woman is believed to be a alcoholic and schizophrenia, who is being looked after by her 15 year old son is House and his team latest case.

Fidelity

The latest case is a woman who is showing all the signs of African sleeping sickness, but both her and her husband say she's never been abriad.

Poison

A young man collapses at School and treating him is made difficult by his overbearing mother. In the clinic a 85 year old woman comes on to House.

DNR

House and Foreman come too loggerheads in the treatment of a famous jazz musician , things really heat up and Foreman thinks of leaving after House ignores a DNR.

Histories

A delusional homeless woman passes out in a rave house. Foreman believes she is faking and lying and is not worth treating , House fakes being ill to get out of clinic duty.

Forgotten what a great show this is,thanks largely too Hugh Laurie, who would ever think that after blackadder and Jeeves and Wooster Laurie would end up a sex symbol!
Old 26th August 2020, 01:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Smallville: Season 4.

Lex survived his brush with death and has found a relic with a crystal in it, Lana is in Paris and meets Jason Teague, when Lana returns to Smallville her personality has changed. Clark returns in a bolt of lightning only to be found by Lois Lane who is looking for her cousin Chloe who perished in a fire...so it seems, and someone in Smallville finds out about Clark's secret. Lionel is somewhat freed from prison and seems a changed man but can the Luthors be trusted and why is everyone interested in the three missing crystals. Smallville had one meteor shower and Clark arrived, there is about to be another and what will arrive this time??

This season was interesting as it explores the use of Black Kryptonite and how it can be helpful at times, I wasn't keen on the prolonged use of the witch story that did seem to drag on for a bit but was nice to see Jane Seymour be a total bitch towards the end. Margot Kidder had a nice little small role in some episodes as her character worked with Dr. Swann ( RIP Christopher Reeve, who died during this season). At some phase we do see the darker side of Lex come out and we know what to expect.

513BAP0HQJL._AC_SX342_.jpg
Old 26th August 2020, 06:26 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 26th August 2020, 06:29 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Back in the day when the Beeb showed decent films......
nosferatu42 and MrBarlow like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!