Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th August 2020, 08:34 AM
Cult Acolyte

That was great. The end of Race With The Devil as well.
What a time capsule. I would have been lying on the floor watching that 39 years ago.
Old 27th August 2020, 04:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Smallville: season 5.

Clark combined the three crystals which lead him to the North Pole, where he is given a choice and disobeys Jor-el and becomes human, after a near death experience his powers are returned with a life for a life scenario. Lionel knows the truth about Clark and Chloe reveals she has known aswell, Can Clark trust them both. Lex is still determined to find the truth about Clark and is stopped but his inquisitive mind still goes. Two new heroes turn up Arthur "A.C" Curry and Vincent "Cyborg" Stone who Clark helps with their troubles on land and in the water. After Jonathan's old friend a senator steps back from running, he puts Jonathan forward until tragedy strikes and Martha becomes a candidate and meets a friend in Lionel and what secret does new professor Milton Fine hide.

This one was interesting as it is revealed who came out of the spacecraft that landed after the meteor shower and the ship containing a letter that may be familiar to notice. James Marsters appears as Professor Fine who adapts the role well and seems to be another Kryptonian...or is he? I liked how they introduced the silver kryptonite and the side effects and another student finding another use for the meteor rock and the side effects of it's use.
RIP Jonathan Kent.

518KWqjrvzL.jpg
Old 27th August 2020, 08:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Rewatching/marathonning Would I Lie To You? at the moment. It's very funny, and very easy to watch.
Old 27th August 2020, 09:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been rewatching inside no 9, Absolutely cracking tv series dark humour with a twist doesn’t get any better than this.
Ps it’s been commissioned for another 2 series .
Old 28th August 2020, 11:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been binge watching cobra kai since both series are now available on Netflix, a lot of tv series spin off tend to suck, I think they’ve done a great job on this, and also kept original actors as well.
Old 29th August 2020, 10:52 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Been binge watching cobra kai since both series are now available on Netflix, a lot of tv series spin off tend to suck, I think they’ve done a great job on this, and also kept original actors as well.

I watched all the first season last night and will watch the second tonight, absolutely loved it
Justin101 and nosferatu42 like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 29th August 2020, 11:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Wicked Science: Catch Me If You Can. Jack sets Toby up on a date with his sister - purely to get him out of the way while he breaks into his shed and steals one of his inventions. Meanwhile Elizabeth creates an invisibility device purely to spy on Toby... This is an okay episode. The developing problem with Jack continues to be interesting, but the Toby/Nikki thing rather less so. And while invisible Elizabeth messing with Toby on his date is amusing, this plot device does mean we get rather too little of Bridget in this one for my taste...
bleakshaun and MrBarlow like this.
Old 30th August 2020, 09:54 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rewatched Curry & Chips

A new employee rattles the status quo at a factory. Hilarious and daring, I also revisited the Garnett episodes featuring this character.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 31st August 2020, 08:31 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Thickies

Phil Smith : There's no happiness without order. It's a Nazi quote, but nonetheless stands the test of time....

Re-watching The Thick of It, although not even this or Veep is as hilarious as the actual politicians,on either sides of the pond...

Old 31st August 2020, 12:56 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I began watching the third season of Dark last night. It's an excellent German show on Netflix about a small town where children have disappeared. Saying much more would risk spoilers; suffice to say it is compelling viewing and something I'll probably watch again when I finished because I know there are things I've missed/misinterpreted.

When I don't have an hour available, I am watching the ~20 minute-long episodes of I Am Not Okay With This. It's from the director of The End of the F***ing World and the producers of Stranger Things (it feels like a combination of shows) and features Sophia Lillis (Beverly Marsh in the IT films) as an awkward high schooler who is struggling with the consequences of her father's suicide and some burgeoning superpowers.

Like this? Share it using the links below!