Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st August 2020, 01:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I'm pretty mad that Netflix has cancelled I Am Not Okay With This even though they had season 2 booked. They're not even going to film it now citing Covid... I thought it was really good show.

I've been meaning to watch Dark ever since the first trailer dropped, I should get around to that soon

As for me, I've been watching Friday Night Dinner, never seen it before but I really like it!!
trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 31st August 2020, 01:19 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'm pretty mad that Netflix has cancelled I Am Not Okay With This even though they had season 2 booked. They're not even going to film it now citing Covid... I thought it was really good show.
Ugh, that's disappointing. I'm only halfway through the first season and thought it had all the ingredients of something that would run for several seasons.
Old 1st September 2020, 08:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Season one.

Give me a ring some time.

Welcome to the bar where everyone knows your name.

In the pilot we are introduced to the regulars of the bar. Bar owner Sam, snooty and snoby Diane, hot tempered waitress Carla, know it all postie Cliff , dim witted coach and of course Norm!

Here Diane is going allows elope with her university professor but he leaves her at the bar and and goes back to his wife and so begins the story of two people who should never get together !

Coach's Daughter.

We find out Coach has a daughter and is about to be married but her husband to be is a complete pig.

Sam's Women

Diane makes fun of Sam's choice in women.

Sam at 11.

Sam is going to be interviewed by a local sports reporter (played by Hunter himself Fred Dryer)

Any Friends of Diane

A friend of Dianes who has been dumped takes a interest in Sam making Diane
jealous.

Friends, Romans, accountants

Norm throws a party for work at Cheers, when his boss comes on to strong
to Diane and Norm stops him, he gets fired.

Truce or Consequences

Sam sick of Carla and Diane constant fighting tells them to make up and get on together , this leads to Carla getting her drunk and tell her the lie that Sam is the farther her youngest child , knowing she will let it slip.

Coach returns to action

Coach and Sam are interested in the same woman.

Endless Slumper

Sam has a streak of bad luck when he gives what he believes is a lucky bottle cap to a ball player down on his luck.

One from the Book.

Diane takes notes on pearls of wisdom from cheers and the gang help a old timer whos old army company have not turned up for a reunion.

The Spy Who Came in for Cold One

A man turns up in the bar who says he's a spy and tells tall tales, the gang just think he's a lonely person but is he?

Now Pitching Sam Malone

Sam is approached by a talent agent who gets him acting jobs on tv commercials, but is uneasy as the talent agent just see Sam as a sex object.

Let me count the Ways

Diana's is upset when her pussy dies but the gang don't seem to care.

Farther Knows Last.

When Carla gets pregnant by her ex she tricks another man in too believing it's his.

The Boys in the Bar.

When a friend of writes a book coming out , the regulars show there bigoted side when they think the bar wil attracted gay customers and tell Sam they will leave it this happens.

Diana's perfect Date.

Sam and Diane set each up on a blind date, but Sam thinking it's all a set up and only Diane will turn up , has to find a date at the last minute when she brings his date, the guy Sam find has just came out of prison for murder.

No Contest

Diane is entered without her knowledge in the Miss Boston barmaid contest.

Pick a con

When coach is fleeced out of his money by a con man Sam and the others inlist the help of another conman.

Someone Single, Someone Blue

Diane has to find a husband is the next 24 hours or her mother will lose all her money.

Showdown part one and two

Sam very successful good looking brother comes to visit and Diane takes a interest in him and has to decide if she wants the life she always wanted with Sam's brother or stay with Sam.

Last edited by trebor8273; 1st September 2020 at 09:43 PM.
Old 1st September 2020, 08:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Red Dwarf: The Promised Land. After 30 years, the crew of the Red Dwarf finally run into other members of the Cat race - who are on the run from vicious feral Cats that have turned against the teachings of Chloister the Stupid. This year's feature length special is a fun romp, if possibly a little too long (there's an action-oriented midsection that's fairly dry on laughs and could have been cut down). It's nice to see Holly again, and Normal Lovett actually gets more to do here than in the whole of season 8, getting to play Back Up Holly who's back to Factory Settings and is rather cold and aloof, before eventually returning to the more familiar, friendly barely-competent version. As with most of the Dave series, this Dwarf never really matches up to the show's glory days, but is rarely less than fun and remains by far the least offensive and most watchable of all the "revivals/reboots" of classic shows we've had to endure in recent times.
Old 3rd September 2020, 04:11 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I watched the first series of Mayans M.C. this week.

Set in the same fictional universe and four years after Sons of Anarchy this tells of the Sons rivals turned allies the Mayans Motorcycle Club who operate near the US/Mexico border.

Unlike Sons which really centred on the club and it's structure, Mayans not only takes in the club and new'prospect' Ezekiel "EZ" Reyes (JD Pardo) but also a drug cartel and the Mexican Los Olvidados outlaw group hiding out in the hills.

One or two characters return from the original series but in the main it's all new and in truth took a bit of getting used to because it was so similar yet so different, but come the half way point i was thoroughly engrossed and desperate for more as the end credits rolled on the final episode.

If like me you were a fan of Sons of Anarchy then i highly recommend Mayans M.C.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A18RJW5qy4L._RI_.jpg (100.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 3rd September 2020, 08:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Kojak season one (1-4)

Siege of Terror.

A robbery of a armoured car goes wrong and turns into a hostage situation. It's up too Kojak bring a end to it and proving he has balls as big as his big bald head. Harvey Keitel plays the leader of the robbers.

Web of death

A police detective ( hector elizondo) kills a high priced lawyer as find out that the lawyer was having affair with his wife.

One for the Morgue

When a mobster is shot, Kojak is not convinced that the people arrested are responsible even with multiply witness.

Knockover.

Kojak investigates the murder of a young woman who's body is found in a park, a very expensive diamond ring is found on her hand which is strange as the girl was poor.
Old 3rd September 2020, 09:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Also rewatched first series of Reginald Perrin (ORIGINAL). Rossiter a master craftsman. Prove me wrong.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th September 2020, 11:20 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I watched the first series of Mayans M.C. this week.

Set in the same fictional universe and four years after Sons of Anarchy this tells of the Sons rivals turned allies the Mayans Motorcycle Club who operate near the US/Mexico border.

Unlike Sons which really centred on the club and it's structure, Mayans not only takes in the club and new'prospect' Ezekiel "EZ" Reyes (JD Pardo) but also a drug cartel and the Mexican Los Olvidados outlaw group hiding out in the hills.

One or two characters return from the original series but in the main it's all new and in truth took a bit of getting used to because it was so similar yet so different, but come the half way point i was thoroughly engrossed and desperate for more as the end credits rolled on the final episode.

If like me you were a fan of Sons of Anarchy then i highly recommend Mayans M.C.
I was very excited about this one, after the flop of the other tvshow Kurt had done that I don't recall the name.. the first two episodes didn't push me trough the show, but maybe I will give another go if you Highly Recommend
Old 4th September 2020, 11:54 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
I was very excited about this one, after the flop of the other tvshow Kurt had done that I don't recall the name.. the first two episodes didn't push me trough the show, but maybe I will give another go if you Highly Recommend
As i said it took a bit of getting used to which is perhaps what happened with you first time round. Although i did watch the first three episodes back to back to get into it.
Old 4th September 2020, 02:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Smallville: Season 6.

Lex is the vessel of Zod and trying to turn Metropolis into a new Krypton, Clark is banished to the phantom zone and is released and allowed phantoms to escape each have powers as Clark. After releasing Zod to the phantom zone, Clark develops a cold and a new ability, super breath just hope he doesn't have any garlic. Oliver Queen shows up and manages to get a date with Lois, he also hides a persona and recruits Aquaman, Cyborg, and the flash, can he recruit Clark to join. Lex and Lana move on with their relationship which takes a darker turn and what is the secret of 33.1 and who is helping Clark dispose of the phantoms. Chloe seems to have settled in at the Daily Planet and keeping secrets, and seems to be taking a liking to photographer Jimmy Olsen.

As this season goes on it does seem to get darker like Lex Luthor's personality and his obsession with people effected by the meteor showers. I liked how they phantoms have different abilities on earth and how they can be tough and also manipulative to those around them. Wwe superstars Batista, Kane and Diva Ashley make a small appearance.

v1.dDs1NjAyODtqOzE4NTQwOzEyMDA7MTc1OzIzOQ.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!