Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th September 2020, 08:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Absolutely love still game, seen them all twice a show I could never get bored off and always makes me chuckle, they did the right thing and quit while ahead it was very slowly going downhill but still had a lot of good moments, best thing is a lot of my friends and me actually talk to each other like that, visited a friend few week back and was browsing his netflix and noticed he had still game in his favourites, asked him what he thought of it and he said it’s his all time favourite comedy show, and then we sat there and watched a couple of episodes.
I was planning watching Airwolf after Smallville, but i havent seen Still Game for ages so came across the boxset, plenty laughter and hiccups to follow
Demoncrat and trebor8273 like this.
Old 13th September 2020, 09:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Still Game: Season 2.

Gairden: After neds make a mess of the park, Winston decides to do the roof of Osprey Heights as a garden, while Jack and Victor's friend Ronnie is committed after being in George's Square in his undies.

Wummin: Winston has a bad knee and gets home help who doubts his pain, Bert who lost his wife, Jack and Victor try to pull him back up, which results in Jack and a bed pan don't mix.

Doacters: Tam and Winston compete for the attention of a librarian. After bumping into a old friend Stuart who is on a new Yankee medication, Jack and Victor decide they want to try it.

Brief: Victor decides to buy a car with the help of Jack who is thinking it is a taxi and thinking he has a bargain turns out to be more expensive.

Tappin: A money lender is town, Isa thinks Jack and Victor have tapped him when they have new clothes, Tam and Winston go head to head in golf with a few Neds.

Scran: Navid goes away leaving Jack and Victor in charge of the shop, Vince Gallagher (The Poisoner of Craigland) to some, returns in a fresh rolls van has he got competition from Navid's shop.

Buntin: A fox in Craigland sends Navid, Shug and Winston onto a covert operation behind the shop. Pete the Jakey has cleaned up and now being a bodyguard for the local council member with the new community center opening.

Shooglies: Celebrating 60 years of friendship Jack and Victor go to the high street and bump into the guy who brought them together but is he says who he is?

Dug: Isa's estranged husband Harry re-appears, Isa convinces Winston to be her boyfriend, Victor as won a toy mechanical dog that he feels is depressed and Jack plans a trip to Canada to see his daughter can he leave Victor on his own after Victor is let down by his son.
Old 14th September 2020, 01:21 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Still Game: Season 3.

Hoaliday: Jack and Victor are in Canada having a holiday, when they are back, the Clansman are having a competition on who has got the naffest gift.

Swottin: Jack and Victor bored and not doing much decide to take a course at the college on First Aid. Boabby the barman take ins are at a low and decides to try a pub quiz night.

Cairds: The lads decide to have a card night, Old Joe decides to but up his new disabled buggy as collateral and looses it to Tam. Jack and Victor decide to come up with a plan for Joe to win it back.

Big Yin: The Neds of Craigland are playing havoc so the lads decide to contact Big Innes, who is allergic to Midouri, meanwhile Winston decides to get a job at a supermarket and has to deal with a store bully.

Oot: Archie the local hermit is moving to Osprey Heights while Jack and Victor try to help him with the outside world. Winston decides on a new T.V. but they are expensive so decides to build his own.

Aff: Victor fakes a illness to get his son to come and visit him, Isa is told by a psychic she will get hit by a car and everyone makes a joke of it. Things look grim for Winston and his foot as it has no circulation and will loose his foot.
Old 14th September 2020, 01:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Still Game: Season 3.

Hoaliday: Jack and Victor are in Canada having a holiday, when they are back, the Clansman are having a competition on who has got the naffest gift.

Swottin: Jack and Victor bored and not doing much decide to take a course at the college on First Aid. Boabby the barman take ins are at a low and decides to try a pub quiz night.

Cairds: The lads decide to have a card night, Old Joe decides to but up his new disabled buggy as collateral and looses it to Tam. Jack and Victor decide to come up with a plan for Joe to win it back.

Big Yin: The Neds of Craigland are playing havoc so the lads decide to contact Big Innes, who is allergic to Midouri, meanwhile Winston decides to get a job at a supermarket and has to deal with a store bully.

Oot: Archie the local hermit is moving to Osprey Heights while Jack and Victor try to help him with the outside world. Winston decides on a new T.V. but they are expensive so decides to build his own.

Aff: Victor fakes a illness to get his son to come and visit him, Isa is told by a psychic she will get hit by a car and everyone makes a joke of it. Things look grim for Winston and his foot as it has no circulation and will loose his foot.
Ya flying through these pretty quick.
Old 14th September 2020, 02:03 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Ya flying through these pretty quick.
Goes to show how much of a busy night i'm having at work , Sunday's are usually peaceful, besides the episodes are about 25 mins long.
Demoncrat and trebor8273 like this.

Last edited by MrBarlow; 14th September 2020 at 02:15 AM.
Old 14th September 2020, 05:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Season 4.

This season we see the entrance of Woody played by Woody Harrelson, who replaces Coach as the actor playing him passed away filming season 3.

Last season Sam tried to stop the wedding between Diane and Frasier , but was unsuccessful as she had already dumped Fraiser.

Months later we find out Diane has checked into a nunnery after dumping Frasier and going on a debauched tour of Europe .

Sam ends up dating council woman Janet Eldrige (Kate Mulgrew) much do Dianes disapproval. Frasier slowly falls into alcoholism. The season ends with Sam phoning a unknowing person and asking them to marry him.

Cheers season 5

We find out it's Diane who Sam rung and she turns down his proposal, but later changes her mind which Sam says no too.

Diane pester Sam and he proposes again and once again she says no, so after Sam loses his temper they end up in court and proposes once again and she says yes. They buy a house and about to get married when Diane gets a offer to get a unfinished book published . Both Sam and Diane decide to call the wedding of much to the delight of Carla and Frasier, Diane says she will return in 6 months , but Sam knows he wouldn't she her again( we do she her one final time in 6 years for the final episode)

This season Frasier meets future wife Lilith Sternin this season. Norm gets involved in a new business venture , Carla finds love and Cliff is bit by a Dog.

I was glad too see the back of Diane by this season their relationship had run it's course and she became increasingly annoying this season and you really wanted Sam to strangle her at times!

Last edited by trebor8273; 14th September 2020 at 06:24 PM.
Old 14th September 2020, 06:29 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I watched all 10 episodes of Cobra Kai season 2 last night its fantastic so many great nods to the original film some subtle some more obvious but never forgetting its roots. Johnny Lawrence is bloody awesome and so relatable on so many levels a man struggling to adapt to the modern world of technology and social media longing for a simpler time of listening to rock music driving muscle cars riding motororbikes hanging out with his friends and picking up hot babes oh and kicking ass. To be honest Daniel is a big of an asshole in this but then he redeems himself and the next minute he is an asshole again its a real roller coaster with him. The young cast for the most part a great too but Hawk gets on my tits big time

8/10 both seasons.
Old 14th September 2020, 07:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I watched all 10 episodes of Cobra Kai season 2 last night its fantastic so many great nods to the original film some subtle some more obvious but never forgetting its roots. Johnny Lawrence is bloody awesome and so relatable on so many levels a man struggling to adapt to the modern world of technology and social media longing for a simpler time of listening to rock music driving muscle cars riding motororbikes hanging out with his friends and picking up hot babes oh and kicking ass. To be honest Daniel is a big of an asshole in this but then he redeems himself and the next minute he is an asshole again its a real roller coaster with him. The young cast for the most part a great too but Hawk gets on my tits big time

8/10 both seasons.
Loved how it kept original cast, storyline tying in with originals films, and not just some spin off, I think they’ll both join together to get rid off kreese and realise how stupid they’ve been carrying a grudge after all these years, or something to that effect.
trebor8273 and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 14th September 2020, 07:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Loved how it kept original cast, storyline tying in with originals films, and not just some spin off, I think they’ll both join together to get rid off kreese and realise how stupid they’ve been carrying a grudge after all these years, or something to that effect.
That's what I think. Daniel really needs to get his head out of his ass as he is complete dick at times, while Johnny is trying to get on with his life but Daniel can't and won't get over the past.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 14th September 2020, 07:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Still Game: Season 4.

Kill Willie: Winston gets his new leg from the hospital and doesn't turn out well as he thought with nice painted toe nails. Old Willie starts seeing the new woman Rena from the cafe, Isa thinks she is the black widow of Craigland.

Wireless: Tam manages to get a time share holiday for free and asks Jack and Victor to stand in for him as hospital DJ and become popular until a patient asks for a certain record to be played unaware why he asked for it.

Dial-A-Bus: Jack and Victor decide to make use of a Dial a Bus service until Davie the driver flips out and takes them hostage. Boabby the barman decides to have a day off and the brewery send in a temp Matt, Winston takes advantage of it.

Ring: Tam decides to propose to Frances the librarian, Winston is the best man, after showing the ring to Jack and Victor, Jack does a magic trick and accidentally swallows it, can he pass the ring before the wedding. Navid decides to sell out the shop to a Spire chain that doesn't go well.

Hatch: Jack gets satellite TV, Victor makes use of it and avoid Isa on the landing decide to create a hatch between the two flats. When Isa has a nosey at them and gets the wrong idea, everyone thinks they are a gay couple.

Who's The Daddy: The Clansman is under threat and may be sold for a property developer who wants to build cottages in the memory of his late mother, Jack, Victor and Winston believe that one of them may be the developers dad

Like this? Share it using the links below!