Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th September 2020, 09:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Susan Foreman likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 18th September 2020, 12:02 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
SHARPE'S MISSION (1996)

Attachment 227795

1813. Sharpe is assigned a mission to blow up a store of French gunpowder.
Sharpe is teamed with Col Brand, a brave hero from a few years before.
A gypsy girl recognises Brand as being in a secret meeting with the French and killing her family..

This episode was not based on a Bernard Cornwell book. It is a new original story but fits in fine and is just as good as the others in the series.
I finished Sharpe myself a fortnight ago and never realised Sharpe's Mission wasn't based on a Cornwell book.

Unlike Sharpe's Justice which was obvious that it was a quickie to fill up the episode quotas. It was still enjoyable but didn't move the story along at all and if it was removed from the series you'd never know. However it was interesting that Sharpe returned home and home was less than ten miles from me... i thought it would have been south Yorkshire, as in Sheffield.
Old 18th September 2020, 10:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well, I watched The Boys series 2, or the four that I found anyhow. Lawdy lawdy, what a carry on. MORE PLEASE.
Dave Boy and bleakshaun like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 18th September 2020, 10:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Are You Being Served: Season 5.

Mrs Slocombe Expects. Mrs Slocombe's cat is expecting kittens and Mr Rumbold refuses to allow her time off and she hatches a plan with Mr Harman to smuggle the cat in.

A Change Is As Good As The Rest: Ladies And Gents staff are being given a new floor to work on to see how the staff cope with other departments and the staff are given the toy department.

Founder's Day: Young Mr Grace is turning 80 and the staff try to do something special for his birthday with their version of "This Is Your Life" theme.

The Old Order Changes: When Young Mr Grace returns from a holiday in America and tries to get the staff to adapt by suggesting everyone dresses as they like and calling each other by their first names.

Take-Over: Grace brothers is under attack from a competing store and some share holders away, Mr Harman suggests they put someone in the meeting under disguise while Captain Peacocok does not like Mr Lucas giving him orders as the head waiter.

Goodbye Mr Grainger: Mr Grainger is been in a foul mood and disruptive, the staff decide that he should retire forcibly or resign, can the staff mend bridges.

It Pays To Advertise: Grace Brother's decide to advertise to the man and woman by getting the staff to act as living models.

This season was one of the funnier seasons that can cause hiccups to the ordinary man especially Captain Peacok dressing up casually and Mr Humphry's cooking does not go to plan with the souffle, and the last sesaon we see poor old Mr Grainger but at least he goes with alot of things off his chest and we find out Mr Lucas first name.
Old 19th September 2020, 09:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Are You Being Served: Season 6.

By Appointment: The Royal family are rumoured to be appear at Grace Brother's and the staff prepare for their visit and Mr Tebbs takes over from Mr Grainger's position.

The Club: Young Mr Grace has offered the staff a room in the basement for their own social club, with decorators costing more they decide to decorate it themselves.

Do You Take This Man?: Mrs Slocombe becomes engaged to a Greek gentleman but when things go wrong the staff try to help her.

Shedding The Load: When sales goes down, Grace Brothers decide redundancies would help the store but who will go?

A Bliss Girl: When a new sales counter is introduced for perfume and the girl doesn't show, the staff decide someone should step in a confusion erupts.

Happy Returns (Christmas Special), The staff decide to put on a show for Mr Grace's 81st birthday with Mr Humphrys creating his version of the Fairy Prince.

This season wasn't as funny as the previous ones, it may give out a chuckle of smirk, think the character of Mr Tebbs being a toff never made things as comical as it was even though the episode The Club was a bit more funnier than the episodes in this season.
Old 19th September 2020, 11:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

Wicked Science: Bolt from the Blue. While Elizabeth has been generally softer this season, if there's one thing that can bring out her dark side it's jealousy over Toby, which erupts when Nikki asks him to the school dance. Elizabeth basically blackmails him into taking her instead by threatening Nikki, but the situation gets out of control thanks to someone else's interference - Jack. This is a good, darker episode, and it's interesting how complicated the relationships are getting at this point, particularly between Toby/Elizabeth/Nikki/Jack, even more so now Jack knows the truth and makes it clear what he's after to Elizabeth - a partnership to make them both rich. And Toby again seems to almost kiss Elizabeth at one point, despite claiming he can't stand her! No wonder she's convinced he has feelings for her. Talk about mixed signals...
Old 19th September 2020, 11:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rostered on, Australian humour about working in a retail store and the shit they have to deal with, annoying customers and the banter they have between each other, while it’s not belly laugh stuff it’s good because it keeps it real and can relate to a lot of what goes on, and sometimes that works better than trying for the ott and unrealistic humour, and the fact it’s not American crap humour .
Old 20th September 2020, 12:50 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Are You Being Served: Season 7.

The Junior: Mr Tebbs has left and a opening has come up, Mr Goldberg joins the ranks and knows a thing or two about Captain Peacock's military history.

Strong Stuff This Insurance: To qualify for a new insurance policy the staff have to go through a medical examination and the gents feel uncomfortable undressing and decide to make a laugh about it.

The Apartment: Mrs Slocombe is moving house but her new house has squatters, she decides to use a empty floor as her new apartment, when the transport goes on strike, the department decide to try and lodge with Mrs Slocombe.

Mrs Slocombe, Senoir Person: Mr Rumbold takes seriously ill and Mrs Slocombe is given his job and doesn't seem to like it and the floor seems quiet without her being there.

The Hero: Mr Franco of sports department reveals that Captain Peacock has a boil on his bum and everyone makes a joke till Captain Peacock decides to put a stop to it and win his respect by a boxing match.

Anything You Can Do: Frustrated by the canteen staff, the department put in a complaint and the staff walk out leaving the floor staff to take over the canteen.

The Agent: Mr Goldberg decides to make some money as a job agent for the staff.

The Punch and Judy Affair (Christmas Special). The cleaners go on strike and to ease everyone the staff decide to put on a Punch and Judy show with Mr Humphrys directing it.

The laughs are back with this season and
more funny sarcastic comments and funny innuendos are back, unfortunately Trevor Bannister who played Mr Liucas left after the Christmas Special and Alfie Bass who played Mr Goldberg left due to a demand to the writers about the opening of the episodes.
Old 20th September 2020, 08:52 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Bit of a heads up for people to watch

Got up this morn and did usual stuff see to the pets etc,
Made a brew some cereal and sat down to eat it and thought I’ll just put on the tv and see what’s on, and on the sky arts channel was programme that’s not far off finishing 24X36 a documentary exploring the world of movie posters and artwork, meeting the people who create them and the issues they have commissioning them, when I got time I’ll seek it out and watch all of it, it’s hr and half long.
Old 20th September 2020, 09:48 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Bit of a heads up for people to watch

Got up this morn and did usual stuff see to the pets etc,
Made a brew some cereal and sat down to eat it and thought I’ll just put on the tv and see what’s on, and on the sky arts channel was programme that’s not far off finishing 24X36 a documentary exploring the world of movie posters and artwork, meeting the people who create them and the issues they have commissioning them, when I got time I’ll seek it out and watch all of it, it’s hr and half long.
It's no good that doc, it's basically a 90 minute advert for Mondo Posters, and not about the classic art of making movie posters like it leads you to believe. I watched it a month or two back! was disappointed.
ramses and Demoncrat like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!