Old 23rd November 2020, 10:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'The 13 Ghosts Of Scooby Doo'

Look at the front cover...

...and read the synopsis on the back of the box:
"Super sleuths Daphne, Shaggy and Scooby-Doo are on the case for ghosts, real ghosts this time, 13 of the world’s meanest ghosts to be exact. Once banned to an enchanted Chest of Demons of eternity, all 13 spirits are now loose to wreak havoc on the world and only Scooby-Doo can recapture them because – ruh-roh! – he’s the one who unwittingly opened the chest and let them out! Joined by the pint-sized, fast –talking magician / con artist Flim-Flam and guided by the world’s greatest mystic Vincent van Ghoul (voiced and inspired by the incomparable Vincent Price), the gang causes mayhem hunting ghosts around the world while cracking fans up in the comfort of their home. Scare up this spooktacular 2-disc complete series collection for a haunting good time! "
WHERE DOES IT MENTION THAT BLOODY SCRAPPY DOO IS IN THE SHOW?

Like everyone else, I loathe Scrappy Doo!

Scrappy Doo was a insult to kids ( and adults )everywhere!

Shoot it in the head and burn it with fire.
Demoncrat and Susan Foreman like this.

Last edited by trebor8273; 23rd November 2020 at 11:32 PM.
Old 23rd November 2020, 11:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished watching the right stuff which I enjoyed but it's years since I've seen the movie so really can't compare at this point. Also watched latest episode of star trek discovery and The Mandalorian which has opened big questions connecting towards the new trilogy and next episode could be the one everyone is look forward to, the live introduction of Ahsoka .

Started watching this, which I've been putting of since it came out but really enjoying , thanks to the scripts and characters .

Old 24th November 2020, 11:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Blackadder the Third. 1987.

In the regency era. Mr. E. Edmund is butler to the numskull Prince George.

Episode 1: Dish and Dishonesty: Blackadder enters politics to avoid the young new Prime Minister striking the Prince off the civil list.

Episode 2: Ink and Incapability: Professor Samuel Johnson has created the first dictionary and hopes the Prince will act as a patron, when Baldrick burns it Blackadder attempts to write it.

Episode 3: Nob and Nobility: Blackadder attempts to prove he is just as brave as The Scarlett Pimpernel and rescue a aristocrat from the French revolution.

Episode 4: Sense and Senility: Following a failed assassination attempt at the theatre, Blackadder hires two actors to teach the Prince how to deliver a speech...don't mention the Scottish play.

Episode 5: Amy and Amiability: Blackadder discovers the Prince is broke and tries to figure out how to get the fortune back and believes the Prince sshould marry in to money.

Episode 6: Duel and Duality: The Prince seduced two nieces of the fiery Duke of Wellington, Blackadder and the Prince trade places. Blackadder Scottish cousin McAdder arrives and offers him to kill the Duke.

I don't know why this series seemed to get a bashing, I actually enjoyed it, Hugh Laurie stars as the Prince Reagent who is dim witted and clueless and funny at the same time. Tim McInnerny appears in one episode as does Stephen Fry and Miranda Richardson. Rowan Atkinson at his best providing the laughs, wit and sarcastic comments with mentioning words that are not in the dictionary. Robbie Coltrane, Chris Barrie and Kenneth Conor provide small roles but they know how to give out good laughs.

MV5BMGViZTgzNjEtZWQ3My00YjJkLTk2OGUtZDQ1ODg2ZGEyNzhhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_.jpg
Old 25th November 2020, 09:39 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Who gives Blackadder Three a bashing?

It's the best series in my opinion with Ink and Incapability the best episode of the entire run until the very last episode Goodbyeee
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 25th November 2020, 09:57 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

It's the best series in my opinion with Ink and Incapability the best episode of the entire run until the very last episode Goodbyeee
Blackadder another one of those tv shows that I’ve just never really watched for some reason, don’t know why. wouldn’t mind but I’m pretty sure I’ve got the series in my to watch pile.
Old 25th November 2020, 10:03 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Blackadder another one of those tv shows that I’ve just never really watched for some reason, don’t know why. wouldn’t mind but I’m pretty sure I’ve got the series in my to watch pile.
Series two is currently running on Saturday nights on BBC1 so that will definitely be on I-Player.

They are all standalone series with different characters so you don't need to have seen the first one at all.
Old 25th November 2020, 11:59 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

I don't know anyone who doesn't think Blackadder the Third isn't the best or second-best series with some of the best writing and performances in the history of British comedy.
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 25th November 2020, 02:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I don't know anyone who doesn't think Blackadder the Third isn't the best or second-best series with some of the best writing and performances in the history of British comedy.
Blackadder would be the #1 comedy for me. British or otherwise.

The only reason i no longer watch it is because i pretty much know it word for word.
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 25th November 2020, 02:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Blackadder would be the #1 comedy for me. British or otherwise.

The only reason i no longer watch it is because i pretty much know it word for word.
SAUSAGE TIME!
Old 25th November 2020, 05:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Blackadder Goes Forth. 1989.

Captain Edmund Blackadder is in the trenches of WWI with LT. George Colthurst St. Barleigh and Private S. Baldrick.

Episode 1: Captain Cook: When a competition is announced for the King and Country magazine, Blackadder enters it so he can get away from the trenches.

Episode 2: Corporal Punishment: Blackadder tries do defy his orders claiming the phone lines are not working properly, mis reading telegrams and eating the carrier pigeon.

Episode 3: Major Star: Blackadder comes up with a plan to escape the trenches by putting on a variety show for the troops.

Episode 4: Private Plane: Blackadder believes joining the Air Force is less dangerous than being in the trenches.

Episode 5: General Hospital: There is a spy in the hospital and Blackadder is ordered to find the spy.

Episode 6: Goodbyeee: Blackadder pretends to be insane to avoid certain death with the big push in the trenches.

Rowan Atkinson is joined by Hugh Laurie and Tony Robinson in the trenches of World War I and tries everything possible to get out the trenches, Stephen Fry plays General Melchett along with Tim McInnerny who returns as Captain Darling with a in Joke through the series.

Blackadder: Hello Darling
Darling: It's Captain Darling.

Was it wrong to get sentimental about this, Blackadder is seen as coward trying everything to get out of the war then at the end he man's up ready with his army as they say their last words then charge at the enemy. The humour and laughs come quick and funny, how did they ever manage to keep a straight face, even with George asking what would happen if he stepped on a mine and Blackadder's response is comical. After watching these back to back it is definitely 12 hours worth spent.

blackadder.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!