LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th November 2020, 05:18 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Blackadder Goes Forth. 1989.

Episode 6: Goodbyeee: Blackadder pretends to be insane to avoid certain death with the big push in the trenches.

Was it wrong to get sentimental about this, Blackadder is seen as coward trying everything to get out of the war then at the end he man's up ready with his army as they say their last words then charge at the enemy.
Sentimental? Haha. It has me in floods of tears each damn time i watch it.
Demoncrat, trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 25th November 2020, 09:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Sentimental? Haha. It has me in floods of tears each damn time i watch it.
Me too, last episode is tv at its best and puts most " serious " show to shame in its portrayal of war.

The first time I saw it was at school of all places , which was showing in history class.

If it was made today the BBC would have everyone holding hands, kissing and singing and all the officers would be women.
Old 26th November 2020, 02:54 AM
Cult Acolyte

Secret Army: A Safe Place. In which we find out what Giles really did when he was young... Anthony Head as a Nazi!
Old 26th November 2020, 08:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 28th November 2020, 01:31 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Dracula (2020)

Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss bring Dracula kicking and screaming into the 21st century in this interesting take on the vampire tale with plot twists more cunning than a weasel and dialogue as sharp as the Count's teeth.

The finale of part two is reminiscent of when they sent Sherlock back in time but in fact the exact opposite happens with the vampire and i can see why so many didn't get along with it but i rather liked it. During the commentary Mark Gatiss says he wanted to set episode two in London, 1972. I wonder why? Haha.

Claes Bang was an excellent Dracula and Dolly Wells, she can nunsploit me any time.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 28th November 2020 at 01:54 PM.
Old 28th November 2020, 01:53 PM
Cult Veteran

I'm glad you enjoyed it, there were a lot of moaners when it aired, but I enjoyed it myself, I actually found the first episode to be the weakest of the three.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th November 2020, 01:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Ha ha, yeah me for one. Did not make it through the first episode.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 28th November 2020, 02:05 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'm glad you enjoyed it, there were a lot of moaners when it aired, but I enjoyed it myself, I actually found the first episode to be the weakest of the three.
Yes it was, at least the opening half of the episode.

I was pleased it took huge liberties with the source material purely because i hoped it would be something different and it was.

Bang was great as the Count, at times he even looked a little like Christopher Lee, especially when in 'attack mode' and Dolly Wells is probably my second favourite Van Helsing.

I loved the scene where she took off across the table and ripped the curtains down ala Cushing in Hammer's Dracula, that was brilliant.
Justin101 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 28th November 2020, 06:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

justice1.jpg
SHARPE'S JUSTICE (1997)

In peacetime, Sharpe returns to England and is put in charge of a yeomanry in Yorkshire. Sharpe is desperate to sort out his wife Jane's affair with Lord Rossendale...

A change of pace for this episode as Sharpe tries to sort out troubles on the home front and a peek in to Sharpe's early life.
Old 28th November 2020, 07:42 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Attachment 229725
SHARPE'S JUSTICE (1997)

In peacetime, Sharpe returns to England and is put in charge of a yeomanry in Yorkshire. Sharpe is desperate to sort out his wife Jane's affair with Lord Rossendale...

A change of pace for this episode as Sharpe tries to sort out troubles on the home front and a peek in to Sharpe's early life.
When i watched this over the summer i presumed Sharpe would go home to Sheffield, somewhere close to Bean's heart, i'd no idea Sharpe's home was twenty minutes away from me.
trebor8273, Dave Boy and MrBarlow like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!