LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd January 2021, 10:26 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
The films have been on tv, haven’t seen them for years so decided to watch them.
I've only seen the first Karate Kid film. With the high number of references to Part II and Part III, I probably should have watched those before Cobra Kai!

I finished watching the third season earlier this evening. Like the previous two, it's very easy to watch, though a bit soap opera-ish at times, with characters who are just about two-dimensional and fairly simplistic storylines. This is probably very faithful to the three films from the 1980s and not meant as a criticism.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 3rd January 2021, 10:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Armchair Thriller.

The Chelsea Murders.

A mysterious masked man is killing people at random or is there a connection to the killings with a young group of students making a film and a journalist.

This was a full length feature film that seemed to imitate Four Flies on Grey Velvet with someone wearing a big smiley face mask, the budget seems a bit dwindled down compared to the first season of this. After the first half hour my interest in this was fading but managed to stick it out and got more interesting. For some reason the boxset I have doesn't have Dead Man's Kit or High tide as they seem to be advertised for season 2, this is definitely something I would re-watch again.

Old 4th January 2021, 05:09 AM
Ex-member

Has anyone seen NOS4A2?

Recently watched the first 2 seasons - first one is a very good watch, second is okay- a little boring, not surprised it got canceled.
Old 4th January 2021, 08:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Kessler. Part 1 of this six part mini series. It's such a clever move to have a follow-up/spin-off of Secret Army set more than three decades later and to use that show's principal antagonist to tell the story of a Nazi war criminal who got away with it and has been living under a false identity and is now being suspected/discovered. Didn't expect to actually see three of the SA principals as well, though I suspect their roles will be limited (if not done already). Very good start though, the older/old age makeup is very convincing, and Clifford Rose is as icily chilling as ever as Kessler.
Old 5th January 2021, 11:18 AM
Active Cultist

This was nice, Yakuza in London, a twist here and there and only 8 episodes easy watch.

atm watching The The Mandalorian, so far nothing special - always nice to see Herzog doing the bad guy (got 3 months free on disney+)
Old 5th January 2021, 11:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post

atm watching The The Mandalorian, so far nothing special - always nice to see Herzog doing the bad guy (got 3 months free on disney+)
must be the first person to say that, for most its the best Star wars has been in decades, it just gets better and better.
Justin101 likes this.

Last edited by trebor8273; 5th January 2021 at 01:07 PM.
Old 5th January 2021, 12:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Final Season of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina after my lukewarm response to season 3, (8 episodes which took me almost 4 months to watch) I've got to admit so far the last season is great fun. Each of the 8 episodes is based on one of the 8 'Eldritch Terrors' so it has a bit of the Lovecraftian vibe to it. It's so much better than last year's effort. Lots of eye candy for boys and girls of any persuasion too, always a bonus!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 5th January 2021, 02:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Final Season of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina after my lukewarm response to season 3, (8 episodes which took me almost 4 months to watch) I've got to admit so far the last season is great fun. Each of the 8 episodes is based on one of the 8 'Eldritch Terrors' so it has a bit of the Lovecraftian vibe to it. It's so much better than last year's effort. Lots of eye candy for boys and girls of any persuasion too, always a bonus!

Also watching this like the little nods to Lovecraft , like Blackwood changing his name too lovecraft also as you said lots of eye candy which is never a bad thing.

Also watching the final season of Vikings.
Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.

Last edited by trebor8273; 5th January 2021 at 02:57 PM.
Old 5th January 2021, 02:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I've only seen the first Karate Kid film. With the high number of references to Part II and Part III, I probably should have watched those before Cobra Kai!

I finished watching the third season earlier this evening. Like the previous two, it's very easy to watch, though a bit soap opera-ish at times, with characters who are just about two-dimensional and fairly simplistic storylines. This is probably very faithful to the three films from the 1980s and not meant as a criticism.

Just a few minor gripes,
Yes I found a couple of bits wish washy , one or two characters come across really wimpish and look like they couldn’t fight themselves out of a wet paper bag, a tadge unrealistic about Miguel being back on his feet when he got told he might be crippled for life or not walk again, would have been better if most the story went the way it did and the hospital helped Miguel with the physio therapy side and last episode he got back on feet,
The bit that bugs me in any series or films is the constant make up, fall out, make up, fall out side of it gets a tadge predictable and boring, apart from the predictable ending I would have thought it played out where when Johnny was getting beat up by crease his son Robby started on kreese and said leave my dad alone and Johnny and Robby made up. Otherwise a very good series.
Old 6th January 2021, 03:26 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
must be the first person to say that, for most its the best Star wars has been in decades, it just gets better and better.
Maybe that is the problem - the hype is to high

I'm on season 2 now, it's getting better.

Like this? Share it using the links below!