Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th January 2021, 03:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Saw the first episode of the new The Stand. Hmmm. Will probably watch the rest ahem.
nosferatu42 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 6th January 2021, 09:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching true untold stories of ER, unusual or bizarre stories in ER.

From people who turn up with objects stuck up their bum,

A couple who had to dial 911 because they were making love she spasm causing her to clamp up with him inside and ambulance crew had problems prising them apart.

A bloke kept having fits and they struggled to understand what was causing them, turns out he was faking it to go for the sympathy vote with his girlfriend, only for it to have opposite effect causing her to leave him.

The women they thought was on drugs because she was having illusions and complained her neighbours were trying to kill to the monster in her couch was trying to escape, turns out she had a brain tumour that was causing her to imagine things .
Old 10th January 2021, 08:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Final Season of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina after my lukewarm response to season 3, (8 episodes which took me almost 4 months to watch) I've got to admit so far the last season is great fun. Each of the 8 episodes is based on one of the 8 'Eldritch Terrors' so it has a bit of the Lovecraftian vibe to it. It's so much better than last year's effort. Lots of eye candy for boys and girls of any persuasion too, always a bonus!

I just watched the last episode, i'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest. Especially the very last scene, I feel it would have been a stronger ending without it.

Overall though, it's been a wild ride, started off strong and waned a little in the middle (especially season 3), but it ended well with season 4 and the Eldritch Terrors.

It's not a show for everyone because it's pretty cheesy and not entirely serious, but we also spent our teenage years (most of us) watching the likes of Buffy and Charmed, its in the same vein but more modern!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 10th January 2021, 08:16 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Saw the first episode of the new The Stand. Hmmm. Will probably watch the rest ahem.
How's this going? The first episode got slaughtered by the critics! I was curious though, might give it a watch too...
Demoncrat likes this.

Old 10th January 2021, 08:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I just watched the last episode, i'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest. Especially the very last scene, I feel it would have been a stronger ending without it.

Overall though, it's been a wild ride, started off strong and waned a little in the middle (especially season 3), but it ended well with season 4 and the Eldritch Terrors.

It's not a show for everyone because it's pretty cheesy and not entirely serious, but we also spent our teenage years (most of us) watching the likes of Buffy and Charmed, its in the same vein but more modern!

Just watched the episode in which the realities are merging and Sabrina Morningstar ends up in a very familiar alternate reality.

Also finished Vikings and started latest season of The expanse , which I still say is the best sci-fi show since the battlestar reboot.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 10th January 2021, 08:36 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Just watched the episode in which the realities are merging and Sabrina Morningstar ends up in a very familiar alternate reality.
That was a very clever twist I appreciated it!

I quite fancy The Expanse, I might check it out, but I also caught some Andromeda on the Horror Channel earlier and I've never seen it before but it looks quite fun in a Star Trek TNG/Voyager kind of way!

Old 10th January 2021, 08:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
That was a very clever twist I appreciated it!

I quite fancy The Expanse, I might check it out, but I also caught some Andromeda on the Horror Channel earlier and I've never seen it before but it looks quite fun in a Star Trek TNG/Voyager kind of way!
Expanse is very serious sci-fi so if you want in expecting star trek style sci-fi you might be disappointed .

It's a show you have to pay attention as stuff can come back episodes of even seasons that doesn't seem important . Would say it's more hard sci-fi .

This is what I expect it too be like in couple hundred years compared to star trek etc.

Also finished latest season of Discovery .

I wonder if David Cronenberg is a star trek fan as he has been a regular character this season.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 10th January 2021, 08:45 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Expanse is very serious sci-fi so if you want in expecting star trek style sci-fi you might be disappointed .

It's a show you have to pay attention as stuff can come back episodes of even seasons that doesn't seem important . Would say it's more hard sci-fi .

This is what I expect it too be like in couple hundred years compared to star trek etc.

Also finished latest season of Discovery .
I like the serious stuff so it'll be fine
I should watch season 2 & 3 of Discovery though, I'm not sure why I never continued it I really liked the first series!

Old 10th January 2021, 09:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
How's this going? The first episode got slaughtered by the critics! I was curious though, might give it a watch too...
But Amber Heard's only in it for about 5 seconds tee hee ....

It has an odd structure, flash forwards that mean FA if you haven't read it etc, I'm really just going to watch it just to see how certain characters are portayed tbh. Mainly Flagg cough.
Justin101 and trebor8273 like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th January 2021, 04:17 PM
Cult Veteran

I'm definitely very late to game but I just started watching Cobra Kai this afternoon after I discovered that Netflix DOES play on my work laptop... perhaps with working from home they're a bit more lenient?!

Are you supposed to really not like Daniel at the beginning? Granted I've only seen 2 eps so far but I'm totally rooting for Johnny at this point.
Nordicdusk likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!