Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th January 2021, 03:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Just watched all karate kid films and in third film I thought considering everything Mr Miyagi has taught him I think he a crap fighter, he would easily get his arse kicked for real if he carried on fighting the way he did outside of the tournament .
That scene where Johnny and Daniel started squaring off and the wife came out and rolled her eyes and made them breakfast That's one of the best episodes so far I think.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 14th January 2021, 03:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
That scene where Johnny and Daniel started squaring off and the wife came out and rolled her eyes and made them breakfast That's one of the best episodes so far I think.
All 3 seasons are excellent and definitely worth watching, but what both don’t realise is because of their attitudes is what causing a lot of the problems in the first place.
Old 14th January 2021, 04:49 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Loving Poirot so far.

I'm three discs in. The fact that it has basically an ensemble cast with Poirot, Capt Hastings, 'the' Chief Inspector Japp and the lovely Miss Lemon, really helps as there's fun to be had as well as simply solving cases, murders usually. The expressions Suchet gives and the little sayings he comes out with are a hoot.

Highly recommended.

Japp, Poirot, Miss Lemon, Hastings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l400.jpg (36.1 KB, 56 views)
Old 14th January 2021, 10:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been really digging deep in amazon prime and be surprised at some of the stuff there, anyhow found a show called accused about people who are accused of something, starts off with the person been taken from their cell to the courtroom, then their story begins about how they ended up In court, the writing acting is top notch and plays about with realism, choices, decisions, dilemmas, each episode draws you and keeps you there till the bitter end and irrelevant if found guilty or not it leaves the viewers deciding for themselves do you agree with the verdict and what would you do if you was in that situation, each episode different with star studded cast Christopher Eccleston, Sean Bean, Olivia Coleman, Juliet Stevenson, and many others, written by Jimmy McGovern who behind Hillsborough movie and worked on shows like Brookside, cracker , lakes and many other shows, top notch drama done in the style of how they was done in the 80s and 90s
Extremely recommended.
Old 15th January 2021, 01:09 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Loving Poirot so far.

I'm three discs in. The fact that it has basically an ensemble cast with Poirot, Capt Hastings, 'the' Chief Inspector Japp and the lovely Miss Lemon, really helps as there's fun to be had as well as simply solving cases, murders usually. The expressions Suchet gives and the little sayings he comes out with are a hoot.

Highly recommended.

Japp, Poirot, Miss Lemon, Hastings.
My brother had no idea what to buy my mum for Christmas. Because of her affection for whodunnits and police procedural TV shows, I recommended he buy the Poirot box set for her. She was very happy with it!
Old 15th January 2021, 01:16 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
My brother had no idea what to buy my mum for Christmas. Because of her affection for whodunnits and police procedural TV shows, I recommended he buy the Poirot box set for her. She was very happy with it!
I'm considering buying it on iTunes for myself, I'd get the DVDs but I don't have room for such a big box set anymore Hours and hours of entertainment!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 15th January 2021, 03:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'm considering buying it on iTunes for myself, I'd get the DVDs but I don't have room for such a big box set anymore Hours and hours of entertainment!
It''s not that large - about the same size as six dvds
Old 15th January 2021, 08:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched the first two episodes of Wandvison, not what I expected but all the better for it. It's mixes sitcom, with superheroes and a mystery.

The first episode is probably in the 50s and mirrors shows like the honeymooners and Lucy, while second is heavily influenced by bewitched which includes the titles and even the story.

It's all quite cool as these two episodes are black and white and shot in 4:3 and everything mirrors the time, how they speak etc and the fashion , even the special effects at times match the era. We have the ongoing mystery of how and why is Wanda here and who is trying to contact her.

My theory at this point is it's Wandas doing as she has made this reality too be with Vision and have the life she wants.

This is probably one of the most important marvel shows as it's suppose to be setting everything up for phase 4, lots lot little Easter eggs of what might come.
Old 16th January 2021, 12:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

When music goes horrible wrong,
Entertaining way to spend 3 hrs of watching things go wrong in the music industry, from tantrums, wardrobe malfunction, fights, rise and fall to complete career suicide.
Old 16th January 2021, 09:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

Ersv9exXYAARrdT.jpg ErnnQ2uXMAEChWT.jpg

Well, this is all different. What good fun and actually great jokes along the way. Very clever. Some easter eggs only comic book readers will notice. I have my own ideas what is going on and who certain charactors really are. One thing for sure is that the laughs will stop and the sh*t will hit the fan. Have you noticed how long the end credits are? So many people involved it's like watching movie credits not a 25 min show.

Like this? Share it using the links below!